Tampa International Airport is a major airport located in Tampa, Florida. It serves as a hub for several airlines and offers a wide range of domestic and international flights. The airport is known for its modern facilities, efficient operations, and excellent customer service.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Tampa International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Tampa International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Tampa International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Tampa International Airport
- Other Airports in Florida, United States
How to Get to Tampa International Airport
Tampa International Airport is located approximately 6 miles west of downtown Tampa, Florida. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking public transportation, or using a ride-sharing service.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from the I-275 and the Veterans Expressway. There are several parking options available, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as valet parking.
If you prefer to take public transportation, the Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) bus system offers several routes that stop at the airport. The Route 30 bus runs from downtown Tampa to the airport, while the Route 60 bus runs from the airport to Clearwater.
Alternatively, you can use a ride-sharing service such as Uber or Lyft to get to the airport. Simply request a ride and enter the airport as your destination. There are designated pick-up and drop-off areas for ride-sharing services at the airport.
No matter how you choose to get to Tampa International Airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to navigate traffic and security checkpoints. Safe travels!
Tampa International Airport offers a variety of transportation options to suit the needs of every traveler. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available 24/7 at the airport. The taxi stand is located outside the baggage claim area of each terminal. The fare to downtown Tampa is approximately $25-$30.
2. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are available at the airport. The pickup location is located outside the baggage claim area of each terminal.
3. Rental Cars: There are several rental car companies located at the airport. The rental car center is located on the third floor of the main terminal. A shuttle bus is available to take passengers to and from the rental car center.
4. Public Transportation: The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) bus system offers service to and from the airport. The bus stop is located outside the baggage claim area of each terminal. The fare is $2.00 per ride.
5. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel for more information.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Tampa International Airport makes it easy to get to your destination.
Tampa International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and where they are located:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking option is located on the ground level of the parking garage adjacent to the Main Terminal. It is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The hourly rate is $4, and the daily rate is $22.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking option is located on the top level of the parking garage adjacent to the Main Terminal. It is ideal for those who need to park for several days or longer. The daily rate is $18.
3. Economy Parking: This parking option is located off-site and is serviced by a complimentary shuttle bus that runs every 7-10 minutes. It is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period. The daily rate is $10.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is located on the Departures Level of the Main Terminal. It is ideal for those who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The hourly rate is $8, and the daily rate is $30.
5. Cell Phone Waiting Lot: This parking option is located off-site and is free of charge. It is ideal for those who are picking up passengers and need to wait for them to arrive. The lot is equipped with flight information displays to help you keep track of your flight’s arrival time.
No matter which parking option you choose, Tampa International Airport offers safe and secure parking facilities with 24/7 surveillance and assistance.
Car Rental at Tampa International Airport
Tampa International Airport is a major airport located in Tampa, Florida. The airport has four main terminals, each with its own unique features and amenities. Terminal A is primarily used by Southwest Airlines and offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including a Starbucks and a duty-free store. Terminal B is home to Delta Airlines and offers a variety of dining options, including a food court and a sit-down restaurant. Terminal C is used by several airlines, including American Airlines and United Airlines, and offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including a duty-free store and a newsstand. Terminal D is primarily used by international airlines and offers a variety of dining and shopping options, including a duty-free store and a sit-down restaurant.
All of the terminals at Tampa International Airport are connected by a free shuttle service, making it easy for passengers to move between terminals. The airport also offers a variety of other amenities, including free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and a variety of lounges for passengers to relax in. Additionally, the airport has a variety of parking options, including a parking garage and several surface lots, making it easy for passengers to park their cars and access the airport. Overall, Tampa International Airport is a modern and convenient airport that offers a variety of amenities and services to make travel as easy and comfortable as possible.
1. Air Canada
2. Alaska Airlines
3. American Airlines
4. British Airways
5. Copa Airlines
6. Delta Air Lines
7. Edelweiss Air
8. Frontier Airlines
9. JetBlue Airways
11. Norwegian Air Shuttle
12. Silver Airways
13. Southwest Airlines
14. Spirit Airlines
15. Sun Country Airlines
16. United Airlines
Tampa International Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and employees. The airport has implemented a number of security protocols to achieve this goal. One of the most visible security measures is the presence of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers who screen passengers and their belongings before they board their flights. The TSA uses advanced imaging technology and other screening methods to detect potential threats.
In addition to TSA screening, Tampa International Airport has a number of other security measures in place. The airport has a state-of-the-art surveillance system that monitors all areas of the airport, including the parking garages, terminals, and runways. The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who patrol the airport and respond to any security incidents.
To further enhance security, Tampa International Airport has implemented a number of access control measures. All employees and contractors must undergo a background check before they are granted access to secure areas of the airport. The airport also uses biometric technology to verify the identity of employees and contractors who need access to these areas.
Overall, Tampa International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety of all passengers and employees. These measures include TSA screening, advanced surveillance technology, trained security personnel, and access control measures.
Tampa International Airport offers a variety of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Information Desks are located in both the Main Terminal and each Airside, providing travelers with information on flight schedules, gate locations, and ground transportation options. Additionally, the airport offers a mobile app that allows travelers to track their flight status, view airport maps, and access real-time parking availability.
For travelers with disabilities or special needs, Tampa International Airport provides a range of services to ensure accessibility and comfort. The airport offers wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms throughout the terminal. Service animals are also welcome in the airport, and relief areas are available for their use. Additionally, the airport provides visual paging and TTY services for travelers who are deaf or hard of hearing.
For international travelers, Tampa International Airport offers a variety of services to assist with customs and immigration procedures. The airport has a dedicated U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility, allowing travelers to complete the necessary procedures before departing the airport. Additionally, the airport offers translation services and currency exchange services to assist with international travel needs. Overall, Tampa International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a seamless and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Tampa International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers. Here is a list of some of the most popular ones:
1. Bay to Bay News and Gifts – This shop offers a variety of newspapers, magazines, books, snacks, and souvenirs.
2. Brookstone – This store offers a range of travel gadgets, electronics, and accessories.
3. Duty-Free Americas – This shop offers a range of duty-free products, including liquor, tobacco, and fragrances.
4. InMotion Entertainment – This store offers a range of electronics, including headphones, speakers, and chargers.
5. Swarovski – This store offers a range of crystal jewelry, accessories, and gifts.
1. Cigar City Brewing – This restaurant offers a range of craft beers and pub-style food.
2. Columbia Cafe – This restaurant offers a range of Spanish and Cuban cuisine, including tapas, sandwiches, and paella.
3. Hard Rock Cafe – This restaurant offers a range of American cuisine, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
4. P.F. Chang’s – This restaurant offers a range of Asian cuisine, including sushi, noodles, and stir-fry dishes.
5. Starbucks – This coffee shop offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Tampa International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors to use. These areas are located throughout the airport and are easily accessible to all.
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the third floor of the Main Terminal, near the entrance to Airside A, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. The chapel offers a quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the third floor of the Main Terminal, near the entrance to Airside F, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers.
3. Yoga Room – Located on the second floor of the Main Terminal, near the entrance to Airside E, the Yoga Room is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for yoga and meditation.
4. Catholic Mass – The airport offers a Catholic Mass every Sunday at 8:30 am in the Interfaith Chapel.
5. Protestant Services – The airport offers Protestant services on Sundays at 10:00 am in the Interfaith Chapel.
Overall, Tampa International Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the needs of all passengers and visitors. These spaces offer a peaceful and welcoming environment for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Tampa International Airport offers a variety of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspaces: For those who need to get work done, Tampa International Airport offers several options for workspace facilities. The airport has a number of business centers located throughout the terminal, which provide private workstations, printing and copying services, and other amenities to help travelers stay productive.
In addition, the airport also has a number of lounges that offer comfortable seating, charging stations, and other amenities for travelers who need to work or relax before their flight. These lounges include the Delta Sky Club, the United Club, and the American Airlines Admirals Club.
Overall, Tampa International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to meet the needs of all travelers, whether they are looking to stay connected or get some work done while waiting for their flight.
Tampa International Airport offers a variety of exclusive lounges that provide comfort and relaxation to passengers while they wait for their flights. Here is a list of the airport’s lounges and their locations:
- Air France Lounge – Main Terminal, Airside F, near Gate F68
- Alaska Airlines Board Room – Main Terminal, Airside F, near Gate F80
- Club America – Main Terminal, Airside E, near Gate E72
- Delta Sky Club – Main Terminal, Airside C, near Gate C29
- KAL Business Class Lounge – Main Terminal, Airside F, near Gate F66
- United Club – Main Terminal, Airside E, near Gate E74
Accomodation Options Nearby Tampa International Airport
Tampa International Airport, conveniently located in Tampa, Florida, offers a range of accommodation options for travelers passing through. Whether you are searching for budget-friendly options or seeking luxurious accommodations, the airport provides various choices to cater to every traveler’s needs. Here is an overview of the accommodations available at Tampa International Airport, spanning from affordable to high-end ones:
1. Cheaper Options:
a. Rest Zones: If you’re seeking a short rest between flights, Tampa International Airport offers designated rest zones with comfortable seating, ideal for a quick nap or relaxation.
b. Sleep Pods: For a more private resting experience, sleep pods can be found at the airport. Equipped with a bed, charging point, and free Wi-Fi, these pods offer a budget-friendly option for tired travelers.
2. Mid-range Options:
a. On-site Hotels: Tampa International Airport hosts a few mid-range hotels within its premises, offering convenience and comfort. These hotels provide cozy rooms, 24/7 front desk service, and easy access to the airport terminals.
b. Nearby Hotels: Several hotels, including popular chains, are just a short distance away from the airport. These options often offer comfortable rooms, complimentary shuttle services, and amenities like fitness centers and on-site dining.
3. Luxury Options:
a. Upscale Hotels: Tampa International Airport boasts high-end hotels that provide top-notch services and superior comfort. With luxurious rooms, fine dining restaurants, spa facilities, and sleek design, these hotels offer a lavish experience for discerning travelers.
b. Executive Lounges: Some airlines and private lounges at Tampa International Airport offer exclusive access to executive lounges. These lounges provide a serene setting, personalized services, gourmet food, and beverages, ensuring a luxurious retreat away from the airport bustle.
It’s worth noting that while Tampa International Airport does not have an extensive range of accommodations like a large city center, it provides ample options for a pleasant stay during layovers or when needing close proximity to the airport. Depending on your preferences and budget, you can select an option that aligns with your needs for a comfortable stay at Tampa International Airport.
1. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: Located just a short drive from the airport, Busch Gardens is a thrilling theme park that offers a mix of exhilarating rides, animal encounters, and entertaining shows. Visitors can hop on roller coasters, view exotic animals, or even take a safari adventure.
2. The Florida Aquarium: Situated in downtown Tampa, the Florida Aquarium showcases a wide variety of marine creatures and ecosystems. Guests can explore interactive exhibits, witness feeding sessions, and even have the opportunity to swim with sharks or dolphins.
3. Clearwater Beach: Recognized as one of the best beaches in the United States, Clearwater Beach offers pristine white sands, crystal-clear waters, and breathtaking sunsets. Visitors can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, water sports, or simply take a stroll along the lively promenade dotted with shops and restaurants.
4. Tampa Riverwalk: Stretching for 2.6 miles along the Hillsborough River, the Tampa Riverwalk is a pedestrian-friendly path that connects various attractions, parks, and neighborhoods. Visitors can enjoy scenic views, waterfront dining, public art installations, or even rent a bike to explore the area.
5. Adventure Island: Adjacent to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Adventure Island is a water park that offers a fantastic escape from the Florida heat. The park features thrilling water slides, lazy rivers, wave pools, and plenty of areas to relax and soak up some sun.
6. Henry B. Plant Museum: Located on the grounds of the University of Tampa, the Henry B. Plant Museum is housed in the impressive former Tampa Bay Hotel. This museum showcases the opulent lifestyle of late 19th-century Florida and offers visitors a glimpse into Tampa’s history through exhibits and period rooms.
7. Tampa Museum of Art: Situated along the Hillsborough River, the Tampa Museum of Art boasts a diverse collection of modern and contemporary art. Visitors can explore both permanent and rotating exhibitions that highlight local artists, sculptures, photography, and various art forms.
8. Lowry Park Zoo: Known as one of the best family-friendly attractions in Tampa, Lowry Park Zoo offers encounters with over 1,300 animals. The zoo features interactive exhibits, educational programs, animal shows, and even a water play area to keep visitors entertained.
9. Ybor City: Just a few miles from the airport, Ybor City is a historic neighborhood known for its vibrant atmosphere and rich cultural heritage. Visitors can explore the streets lined with brick buildings, enjoy shopping, dining, and immerse themselves in the area’s Cuban, Spanish, and Italian influences.
10. The Straz Center for the Performing Arts: Located downtown, The Straz Center is the largest performing arts complex in the Southeastern United States. It hosts a variety of shows, including Broadway musicals, plays, opera, and ballet, offering visitors a chance to experience world-class performances.
History of Tampa International Airport
Tampa International Airport (TPA) is a major airport located in Tampa, Florida. The airport was first opened in 1928 as Drew Field Municipal Airport, serving as a military airfield during World War II. In 1952, the airport was renamed Tampa International Airport and began commercial passenger service.
Over the years, TPA has undergone several expansions and renovations to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1971, the airport opened a new terminal building, which was later expanded in 1991 and 2003. In 2017, TPA completed a $1 billion renovation project, which included a new rental car center, expanded parking facilities, and a new state-of-the-art main terminal.
Today, TPA is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving over 22 million passengers annually. The airport is known for its innovative design, which includes a people mover system that transports passengers between the main terminal and four satellite terminals. TPA has also received numerous awards for its customer service and sustainability efforts, including being named the Best Airport in North America by Travel + Leisure magazine in 2020.
Other Airports in Florida, United States
- Bob Sikes Airport
- Cape Canaveral AFS Skid Strip
- Charlotte County Airport
- Daytona Beach International Airport
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport
- Duke Field
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Gainesville Regional Airport
- Homestead ARB Airport
- Hurlburt Field
- Jacksonville Executive at Craig Airport
- Jacksonville International Airport
- Jacksonville Naval Air Station (Towers Field)
- Key West International Airport
- Kissimmee Gateway Airport
- Lakeland Linder International Airport
- Leesburg International Airport
- Mac Dill Air Force Base
- Melbourne Orlando International Airport
- Miami Executive Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport
- Naples Municipal Airport
- NASA Shuttle Landing Facility Airport
- Naval Air Station Key West/Boca Chica Field
- Naval Air Station Pensacola Forrest Sherman Field
- Naval Station Mayport (Admiral David L. Mcdonald Field)
- Northeast Florida Regional Airport
- Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Orlando Sanford International Airport
- Page Field
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Patrick Air Force Base
- Pensacola International Airport
- Sarasota Bradenton International Airport
- Southwest Florida International Airport
- Space Coast Regional Airport
- St Lucie County International Airport
- St Petersburg Clearwater International Airport
- Tallahassee Regional Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- The Florida Keys Marathon Airport
- Tyndall Air Force Base
- Vero Beach Regional Airport
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station – North
- Whiting Field Naval Air Station South Airport