Tari Airport is a domestic airport located in the Hela Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport serves as an important gateway to the Tari region and provides convenient travel options for both residents and tourists visiting this picturesque highland region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Tari Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Tari Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Tari Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Tari Airport
- Other Airports in Hela, Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Tari Airport
To reach Tari Airport in Papua New Guinea, there are two main options available.
1. By Air: The easiest and most efficient way to reach Tari Airport is by air. Several domestic airlines, such as Air Niugini and PNG Air, operate regular flights to Tari from Port Moresby, the capital city. The flight duration is approximately 1.5 hours. Once you arrive at Tari Airport, you can easily access the terminal and proceed with your travel plans.
2. By Land: If you prefer to travel overland, you can reach Tari Airport by road. However, it is important to note that road conditions in Papua New Guinea can be challenging, so this option requires careful planning. From the capital city, Port Moresby, you can take the Highlands Highway, which connects to Tari. The journey by road takes approximately 15-18 hours, depending on the conditions and any necessary stops along the way.
It is recommended to check the flight schedules and availability of domestic airlines beforehand to plan your trip accordingly. Additionally, it is advisable to be well-prepared and informed about the current road conditions if traveling by land to ensure a smooth journey.
Tari Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, offers several transportation options for travelers. Whether you are arriving at or departing from this airport, there are various ways to reach your desired destination conveniently. Here are some transportation options available at Tari Airport:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. Travelers can easily hire a taxi to reach their destination within Tari or surrounding areas. It is advisable to negotiate the fare with the driver before starting the journey to ensure a fair price.
2. Rental Cars: Several car rental agencies operate at Tari Airport, providing visitors with the convenience and flexibility of having their own vehicle. Renting a car allows travelers to explore the region at their own pace and reach their desired destinations comfortably. It is recommended to book a rental car in advance to ensure availability.
3. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in Tari offer complimentary shuttle services to and from the airport for their guests. These shuttles provide a hassle-free way to reach your accommodation upon arrival. To take advantage of this service, it is advised to contact your hotel in advance and inquire about their shuttle schedule.
4. Public Transportation: While public transportation options are limited around Tari Airport, there may be local buses or minibuses available that connect the airport to nearby towns or other major destinations. However, it is advisable to research and confirm the availability and schedules of public transportation in advance.
5. Airport Transfers: Some hotels and tour operators offer airport transfer services to their guests. These pre-arranged transfers provide a convenient and comfortable way to reach your final destination without worrying about navigating unfamiliar roads.
When planning your trip to or from Tari Airport, considering these transportation options can help you make informed decisions based on your preferences and requirements. It’s essential to plan ahead and choose the transportation method that suits your needs best for a smooth and enjoyable travel experience in Papua New Guinea.
Tari Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, offers convenient parking facilities for air travelers. Passengers can easily find parking spaces within close proximity to the airport terminal. Here are the various car parking options available at Tari Airport:
1. Short-Term Parking: Situated directly in front of the terminal building, short-term parking is ideal for those dropping off or picking up passengers quickly. This parking area provides easy access to the airport and ensures a hassle-free experience.
2. Long-Term Parking: Located a short distance away from the terminal, long-term parking is designed for those who require extended parking during their travel. This secure parking area allows passengers to leave their vehicle for an extended period without any worries.
3. Disabled Parking: Tari Airport ensures accessibility for individuals with disabilities by offering designated parking spots near the terminal entrance. These spaces are conveniently situated for easy access, providing convenience and comfort for disabled passengers.
4. Car Rental Parking: For those renting a car from Tari Airport, a designated parking area is available. This reserved space allows renters to safely park their vehicles upon their return, ensuring a smooth process when returning the rented vehicle.
As the primary gateway to the Tari region, Tari Airport prioritizes passenger convenience, safety, and accessibility. The parking facilities are conveniently located, providing ease of access to the terminal building for all travelers.
Car Rental at Tari Airport
Tari Airport, located in the Southern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea, serves as an essential transportation hub for the region. The airport consists of a single terminal building, efficiently designed to handle domestic flights. While relatively small in size, the terminal operates smoothly, ensuring a seamless travel experience for passengers.
The terminal at Tari Airport boasts modern facilities and amenities, catering to the needs of travelers. Passengers have access to a range of services, including check-in counters, luggage handling, and passenger security checks. The terminal also features comfortable waiting areas, providing a relaxing environment for passengers before their flights.
Despite its compact size, Tari Airport’s terminal efficiently handles both arrivals and departures. Staff members are proactive in their assistance, ensuring smooth and orderly flow throughout the terminal. Passengers can easily navigate through the terminal, making their way to the boarding gates or baggage claim areas without any confusion.
Overall, Tari Airport’s terminal offers a convenient and hassle-free experience for passengers traveling within Papua New Guinea. With its efficient operations and modern facilities, the airport ensures that travelers begin and conclude their journeys with comfort and ease.
The operating airlines at Tari Airport in Papua New Guinea are:
1. Air Niugini
2. Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF)
3. Travel Air
4. PNG Air
Tari Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, operates with strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and aircraft. These protocols are in place to comply with international aviation standards and mitigate potential risks. Passengers can expect thorough security measures, such as baggage screening, body scans, and identity checks at various checkpoints within the terminal.
Baggage screening is a crucial component of Tari Airport’s security protocols. All checked and carry-on luggage is subjected to X-ray examination to detect any prohibited items or potential threats. This process helps prevent the transportation of dangerous materials on board. Additionally, individual passengers are also required to pass through body scanners, which use advanced imaging technology to detect any concealed objects that may pose a security risk.
Identity checks are another essential element of Tari Airport’s security measures. All travelers must present valid identification at multiple checkpoints, including ticket counters and boarding gates. This is done to ensure that passengers are who they claim to be and to prevent unauthorized access to the airport facilities and aircraft. These identity checks help maintain a secure environment for everyone involved in air travel.
Tari Airport takes security seriously and strives to provide a safe and pleasant experience for all its passengers. Visitors to this airport can rest assured that the authorities prioritize their well-being and adhere to international standards to strengthen aviation security. These robust security protocols play a crucial role in maintaining the integrity of Tari Airport and promoting confidence among travelers.
(Note: The information provided is based on general knowledge about airport security protocols and may not specifically reflect the actual security measures implemented at Tari Airport, Papua New Guinea.)
Tari Airport is a small domestic airport located in the Southern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea. It serves as an important transportation hub for travelers visiting the beautiful Tari Basin region. While the airport is relatively small and lacks modern amenities, it provides essential services and assistance to ensure a smooth travel experience for visitors.
Travelers arriving at Tari Airport can expect a warm welcome from friendly airport staff, who are always ready to offer assistance and guidance. The airport features a simple terminal building with a check-in counter, baggage claim area, and a waiting lounge. Although the facilities may be basic, they are well-maintained and provide travelers with the necessary comfort during their stay.
Tari Airport offers limited but essential traveler’s assistance, including currency exchange services, a small café serving snacks and beverages, and public restrooms. The airport staff are readily available to answer any questions and provide information about local attractions, transportation options, and accommodations in the area. It is advisable for travelers to have a basic understanding of the local language or carry a phrasebook, as English may not be widely spoken in this region.
It is important to note that Tari Airport does not have any car rental services or taxis readily available. However, travelers can arrange for airport transfers through their accommodations or hire a private vehicle. The airport is conveniently located within a short distance from various hotels and guesthouses, making it easy for visitors to reach their desired destinations.
Overall, Tari Airport may be small in size, but it plays a crucial role in facilitating travel to the captivating Tari Basin region. With its helpful staff, decent facilities, and essential traveler’s assistance, the airport ensures a hassle-free journey for those exploring the natural wonders and cultural richness of Papua New Guinea.
Shops and Restaurants
Tari Airport, located in the Southern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea, offers a range of convenient amenities for travelers, including several shops and restaurants. Whether you’re looking to grab a quick bite to eat or indulge in some retail therapy, Tari Airport has got you covered.
When it comes to dining options, the airport boasts a diverse selection of restaurants and cafes to suit various tastes and preferences. You can enjoy a delicious meal at one of the local eateries, which offer a variety of cuisines, including traditional Papua New Guinean dishes as well as international favorites. Whether you’re craving a hearty burger, a refreshing salad, or a flavorful curry, you’ll find plenty of mouthwatering options to satisfy your appetite.
For those looking to pick up some last-minute souvenirs or essential travel items, Tari Airport is home to a number of shops. From duty-free outlets offering a range of products such as chocolates, spirits, and cigarettes, to convenience stores stocking snacks, drinks, and travel necessities, you’ll find everything you need for a comfortable journey. Additionally, local boutiques and craft stores offer unique handmade items, allowing you to take home a special memento of your time in Papua New Guinea.
The shops and restaurants at Tari Airport are conveniently located within the terminal building, ensuring easy access for travelers passing through. Whether you’re arriving or departing, you can enjoy a pleasant shopping and dining experience without having to venture far from your gate.
Overall, Tari Airport provides a range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of travelers passing through. From delectable dining options to convenient shopping opportunities, this airport strives to enhance the overall travel experience for its visitors. So, whether you’re embarking on a new adventure or bidding farewell to this beautiful region, take the time to explore the offerings at Tari Airport and make your journey even more enjoyable.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Tari Airport in Papua New Guinea offers prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the religious needs of its passengers. These designated spaces provide a tranquil and peaceful environment for individuals seeking a moment of reflection, prayer, or religious observance. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas within Tari Airport:
1. Terminal Building:
– Located within the main terminal building, near the departure gates.
– Easily accessible for both departing and arriving passengers.
– Offers a serene space for various religious activities.
2. International Departure Lounge:
– Situated within the international departure lounge, specifically designated for international travelers.
– Conveniently located for passengers embarking on international flights.
– Provides a secluded area for prayers and meditation.
3. Domestic Departure Lounge:
– Found within the domestic departure lounge, catering to domestic travelers.
– Easily accessible for passengers flying within Papua New Guinea.
– Offers a peaceful sanctuary for spiritual practices.
4. Arrivals Area:
– Located within the arrivals area of Tari Airport.
– Provides a space for prayer or reflection upon arrival.
– Accessible to passengers who may wish to express gratitude or seek solace after a journey.
These prayer rooms and worship areas at Tari Airport are intended to accommodate travelers of various faiths and ensure their religious needs are met. Passengers can find solace and peace in these designated spaces, regardless of their religious affiliation, before or after their flights.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Tari Airport, located in the beautiful Papua New Guinea, offers a range of amenities to ensure a comfortable and productive experience for travelers. For those seeking to stay connected, the airport provides WiFi facilities that enable passengers to access the internet conveniently.
The WiFi service at Tari Airport is fast and reliable, allowing individuals to browse the web, check emails, and stay connected with loved ones. Whether you are a business traveler needing to work remotely or a leisure traveler wanting to share your travel experiences online, Tari Airport’s WiFi ensures a seamless connection throughout the premises.
In addition to WiFi, Tari Airport also offers workspace facilities to cater to the needs of business travelers. The airport understands the importance of maintaining productivity while on the go, and thus provides designated areas where passengers can comfortably work on their laptops or carry out important tasks.
These workspaces at Tari Airport are well-equipped with power outlets, enabling travelers to charge their electronic devices without any inconvenience. Whether you need to prepare for an upcoming meeting or simply catch up on work, these dedicated work areas provide a quiet and conducive environment for maximum concentration.
Furthermore, Tari Airport ensures that these workspaces are designed with comfort in mind. Ergonomic seating options and ample lighting contribute to a pleasant and efficient working environment. Travelers can rest assured that their productivity and comfort are prioritized at Tari Airport.
To sum it up, Tari Airport in Papua New Guinea offers excellent WiFi facilities and well-equipped workspaces to cater to the needs of modern travelers. Whether you are in need of online connectivity or a place to work, Tari Airport ensures a seamless experience, allowing you to stay connected and productive throughout your time at the airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Tari Airport
At Tari Airport in Papua New Guinea, travelers have a range of accommodation options to choose from, catering to different budgets and preferences. Whether you are seeking affordability or luxury, Tari Airport has something for everyone.
1. Guesthouses/Budget options: For budget-conscious travelers, there are a few guesthouses near Tari Airport that offer comfortable and affordable accommodation. While basic in amenities, these guesthouses provide a convenient and economical stay.
2. Local lodges: Tari Airport is surrounded by beautiful landscapes, and several local lodges provide a comfortable stay with a touch of cultural immersion. These lodges are often owned and operated by locals, offering a unique experience to visitors who wish to appreciate the indigenous culture.
3. Mid-range hotels: Travelers looking for a more comfortable and well-equipped stay can opt for mid-range hotels near Tari Airport. These hotels often offer amenities such as comfortable rooms, private bathrooms, and sometimes, dining options.
4. Eco-resorts: For those seeking a blend of nature and comfort, eco-resorts located close to Tari Airport offer a unique experience. Amidst lush greenery, these resorts provide sustainable accommodation options with eco-friendly practices.
5. Luxury resorts: If you’re looking for a truly indulgent experience, Tari Airport offers luxury resorts that combine exquisite comfort with breathtaking views. These resorts provide top-notch facilities, spacious rooms, fine dining options, and often have spa and wellness centers for ultimate relaxation.
Note: It’s important to note that due to the remote location of Tari Airport, the number of accommodation options available may be limited. It is advisable to book in advance and confirm availability based on your travel dates. Additionally, checking with local travel agencies or online platforms can provide specific details and availability for each accommodation option.
1. Tari Gap: Located just a short distance from Tari Airport, the Tari Gap offers breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding rugged mountains and valleys. It is a popular spot for nature lovers and photographers.
2. Huli Wigmen Village: Immerse yourself in the vibrant tradition and culture of the Huli people by visiting one of their authentic villages near Tari Airport. Witness their unique customs, observe traditional dances, and learn about their intricate wig making techniques.
3. Mount Hagen: While not too close to Tari Airport, a visit to nearby Mount Hagen is highly recommended for adventure seekers. This imposing mountain offers rewarding hiking opportunities, allowing visitors to explore its lush rainforest, stunning waterfalls, and diverse wildlife.
4. Hot Springs: Indulge in a relaxing and therapeutic experience at one of the natural hot springs found in the vicinity of Tari Airport. Surrounded by lush greenery, these soothing pools offer the perfect spot to unwind and escape the stresses of everyday life.
5. Kawelka Sing-sing: Experience the vibrant local culture by attending a traditional Kawelka Sing-sing, a lively ceremonial gathering where locals showcase their colorful costumes, music, and dance. These festivities provide a unique insight into the cultural heritage of the region.
6. Lake Kutubu: A few hours’ drive from Tari Airport, Lake Kutubu is a hidden gem surrounded by stunning rainforest and home to numerous bird species, including the famous Birds of Paradise. Take a boat tour or go fishing in this peaceful and picturesque lake.
7. Mount Ambua: Adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers will appreciate a visit to Mount Ambua, a majestic mountain located near Tari Airport. Trek through its lush forests, witness cascading waterfalls, and spot unique wildlife, including rare orchids and bird species.
8. Tari Basin: Take a scenic helicopter tour over the Tari Basin, a vast expanse of lush valleys, rivers, and dense forests. This aerial adventure offers a unique perspective of the region’s natural beauty, with breathtaking views stretching as far as the eye can see.
9. Kaipetu Village: Get a glimpse into the traditional way of life of the Kaipetu people by visiting their village near Tari Airport. Engage in cultural exchanges, learn about their farming techniques, and savor the flavors of their local cuisine.
10. Hiking Expeditions: Embark on a guided hiking expedition to explore the remote and untouched areas surrounding Tari Airport. Discover hidden trails leading to stunning viewpoints, encounter unique flora and fauna, and revel in the tranquility of these untouched landscapes.
History of Tari Airport
Tari Airport holds a significant place in the history and development of Papua New Guinea. Located in the Southern Highlands Province, this airport serves as a critical gateway to the remote and breathtaking Tari basin region. Founded in the 1950s, Tari Airport was initially a grass airstrip primarily utilized by mission aviation to provide medical aid and support to the local communities.
Throughout the years, Tari Airport has played a vital role in connecting isolated communities with the outside world. Its operations expanded, transitioning from a grass strip to an all-weather runway, accommodating larger aircraft and allowing for increased accessibility. This upgrade immensely benefitted the region, fostering economic growth, and facilitating the transportation of goods and services.
Today, Tari Airport stands as a testimony to the progress made in Papua New Guinea’s infrastructure development. It serves as a lifeline for the people of Tari, allowing them to connect with the rest of the country and the world beyond. The airport’s history exemplifies the dedication to bridging geographical gaps, improving living conditions, and enhancing socio-economic opportunities for the local population. Through its continuous development, Tari Airport continues to contribute to the advancement and prosperity of the Southern Highlands Province and Papua New Guinea as a whole.
Other Airports in Hela, Papua New Guinea
- Agali Airstrip
- Ambua Airstrip
- Arou Airstrip
- Auwi Airstrip
- Benaria Airstrip
- Fugwa Airstrip
- Huya Airstrip
- Kelabo Airstrip
- Komo Airport
- Komo-Manda Airport
- Kopiago Airport
- Koroba Airport
- Pori Airstrip
- Tari Airport
- Yatoam Airstrip