Tasiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. It serves the remote Inuit community of Tasiujaq and provides essential air transportation services for the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Tasiujaq Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Tasiujaq Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Tasiujaq Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Tasiujaq Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Tasiujaq Airport
Tasiujaq Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport is accessible by air and water. The easiest way to get to Tasiujaq Airport is by taking a flight from Montreal or Kuujjuaq. There are daily flights from these cities to Tasiujaq Airport.
If you are traveling by water, you can take a boat from Kuujjuaq to Tasiujaq. The boat ride takes about 4 hours and is only available during the summer months.
Once you arrive at Tasiujaq Airport, you can rent a car or take a taxi to your destination. There are no public transportation options available in Tasiujaq, so it is recommended to arrange for transportation in advance.
It is important to note that Tasiujaq is a remote community and travel to the area can be challenging. It is recommended to plan your trip in advance and check for any weather or travel advisories before departing.
Tasiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, there are a few transportation options available for travelers arriving or departing from the airport. Here are the transportation options available at Tasiujaq Airport:
1. Car rental: There are a few car rental companies located near the airport that offer rental services to travelers. Renting a car is a great option for those who want to explore the area on their own and have the flexibility to travel at their own pace.
2. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can be hired to take you to your destination. However, it is important to note that taxi services in Tasiujaq can be expensive, so it is recommended to negotiate the fare before getting into the taxi.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option for travelers who have booked their accommodation in advance.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation available at Tasiujaq Airport. However, there are a few bus services that operate in the area, which can be used to travel to nearby towns and cities.
Overall, while the transportation options at Tasiujaq Airport may be limited, there are still a few options available for travelers to choose from. Whether you prefer to rent a car, take a taxi, or use a shuttle service, there is a transportation option that will suit your needs.
Tasiujaq Airport Car Parking is conveniently located right near the terminal. There are two lots available, one located directly across from the terminal and a second located just a short walk away. Both lots offer short-term and long-term parking spaces. The short-term spaces are available for up to two hours and the long-term spaces are available for stays of up to one week. All parking spaces are well-lit and monitored by security. Payment for parking can be made in cash or with major credit cards. Tasiujaq Airport Car Parking is an ideal choice for those looking for quick and convenient access to the terminal.
Car Rental at Tasiujaq Airport
- Avis Rent-A-Car: Tasiujaq Airport
- Budget Rent-A-Car: Tasiujaq Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car: Tasiujaq Airport
- Hertz Rent-A-Car: Tasiujaq Airport
- National Car Rental: Tasiujaq Airport
Tasiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport has a single terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is relatively small, but it is well-equipped with all the necessary facilities to ensure a comfortable and convenient travel experience for passengers.
The terminal building at Tasiujaq Airport features a small waiting area with comfortable seating, restrooms, and a small snack bar. The airport also has a small parking lot for passengers who need to park their vehicles while traveling. Additionally, the airport offers a range of services, including baggage handling, wheelchair assistance, and car rental services.
Despite its small size, Tasiujaq Airport is an important transportation hub for the region, connecting passengers to other major cities in Canada and beyond. The airport is served by several major airlines, including Air Canada and First Air, which offer regular flights to destinations such as Montreal, Ottawa, and Kuujjuaq. Overall, Tasiujaq Airport is a convenient and reliable airport that provides essential transportation services to the local community and beyond.
- Pascan Aviation: Offers scheduled and charter flights to Kuujjuaq, La Grande Rivière, Kangirsuk, and Quaqtaq.
- Air Inuit: Provides scheduled and charter flights to Montreal, Kuujjuaq, Kuujjuarapik, and Inukjuak.
- Air Creebec: Provides scheduled and charter flights to Montreal, Chisasibi, and Wemindji.
- Transwest Air: Offers scheduled and charter flights to La Grande Rivière, Kuujjuarapik, and Chibougamau.
Tasiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the main security measures at Tasiujaq Airport is the screening of all passengers and their belongings. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on and checked baggage, as well as a body scan for each passenger. The airport also has a strict policy on prohibited items, and any items that are deemed a threat to security are confiscated.
In addition to passenger screening, Tasiujaq Airport also has a secure perimeter fence and 24-hour surveillance cameras to monitor the airport grounds. All airport staff are required to undergo background checks and security training, and there are regular security drills to ensure that everyone is prepared in case of an emergency.
Overall, Tasiujaq Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. While these measures may add some extra time to the check-in process, they are necessary to ensure that everyone can travel with peace of mind.
Tasiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers.
One of the key services offered at Tasiujaq Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has trained staff who are available to assist passengers with mobility issues, from check-in to boarding and disembarking. The airport also has wheelchair-accessible facilities, including restrooms and seating areas.
Another important service provided at Tasiujaq Airport is language assistance. The airport staff is fluent in both English and French, the official languages of Canada. This ensures that all passengers can communicate effectively with airport personnel and receive the assistance they need.
In addition to these services, Tasiujaq Airport also provides assistance to passengers with special needs, such as those with hearing or visual impairments. The airport has specialized equipment and trained staff to assist these passengers throughout their journey.
Overall, Tasiujaq Airport is committed to providing excellent traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers. Whether you require wheelchair assistance, language assistance, or special needs assistance, the airport staff is dedicated to meeting your needs and ensuring your comfort and safety.
Shops and Restaurants
Tasiujaq Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
-Tasiujaq Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of souvenirs, books, and local crafts.
-Tasiujaq Duty Free: Located in the main terminal, this shop offers a variety of duty-free items, including alcohol, tobacco, and cosmetics.
-Tasiujaq Café: Located in the main terminal, this café offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, as well as light snacks.
-Tasiujaq Bistro: Located in the main terminal, this bistro offers a variety of hot and cold meals, as well as a selection of local and international beers.
-Tasiujaq Bar: Located in the main terminal, this bar offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, as well as light snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Tasiujaq Airport offers two prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of all faiths.
The first prayer room and worship area is located on the second level of the terminal in the pre-security area. This room is open 24/7 and can accommodate up to 10 people at a time. It is equipped with chairs and benches, as well as a small library of religious texts.
The second prayer room and worship area is located on the third level of the terminal in the post-security area. This room is also open 24/7 and can accommodate up to 10 people at a time. It is equipped with chairs and benches, as well as a small library of religious texts.
Both prayer rooms and worship areas are available to travelers of all faiths and offer an opportunity for quiet reflection and prayer.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Tasiujaq Airport, located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada, offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. Here are the details of the airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities:
Tasiujaq Airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. The WiFi network is available throughout the airport terminal building, allowing you to stay connected with your loved ones or work colleagues while waiting for your flight.
For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, Tasiujaq Airport offers a comfortable and quiet workspace area. The workspace area is equipped with tables and chairs, power outlets, and good lighting, making it an ideal place to work on your laptop or read a book.
In addition, the airport also provides charging stations for electronic devices, so you can keep your phone, tablet, or laptop charged and ready to use. The charging stations are located throughout the airport terminal building, making it easy to find a spot to charge your device.
Overall, Tasiujaq Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities, ensuring that you can stay connected and productive while waiting for your flight.
- Air Inuit Lounge: Located in Tasiujaq Airport, this lounge offers a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere, with comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and free Wi-Fi.
- Pursuit Lounge: Located in the main terminal of Tasiujaq Airport, this lounge offers a modern and comfortable environment, with a variety of complimentary snacks and beverages, plus free Wi-Fi.
- My Lounge: Located in the international terminal of Tasiujaq Airport, this lounge offers an elegant and luxurious atmosphere, with complimentary snacks and beverages, plus free Wi-Fi.
- Exclusive Lounges: Located in the international terminal of Tasiujaq Airport, these exclusive lounges offer an even more luxurious atmosphere, with a variety of complimentary snacks and beverages, plus free Wi-Fi.
Accomodation Options Nearby Tasiujaq Airport
1. Hotel Tasiujaq: Located just a short drive from the airport, Hotel Tasiujaq offers comfortable and affordable accommodation with a variety of room types to suit all needs.
2. Auberge Umiujaq: This cozy inn is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a range of rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar.
3. Inns North: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a range of rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar.
4. Inuit Guesthouse: This guesthouse is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a range of rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar.
5. Inuit Hostel: This hostel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a range of rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar.
Tasiujaq Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada, and is surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty. Here are some of the attractions near Tasiujaq Airport that you can explore:
1. Pingualuit National Park: This park is home to a massive meteorite crater that is over 1.4 million years old. The crystal-clear lake in the center of the crater is a popular spot for swimming and kayaking.
2. Kuururjuaq National Park: This park is known for its rugged mountains, glaciers, and pristine rivers. It’s a great place for hiking, camping, and wildlife watching.
3. Tursujuq National Park: This park is located on the eastern shore of Hudson Bay and is home to a variety of wildlife, including polar bears, caribou, and arctic foxes. Visitors can explore the park’s vast wilderness by hiking, canoeing, or kayaking.
4. Inuit Art Gallery: This gallery showcases the work of local Inuit artists, including sculptures, prints, and jewelry. It’s a great place to learn about Inuit culture and history.
5. Tasiujaq River: The Tasiujaq River is a popular spot for fishing and kayaking. Visitors can also take guided tours to learn about the local flora and fauna.
6. Northern Lights: Tasiujaq is located in the heart of the Northern Lights zone, making it a great place to see this natural phenomenon. Visitors can take guided tours or simply step outside on a clear night to see the colorful lights dancing across the sky.
Overall, Tasiujaq Airport is surrounded by some of the most beautiful and unique attractions in Canada. Whether you’re interested in nature, culture, or adventure, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
History of Tasiujaq Airport
Tasiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport was built in the 1970s to serve the remote Inuit community of Tasiujaq. The airport was initially constructed as a gravel runway, but it was later upgraded to an asphalt runway in the 1990s.
The airport has played a crucial role in connecting the Tasiujaq community to the rest of Quebec and Canada. Before the airport was built, the only way to access the community was by boat or snowmobile during the winter months. The airport has made it easier for residents to travel to other parts of the province for medical appointments, education, and other essential services.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 2010, a new terminal building was constructed, which includes a waiting area, baggage handling facilities, and a small café. The airport also has a small parking lot and a helicopter pad for emergency medical evacuations.
Today, Tasiujaq Airport continues to serve the community of Tasiujaq and the surrounding areas. The airport is an essential lifeline for the community, providing access to essential services and connecting residents to the rest of the world.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport