Stewart Airport, also known as New York Stewart International Airport, is a public airport located in Newburgh, New York. It serves as a gateway to the Hudson Valley region and is conveniently located just 60 miles north of New York City. The airport offers a range of domestic and international flights, making it a popular choice for both business and leisure travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Stewart Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Stewart Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Stewart Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Stewart Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Stewart Airport
Stewart Airport is located in Newburgh, New York and is easily accessible by car, bus, or train. If you are driving, take the New York State Thruway (I-87) to Exit 17, and then follow the signs to the airport. The airport is about 70 miles north of New York City and 60 miles south of Albany.
If you prefer to take public transportation, there are several bus companies that provide service to Stewart Airport. Coach USA operates daily bus service from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City to the airport. Short Line also provides bus service from various locations in New York and New Jersey.
If you are coming from the city, you can take the Metro-North Railroad to Beacon Station and then take a taxi or shuttle to the airport. The train ride takes about an hour and a half. There are also Amtrak trains that stop in Poughkeepsie, which is about 20 miles from the airport.
Overall, getting to Stewart Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available. Whether you are driving, taking the bus, or riding the train, you can easily reach the airport from anywhere in the region.
Stewart Airport, located in Newburgh, New York, offers several transportation options for travelers to get to and from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport 24/7 and can take you to your destination quickly and conveniently. You can find taxi stands outside the terminal building.
2. Ride-sharing services: Uber and Lyft are both available at Stewart Airport. You can use their apps to request a ride and get picked up at the designated ride-sharing pickup area.
3. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. You can rent a car and drive yourself to your destination.
4. Shuttle services: Several shuttle services operate at Stewart Airport, offering shared rides to and from the airport. Some of the popular shuttle services include SuperShuttle and GO Airport Shuttle.
5. Public transportation: The Metro-North Railroad offers train service from the airport to New York City and other destinations. You can also take the Short Line bus service to various locations in New York and New Jersey.
No matter which transportation option you choose, you can easily get to and from Stewart Airport.
Stewart Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 30 minutes of parking are free, and the hourly rate is $3.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located adjacent to the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period. The daily rate is $12, and the weekly rate is $60.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a short distance from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are looking for an affordable parking option. The daily rate is $8, and the weekly rate is $40.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is located in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for those who are looking for a convenient and hassle-free parking experience. The daily rate is $25, and the weekly rate is $125.
5. Cell Phone Lot: This parking lot is located near the airport entrance. It is free of charge and is ideal for those who are waiting for arriving passengers. Drivers are not allowed to leave their vehicles unattended in this lot.
Overall, Stewart Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you are looking for a short-term or long-term parking solution, there is an option available for you.
Car Rental at Stewart Airport
- Alamo Car Rental
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Dollar Car Rental
- Enterprise Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Stewart Airport Terminals is a small regional airport located in Newburgh, New York. The airport has two terminals, Terminal A and Terminal B. Terminal A is used for domestic flights, while Terminal B is used for international flights. The airport serves several airlines, including Allegiant Air, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and JetBlue Airways.
Terminal A at Stewart Airport is a modern and spacious facility that offers a variety of amenities for travelers. The terminal features a food court with several dining options, including Dunkin’ Donuts, Hudson News, and Subway. There is also a gift shop, a currency exchange, and a business center with free Wi-Fi. The terminal has several gates and is equipped with modern technology to ensure a smooth and efficient boarding process.
Terminal B at Stewart Airport is a smaller facility that is primarily used for international flights. The terminal features a duty-free shop, a currency exchange, and a lounge area for passengers. There are also several dining options, including a café and a bar. The terminal has a few gates and is equipped with modern technology to ensure a smooth and efficient boarding process.
Overall, Stewart Airport Terminals offer a convenient and comfortable travel experience for passengers. The airport is easily accessible from major highways and offers affordable parking options. With its modern facilities and amenities, Stewart Airport is a great choice for travelers looking for a hassle-free travel experience.
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- JetBlue Airways
- United Airlines
- Air Canada
- Allegiant Air
- Frontier Airlines
Stewart Airport is a public airport located in Newburgh, New York. The airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of its passengers, employees, and visitors. To achieve this goal, the airport has implemented several security protocols that are designed to prevent potential threats and ensure a safe and secure environment.
One of the primary security protocols at Stewart Airport is the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) screening process. All passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. The TSA screening process includes the use of advanced imaging technology, metal detectors, and other security measures to detect any prohibited items or potential threats.
In addition to TSA screening, Stewart Airport also has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security incidents. The airport also has a comprehensive security plan that outlines procedures for responding to emergencies and communicating with law enforcement agencies.
Overall, Stewart Airport is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers, employees, and visitors. The airport’s security protocols are designed to prevent potential threats and ensure that everyone who enters the airport is able to travel safely and without incident.
Stewart Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a program designed to provide support and assistance to travelers passing through Stewart International Airport. The program is run by a team of trained volunteers who are available to help travelers with a variety of needs, including directions, information about airport services, and assistance with luggage.
The Traveler’s Assistance program is particularly helpful for first-time travelers or those who are unfamiliar with the airport. Volunteers are stationed throughout the airport, and are easily identifiable by their bright blue vests. They are available to answer questions, provide directions, and offer assistance with any issues that may arise during a traveler’s journey.
In addition to providing assistance to travelers, the program also helps to create a welcoming and friendly atmosphere at the airport. Volunteers are trained to be courteous and helpful, and are dedicated to making sure that every traveler has a positive experience at Stewart International Airport. Overall, the Traveler’s Assistance program is an important resource for anyone passing through the airport, and is a testament to the airport’s commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Shops and Restaurants
* Hudson News: A newsstand offering a wide selection of magazines, books, snacks, and travel essentials.
* Brookstone: A specialty retailer offering a wide selection of innovative products for the home, office, and travel.
* The Travel Store: A shop offering a variety of travel-related items, including luggage, travel accessories, and souvenirs.
* Burger King: A fast-food restaurant serving burgers, fries, and other classic American favorites.
* Starbucks: A coffee shop offering a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks.
* The Great American Bagel: A bakery offering freshly-baked bagels, sandwiches, and other breakfast items.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Stewart International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and airport staff who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at the airport:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the second floor of the main terminal, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths. The chapel provides a peaceful space for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the main terminal, near the Interfaith Chapel. The room is equipped with prayer mats and is available for use by Muslim passengers and airport staff.
3. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the main terminal, near the Interfaith Chapel. The room is equipped with prayer books and is available for use by Jewish passengers and airport staff.
4. Christian Prayer Room – The Christian Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the main terminal, near the Interfaith Chapel. The room is equipped with a Bible and is available for use by Christian passengers and airport staff.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Stewart International Airport are free to use and open to people of all faiths. They provide a peaceful and quiet space for passengers and airport staff to practice their faith or seek a moment of reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Stewart Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure a comfortable and productive travel experience for its passengers. Here are some of the amenities available:
1. Free WiFi: Stewart Airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected and browse the internet.
2. Charging Stations: The airport has multiple charging stations located throughout the terminal building, providing passengers with a convenient way to charge their devices.
3. Business Center: The airport’s business center is equipped with workstations, printers, and fax machines, making it an ideal place for business travelers to catch up on work.
4. Conference Rooms: For those who need a private space to conduct meetings, Stewart Airport offers conference rooms that can be rented by the hour.
5. Quiet Areas: The airport has designated quiet areas where passengers can relax and work in a peaceful environment.
6. Food and Beverage Options: Stewart Airport has a variety of food and beverage options, including cafes and restaurants, where passengers can grab a bite to eat and work.
Overall, Stewart Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of its passengers, making it an ideal airport for business travelers and digital nomads.
- The British Airways Galleries Lounge located in Terminal 4, London Heathrow Airport
- The Air France Lounge located in Terminal 2, Charles de Gaulle Airport
- The American Airlines Admirals Club located in Terminal 3, JFK International Airport
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge located in Terminal 1, Toronto Pearson International Airport
- The Etihad Airways First Class Lounge located in Terminal 3, Abu Dhabi International Airport
- The Turkish Airlines Lounge located in Terminal 2, Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- The Emirates Lounge located in Terminal 3, Dubai International Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Stewart Airport
1. The Stewart Airport Hotel: Located directly on the airport grounds, this hotel offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a bar.
2. The Stewart Airport Inn: This hotel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, a business center, and a complimentary continental breakfast.
3. The Stewart Airport Motel: This motel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers basic amenities, including free Wi-Fi and a complimentary continental breakfast.
4. The Stewart Airport Hostel: This hostel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers basic amenities, including free Wi-Fi, a shared kitchen, and a shared lounge.
5. The Stewart Airport Campground: This campground is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers basic amenities, including RV sites, tent sites, and a shared kitchen.
Stewart Airport, located in New Windsor, New York, is surrounded by a variety of attractions that are sure to appeal to visitors of all ages and interests. Here are some of the top attractions near Stewart Airport:
1. Storm King Art Center: This 500-acre outdoor sculpture park features over 100 works of art by some of the world’s most renowned artists, including Alexander Calder and Mark di Suvero.
2. Hudson River Adventures: Take a scenic boat tour of the Hudson River and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and historic landmarks.
3. Brotherhood Winery: Established in 1839, Brotherhood Winery is the oldest continuously operating winery in the United States. Visitors can take a tour of the winery, sample some of their award-winning wines, and enjoy a picnic on the grounds.
4. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets: With over 250 stores, Woodbury Common is one of the largest outlet malls in the world. Shop for designer brands at discounted prices and enjoy a variety of dining options.
5. West Point Military Academy: Located just a few miles from Stewart Airport, West Point is one of the most prestigious military academies in the world. Visitors can take a guided tour of the campus and learn about the history and traditions of the United States Military Academy.
6. Bear Mountain State Park: This 5,000-acre park offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, fishing, boating, and picnicking. Visitors can also take a scenic drive up to the top of Bear Mountain for panoramic views of the Hudson River Valley.
7. Dia:Beacon: This contemporary art museum is housed in a former Nabisco factory and features works by some of the most influential artists of the 20th and 21st centuries, including Andy Warhol, Richard Serra, and Dan Flavin.
8. Orange County Choppers: Motorcycle enthusiasts will love visiting the headquarters of Orange County Choppers, the custom motorcycle shop made famous by the reality TV show “American Chopper.” Visitors can take a tour of the shop and see some of their most iconic bikes on display.
History of Stewart Airport
Stewart Airport, located in Newburgh, New York, has a rich history dating back to the early 1930s. Originally known as the Newburgh-Stewart Airport, it was built by the City of Newburgh as a municipal airport. During World War II, the airport was used by the military as a training base for pilots and aircrews. After the war, the airport was returned to civilian use and was renamed Stewart Air Force Base in honor of a local war hero.
In the 1970s, the airport was transferred to the New York State Department of Transportation and was renamed Stewart International Airport. The airport underwent a major expansion in the 1990s, which included the construction of a new terminal building and the lengthening of the runway to accommodate larger aircraft. In 2007, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey took over the management of the airport and has since invested millions of dollars in upgrades and improvements.
Today, Stewart Airport is a bustling regional airport that serves the Hudson Valley region of New York and northern New Jersey. It offers a variety of domestic and international flights, including nonstop service to major cities such as Chicago, Orlando, and Fort Lauderdale. With its convenient location and modern facilities, Stewart Airport continues to play an important role in the region’s transportation infrastructure.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport