Theodore Francis Green State Airport is a public airport located in Warwick, Rhode Island. It is the largest airport in the state and serves as a hub for several major airlines.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Theodore Francis Green State Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Theodore Francis Green State Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Theodore Francis Green State Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Theodore Francis Green State Airport
- Other Airports in Rhode Island, United States
How to Get to Theodore Francis Green State Airport
Theodore Francis Green State Airport is located in Warwick, Rhode Island, and is easily accessible by car, taxi, or public transportation. If you are driving, the airport is conveniently located just off of I-95, with ample parking available in the airport’s parking garage or in nearby lots. If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that service the airport, with fares ranging from $20-$30 depending on your location.
For those who prefer public transportation, the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) offers several bus routes that stop at the airport, including the 8, 14, and 20 lines. Fares for RIPTA buses are $2 per ride, with discounts available for seniors and people with disabilities. Additionally, Amtrak offers a shuttle service from the Providence train station to the airport, with fares starting at $10 per person.
Overall, getting to Theodore Francis Green State Airport is easy and convenient, with several transportation options available to suit your needs and budget. Whether you are driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation, you can rest assured that you will arrive at the airport on time and ready to travel.
Theodore Francis Green State Airport, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, offers several transportation options for travelers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxis: Taxis are available at the airport 24/7. The taxi stand is located outside of the baggage claim area. The fare to downtown Providence is approximately $35.
2. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are both available at the airport. The pick-up location is outside of the baggage claim area.
3. Rental Cars: Several rental car companies have counters located in the airport terminal, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National.
4. Public Transportation: The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) offers bus service from the airport to downtown Providence and other locations throughout the state. The bus stop is located outside of the terminal building.
5. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in the area offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Theodore Francis Green State Airport is easy and convenient.
Theodore Francis Green State Airport offers several parking options for travelers.
1. Garage Parking: Located adjacent to the terminal, the garage parking is the most convenient option for travelers. It offers covered parking and is open 24/7. The rates for garage parking are $3 for the first hour, $6 for up to 2 hours, and $28 for a full day.
2. Lot D: Located just a short walk from the terminal, Lot D offers uncovered parking at a lower rate than the garage. The rates for Lot D are $3 for the first hour, $6 for up to 2 hours, and $18 for a full day.
3. Lot E: Located further from the terminal, Lot E offers uncovered parking at the lowest rate. The rates for Lot E are $3 for the first hour, $6 for up to 2 hours, and $12 for a full day.
4. Valet Parking: For those who want the ultimate convenience, valet parking is available at the terminal entrance. The rates for valet parking are $10 for the first hour, $20 for up to 2 hours, and $38 for a full day.
All parking options at Theodore Francis Green State Airport are safe and secure, with 24/7 surveillance and regular patrols. Travelers can choose the option that best suits their needs and budget.
Car Rental at Theodore Francis Green State Airport
Theodore Francis Green State Airport, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, has two terminals: Terminal A and Terminal B. Terminal A is the main terminal and is used by most airlines, while Terminal B is used by a few smaller airlines. Both terminals offer a variety of amenities and services to make traveling as comfortable and convenient as possible.
Terminal A has a variety of shops and restaurants, including a Dunkin’ Donuts, a Starbucks, and a Hudson News. There are also several ATMs and currency exchange services available. The terminal has free Wi-Fi throughout, as well as charging stations for electronic devices. For those traveling with children, there is a play area located near Gate 7.
Terminal B is smaller than Terminal A, but still offers a variety of amenities. There is a Dunkin’ Donuts and a Hudson News, as well as free Wi-Fi and charging stations. The terminal also has a pet relief area for those traveling with pets.
Both terminals offer a variety of parking options, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as valet parking. There are also several car rental companies located at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise.
Overall, Theodore Francis Green State Airport’s terminals offer a variety of amenities and services to make traveling as comfortable and convenient as possible. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, the airport’s terminals have everything you need to make your trip a success.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. Frontier Airlines
4. JetBlue Airways
5. Southwest Airlines
6. United Airlines
Theodore Francis Green State Airport, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport follows the guidelines set by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for enforcing these protocols.
All passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This includes passing through a metal detector and having their carry-on luggage scanned. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 3.4 ounces, will be confiscated. Passengers may also be subject to a pat-down search if the metal detector alarm is triggered or if there is suspicion of prohibited items.
In addition to the TSA protocols, Theodore Francis Green State Airport has implemented additional security measures, such as surveillance cameras and random bag checks. The airport also has a K-9 unit that is trained to detect explosives and other dangerous materials. These measures help to ensure that the airport remains a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff.
Theodore Francis Green State Airport, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport provides wheelchair assistance for passengers with mobility issues, as well as special assistance for those with hearing or visual impairments. Additionally, the airport has a dedicated TSA PreCheck lane to expedite security screening for eligible passengers.
For travelers with young children, the airport offers family restrooms and nursing rooms for added convenience. There are also pet relief areas available for passengers traveling with their furry companions. The airport also provides a variety of dining and shopping options, including restaurants, cafes, and retail stores.
Passengers can take advantage of the airport’s free Wi-Fi and charging stations to stay connected and charged up while waiting for their flights. The airport also offers a variety of parking options, including short-term, long-term, and valet parking. Overall, Theodore Francis Green State Airport strives to provide a comfortable and convenient travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Theodore Francis Green State Airport, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
1. Dunkin’ Donuts – This popular coffee chain offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as breakfast sandwiches and baked goods.
2. Hudson News – This newsstand offers a wide selection of magazines, newspapers, books, and snacks for travelers to peruse.
3. CNBC News – This newsstand offers a variety of magazines, newspapers, and snacks for travelers to enjoy.
4. Providence Oyster Bar – This seafood restaurant offers a variety of fresh seafood dishes, as well as a full bar.
5. Sbarro – This Italian restaurant offers a variety of pizza, pasta, and salad options for travelers to enjoy.
6. Starbucks – This popular coffee chain offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as breakfast sandwiches and baked goods.
7. T.F. Green Market – This convenience store offers a variety of snacks, drinks, and travel essentials for travelers to purchase.
8. Wolfgang Puck Express – This restaurant offers a variety of gourmet sandwiches, salads, and pizzas for travelers to enjoy.
Overall, Theodore Francis Green State Airport offers a variety of options for travelers to shop and dine before their flights.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Theodore Francis Green State Airport, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for travelers of various faiths. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to practice their religious beliefs.
The airport has a chapel located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. The chapel is open 24 hours a day and is available for individuals of all faiths. It features a quiet space for prayer and meditation, as well as religious literature and resources.
In addition to the chapel, the airport also offers a Muslim prayer room located near the baggage claim area. This room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator, and is available for use by Muslim travelers.
For Jewish travelers, the airport has a synagogue located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. The synagogue features a Torah scroll, prayer books, and other religious resources.
Overall, Theodore Francis Green State Airport is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for travelers of all faiths. The airport’s prayer rooms and worship areas are designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its passengers, and are a testament to the airport’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Theodore Francis Green State Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, or work-related tasks.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several workspace options. The terminal building has a number of seating areas with power outlets, allowing passengers to charge their devices and work comfortably. Additionally, there are several business lounges available for passengers who require a more private and quiet workspace. These lounges offer comfortable seating, workstations, and complimentary refreshments.
Meeting Rooms: For business travelers who need to hold meetings or conferences, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment, high-speed internet, and comfortable seating, making them ideal for business meetings or presentations.
Overall, Theodore Francis Green State Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work, study, or simply stay connected to the internet, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable.
The Theodore Francis Green State Airport (PVD) offers several lounges for travelers to relax, socialize, and enjoy a meal or drink. Here are the lounges located at the airport:
- United Club: Located on the mezzanine level of the main terminal
- American Express Centurion Lounge: Located on the mezzanine level of the main terminal
- Delta Sky Club: Located on the mezzanine level of the main terminal
- The Club at PVD: Located in the B Terminal
Accomodation Options Nearby Theodore Francis Green State Airport
1. On-site Hotel: The Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport/Warwick is conveniently located within walking distance of the terminal building. It offers comfortable rooms and a range of amenities, including a restaurant and a fitness center.
2. Nearby Hotels: Within a short drive from the airport, you’ll find several affordable hotel options, such as the Fairfield Inn & Suites Providence Airport Warwick, the Comfort Inn Airport Warwick, and the Best Western Airport Inn Warwick. These hotels provide comfortable rooms at competitive rates, perfect for budget-conscious travelers.
3. Extended Stay Hotels: If you’re planning an extended stay near Theodore Francis Green State Airport, consider accommodation options like Homewood Suites by Hilton Providence-Warwick and Residence Inn Providence Warwick. These hotels offer spacious suites with full kitchens, ideal for those who desire additional space and amenities for their temporary home-away-from-home.
4. Bed and Breakfasts: Experience the charm of a more intimate accommodation by choosing a nearby bed and breakfast. Places like the Edgewood Manor Inn Bed and Breakfast or the Christopher Dodge House Bed & Breakfast offer cozy rooms, personalized service, and a delicious homemade breakfast to start your day.
5. Vacation Rentals: For those who prefer a more independent accommodation experience or traveling in larger groups, vacation rentals in the Warwick area are worth considering. Websites like Airbnb and Vrbo list a wide range of private houses, apartments, and condos that can provide more space, privacy, and often additional amenities such as fully equipped kitchens and laundry facilities.
6. Luxury Hotels: Should you be seeking upscale accommodation options, Providence boasts a handful of luxury hotels that are easily accessible from the airport. The Omni Providence Hotel, for example, offers elegant rooms, on-site fine dining restaurants, and a rooftop pool with panoramic city views. Alternatively, The Dean Hotel provides a boutique experience with stylishly designed rooms and a trendy cocktail lounge.
Regardless of your budget or preference, there are accommodation choices available to suit all needs near Theodore Francis Green State Airport. Whether opting for convenience, affordability, or luxury, you can find a place that accommodates your travel requirements within close proximity to the airport.
1. Roger Williams Park Zoo: Just a short drive from Theodore Francis Green State Airport, the Roger Williams Park Zoo is a must-visit attraction for animal lovers. Home to over 100 species from around the world, this beautiful zoo offers educational exhibits, family-friendly activities, and stunning botanical gardens to explore.
2. Providence Performing Arts Center: Located in the heart of downtown Providence, the Providence Performing Arts Center is a cultural hub where you can catch Broadway shows, concerts, ballet performances, and more. With its grand architecture and a packed schedule of events, this venue offers a memorable night out for theater enthusiasts.
3. Rhode Island School of Design Museum: Art aficionados should not miss the Rhode Island School of Design Museum, which boasts an impressive collection of artworks spanning from ancient times to contemporary pieces. With over 100,000 objects, including paintings, sculptures, textiles, and decorative arts, this museum offers a wealth of visual delights.
4. WaterFire Providence: A unique spectacle that combines installation art, music, and fire, WaterFire Providence is a mesmerizing experience. Don’t miss the chance to witness the installation of over 80 bonfires on the city’s rivers, creating a captivating ambiance and reflecting the local community’s spirit.
5. Providence Children’s Museum: Perfect for families traveling with kids, the Providence Children’s Museum offers a variety of interactive and hands-on exhibits, designed to spark imagination and learning. From playing with water exhibits to exploring a recording studio, children of all ages will be engaged and entertained here.
6. Rhode Island State House: A symbol of democracy and a historic landmark, the Rhode Island State House is an architectural marvel worth visiting. Take a guided tour to explore its impressive interiors adorned with marble, paintings, and sculptures, and learn about the state’s rich history.
7. The RISD Nature Lab: Located within the Rhode Island School of Design, the RISD Nature Lab is a hidden gem for those fascinated by the natural world. This interdisciplinary studio offers an extensive collection of biological specimens, models, and artifacts, allowing visitors to delve into the wonders of nature through hands-on exploration.
8. The Arcade Providence: Take a stroll through history at the Arcade Providence, which claims the title of America’s oldest indoor shopping mall. This architectural gem features a stunning glass roof, unique shops, boutiques, and cafes, offering a charming and quaint atmosphere for indulging in retail therapy.
9. Prospect Terrace Park: For a breathtaking panoramic view of the city skyline and the Providence River, head to Prospect Terrace Park. This serene and beautifully landscaped park honors the city’s founder, Roger Williams, and provides a peaceful retreat to enjoy a picnic or watch the sunset.
10. Newport Mansions: While not located directly near the airport, a short drive from Providence will take you to Newport, famous for its opulent mansions. Open to the public, properties like The Breakers, Marble House, and Rosecliff offer a glimpse into the extravagant lifestyle of America’s Gilded Age, showcasing stunning architecture and lavish interior designs.
History of Theodore Francis Green State Airport
Theodore Francis Green State Airport, located in Warwick, Rhode Island, has a rich history dating back to the early 20th century. Originally known as Hillsgrove State Airport, it was established in 1931 as a small airfield with a single runway. The airport was named after Theodore Francis Green, a former governor of Rhode Island and United States Senator, in 1938.
During World War II, the airport played a crucial role in the war effort by serving as a training base for military pilots. After the war, the airport underwent significant expansion and modernization, including the addition of a new terminal building and longer runways to accommodate larger aircraft.
In the 1960s and 1970s, the airport continued to grow and attract commercial airlines, with several major carriers establishing routes to and from the airport. Today, Theodore Francis Green State Airport is a bustling hub for both commercial and general aviation, serving over 3 million passengers annually. The airport continues to undergo improvements and upgrades to meet the needs of modern air travel, while also preserving its rich history and legacy.
Other Airports in Rhode Island, United States