The Pas Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of The Pas, Manitoba, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the northern region of the province, providing essential air transportation services to remote communities and industries. The airport is operated by the Manitoba government and offers scheduled flights to Winnipeg and other destinations.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to The Pas Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at The Pas Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby The Pas Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of The Pas Airport
- Other Airports in Manitoba, Canada
How to Get to The Pas Airport
The Pas Airport is located in Manitoba, Canada and is accessible by car or taxi. If you are driving, take Highway 10 north from Winnipeg and turn left onto Highway 60. Follow Highway 60 until you reach the airport, which will be on your right-hand side. The drive takes approximately 6 hours from Winnipeg.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in The Pas that offer airport transportation services. You can book a taxi in advance or hail one on the street. The ride from downtown The Pas to the airport takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
If you are coming from out of town, there are several airlines that offer flights to The Pas Airport, including Calm Air, Perimeter Aviation, and Bearskin Airlines. You can book your flight online or through a travel agent. Once you arrive at the airport, there are car rental companies available if you need to rent a vehicle for your stay.
The Pas Airport, located in Manitoba, Canada, offers several transportation options for travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. They offer a convenient and comfortable way to get to your destination. The fare depends on the distance traveled and the time of day.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport. Renting a car gives you the freedom to explore the area at your own pace. It is advisable to book in advance to ensure availability.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts offer shuttle services to and from the airport. This is a convenient option if you are staying at one of these properties.
4. Public transportation: The Pas Transit provides bus service to various locations in the city. The bus stop is located outside the airport terminal.
5. Private car service: Private car services are available for those who prefer a more luxurious and personalized experience. These services can be booked in advance and offer door-to-door service.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it is important to plan ahead and make arrangements in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
The Pas Airport offers two car parking options for travelers: short-term parking and long-term parking.
Short-term parking is located directly in front of the airport terminal building, making it a convenient option for those who need to park for a few hours or less. The rates for short-term parking are affordable and are charged on an hourly basis.
Long-term parking is located a short distance away from the airport terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are also affordable and are charged on a daily basis.
Both short-term and long-term parking options at The Pas Airport are safe and secure, with 24-hour surveillance and regular patrols by airport security personnel. Travelers can rest assured that their vehicles will be well-protected while they are away.
Overall, The Pas Airport offers convenient and affordable car parking options for travelers, making it easy to get to and from the airport without any hassle.
Car Rental at The Pas Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
The Pas Airport is a small regional airport located in The Pas, Manitoba, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as washrooms, seating areas, and a small café. The international terminal is slightly larger and offers additional services such as duty-free shopping, a restaurant, and a lounge area.
Both terminals are equipped with modern facilities and are designed to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The airport offers a range of services including baggage handling, car rental, and parking facilities. The airport also has a small runway that can accommodate small to medium-sized aircraft.
The Pas Airport is an important transportation hub for the region, connecting The Pas to other major cities in Canada and the United States. The airport is serviced by several airlines including Calm Air, which operates regular flights to Winnipeg and other destinations in Manitoba. Overall, The Pas Airport terminals provide a convenient and efficient travel experience for passengers traveling to and from The Pas.
- Air Canada
- Skyservice Airlines
- Perimeter Aviation
- Air Creebec
- Pascan Aviation
- Kivalliq Air
The Pas Airport is a small regional airport located in Manitoba, Canada. Despite its size, the airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the main security measures at The Pas Airport is the screening process. All passengers and their carry-on luggage are screened before boarding their flight. This includes passing through a metal detector and having their bags scanned by an X-ray machine. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, are confiscated.
In addition to screening, The Pas Airport also has security personnel on site to monitor the airport and respond to any potential threats. The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that any security incidents are handled quickly and efficiently.
Overall, The Pas Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By implementing strict screening procedures and working closely with law enforcement, the airport is able to minimize the risk of security incidents and ensure that everyone who passes through its doors can do so with confidence.
The Pas Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides aid and support to travelers who require assistance while traveling through The Pas Airport. The service is designed to cater to the needs of travelers with disabilities, elderly passengers, and families traveling with young children. The service is available to all travelers who require assistance, regardless of their airline or destination.
The Pas Airport Traveler’s Assistance provides a range of services, including wheelchair assistance, baggage handling, and escort services. The service is staffed by trained professionals who are knowledgeable about the airport and its facilities. They are also trained to provide assistance to travelers with specific needs, such as those with mobility issues or hearing impairments.
The service is available 24/7 and can be accessed by contacting the airport’s customer service desk. Travelers are encouraged to contact the service in advance of their travel date to ensure that their needs are met. The Pas Airport Traveler’s Assistance is committed to providing a safe and comfortable travel experience for all travelers, and their services are an essential part of ensuring that all passengers can travel with ease and confidence.
Shops and Restaurants
The Pas Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
– The Pas Airport Gift Shop: Offers a selection of souvenirs, books, snacks, and more.
– The Pas Airport Newsstand: Offers a selection of magazines, newspapers, and other reading materials.
– The Pas Airport Duty Free: Offers a selection of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
– The Pas Airport Café: Offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and beverages.
– The Pas Airport Bar: Offers a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
– The Pas Airport Deli: Offers a selection of freshly made sandwiches, salads, and other light meals.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
The Pas Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers. These areas are located in the following places:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – This room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for all passengers regardless of their faith.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers who wish to pray or attend services.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for Muslim passengers who wish to pray.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for Jewish passengers who wish to pray.
5. Meditation Room – The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. It is open 24 hours a day and is available for passengers who wish to meditate or practice yoga.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are clean, quiet, and well-maintained. They provide a peaceful and comfortable space for passengers to pray, meditate, or worship according to their beliefs. The Pas Airport is committed to providing excellent service to all its passengers, and these prayer rooms and worship areas are just one example of that commitment.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
The Pas Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. This service is available throughout the airport terminal, allowing you to stay connected and productive while waiting for your flight.
In addition to WiFi, The Pas Airport also provides workspace facilities for those who need to get work done on the go. These facilities include comfortable seating, power outlets, and work tables, making it easy to stay productive while waiting for your flight.
Whether you need to catch up on emails, finish a project, or simply browse the internet, The Pas Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities have got you covered. So next time you’re flying through The Pas, be sure to take advantage of these convenient amenities.
- The Club at YQD – Located in the terminal building at The Pas Airport
- The Northern Lights Lounge – Located in the arrivals area of The Pas Airport
- Northern Gateway Lounge – Located in the departures area of The Pas Airport
- The Sky Lounge – Located in the departures area of The Pas Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby The Pas Airport
The Pas Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit any traveler’s needs.
1. The Pas Inn: Located just a short drive from the airport, The Pas Inn offers comfortable and affordable rooms with free Wi-Fi and cable TV.
2. Super 8 The Pas: Super 8 The Pas is a great option for travelers looking for a convenient and comfortable stay. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center.
3. Comfort Inn The Pas: Comfort Inn The Pas is a great choice for travelers looking for a comfortable and affordable stay. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and an indoor pool.
4. Best Western Plus The Pas: Best Western Plus The Pas is a great option for travelers looking for a luxurious stay. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center.
5. Days Inn The Pas: Days Inn The Pas is a great choice for travelers looking for a convenient and comfortable stay. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and an indoor pool.
6. Econo Lodge The Pas: Econo Lodge The Pas is a great option for travelers looking for a comfortable and affordable stay. The hotel offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center.
1. Clearwater Lake Provincial Park: Located just 30 minutes from The Pas Airport, Clearwater Lake Provincial Park is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The park offers hiking trails, fishing, boating, and camping opportunities.
2. Sam Waller Museum: The Sam Waller Museum is a must-visit attraction for history buffs. The museum showcases the history of The Pas and the surrounding area, with exhibits on fur trading, mining, and the indigenous peoples of the region.
3. Northern Manitoba Trappers’ Festival: The Northern Manitoba Trappers’ Festival is an annual event that takes place in The Pas. The festival celebrates the region’s fur trapping heritage with events like dog sled races, snowmobile races, and a fur fashion show.
4. Opaskwayak Cree Nation Pow Wow: The Opaskwayak Cree Nation Pow Wow is another annual event that takes place in The Pas. The pow wow features traditional dancing, drumming, and singing, as well as food and craft vendors.
5. Rocky Lake Eastman Park: Rocky Lake Eastman Park is a beautiful natural area located just 15 minutes from The Pas Airport. The park offers hiking trails, fishing, and camping opportunities, as well as a beach for swimming and sunbathing.
6. The Pas Golf and Country Club: The Pas Golf and Country Club is a popular destination for golfers. The 18-hole course offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape, as well as a clubhouse and restaurant.
7. The Pas Regional Library: The Pas Regional Library is a great place to visit for book lovers. The library offers a wide selection of books, as well as programs and events for all ages.
8. The Pas Farmers’ Market: The Pas Farmers’ Market is a great place to pick up fresh produce, baked goods, and crafts. The market is open on Saturdays from May to October.
History of The Pas Airport
The Pas Airport, also known as The Pas/Grace Lake Airport, is a small regional airport located in the town of The Pas, Manitoba, Canada. The airport was established in the early 1940s as a military airfield during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and was used primarily for commercial and private aviation.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 1962, a new terminal building was constructed, which included a restaurant, lounge, and gift shop. In 1985, the runway was extended to accommodate larger aircraft, and in 2009, a new air traffic control tower was built.
Today, The Pas Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, providing air services to remote communities and connecting The Pas to major cities across Canada. The airport is operated by the Northern Manitoba Aviation Association and is home to several aviation companies, including air charter services, flight schools, and aircraft maintenance facilities. The Pas Airport continues to play a vital role in the economic and social development of the region, providing essential air services to local communities and businesses.
Other Airports in Manitoba, Canada
- Berens River Airport
- Brandon Municipal Airport
- Brochet Airport
- Churchill Airport
- Cross Lake (Charlie Sinclair Memorial) Airport
- Dauphin Barker Airport
- Flin Flon Airport
- Gillam Airport
- Gimli Industrial Park Airport
- Gods Lake Narrows Airport
- Gods River Airport
- Ilford Airport
- Island Lake Airport
- Jenpeg Airport
- Kelsey Airport
- Lac Brochet Airport
- Lac Du Bonnet Airport
- Leaf Rapids Airport
- Little Grand Rapids Airport
- Lynn Lake Airport
- Nejanilini Lake Airport
- Norway House Airport
- Oxford House Airport
- Pikwitonei Airport
- Poplar River Airport
- Portage-la-Prairie / Southport Airport
- Pukatawagan Airport
- Red Sucker Lake Airport
- Shamattawa Airport
- South Indian Lake Airport
- St. Theresa Point Airport
- Swan River Airport
- Tadoule Lake Airport
- The Pas Airport
- Thicket Portage Airport
- Thompson Airport
- Virden / RJ (Bob) Andrew Field Regional Aerodrome
- Winnipeg / James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Winnipeg / St. Andrews Airport
- York Landing Airport