Tocumen International Airport is the main airport in Panama and one of the busiest in Central America. It serves as a hub for Copa Airlines and connects passengers to destinations across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. The airport features modern facilities and amenities, making it a comfortable and convenient travel hub for visitors to Panama.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Tocumen International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Tocumen International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Tocumen International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Tocumen International Airport
- Other Airports in Panama Province, Panama
How to Get to Tocumen International Airport
Tocumen International Airport is the main airport in Panama City, Panama. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or private car.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to use an official taxi service, such as Taxis Unidos or Taxi Panama. These taxis can be found at designated taxi stands throughout the city and are generally safe and reliable. The cost of a taxi ride to the airport will depend on your location and the time of day, but it typically ranges from $20 to $30 USD.
Another option is to take a bus. The Metrobus Tocumen line runs from the city center to the airport and costs only $0.25 USD. The bus is a great option for budget travelers, but keep in mind that it can be crowded and may not be the most comfortable option.
If you prefer to drive yourself, there are several parking options at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking. The airport is located about 24 kilometers from the city center, and the drive takes approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic. It is recommended to use a GPS or map to navigate to the airport, as the roads can be confusing for first-time visitors.
Tocumen International Airport is the main airport in Panama City, Panama. It is located approximately 24 kilometers from the city center and serves as a hub for several airlines. If you are traveling to or from Tocumen International Airport, there are several transportation options available to you.
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fare is metered and should cost around $30 to $35 to get to the city center.
2. Shuttle: There are several shuttle services available at the airport that can take you to your hotel or other destination. These services are usually cheaper than taxis and can be booked in advance.
3. Car rental: If you prefer to have your own transportation, there are several car rental companies located at the airport. You can book a car in advance or at the airport.
4. Public transportation: There are several public transportation options available at the airport, including buses and the metro. The metro is a fast and affordable way to get to the city center.
5. Private transfer: If you prefer a more luxurious option, you can book a private transfer service. These services offer a comfortable and convenient way to get to your destination.
No matter which transportation option you choose, make sure to research and book in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free journey.
Tocumen International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Multi-Storey Car Park: This is a covered parking area located just a few steps away from the terminal building. It has a capacity of 1,200 vehicles and is ideal for short-term parking.
2. Long-Term Car Park: This is an open-air parking area located a little further away from the terminal building. It has a capacity of 1,500 vehicles and is ideal for long-term parking.
3. VIP Parking: This is a covered parking area located right next to the terminal building. It is reserved for VIPs and has a capacity of 50 vehicles.
4. Express Parking: This is a covered parking area located just a few steps away from the terminal building. It is ideal for those who need to park for a short period of time and has a capacity of 200 vehicles.
5. Motorcycle Parking: This is an open-air parking area located near the terminal building. It is reserved for motorcycles and has a capacity of 50 vehicles.
All parking areas at Tocumen International Airport are secure and monitored 24/7 by security personnel and CCTV cameras. The airport also offers shuttle services to and from the parking areas to the terminal building.
Car Rental at Tocumen International Airport
Tocumen International Airport is the main airport in Panama and serves as a hub for Copa Airlines. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a pedestrian bridge.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and primarily serves domestic and regional flights. It has 12 gates and offers a variety of services and amenities, including restaurants, shops, and currency exchange. The terminal also has a VIP lounge for passengers who want to relax before their flight.
Terminal 2 is the newer and larger terminal, which opened in 2019. It has 54 gates and serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and spacious, with plenty of natural light and a variety of shops and restaurants. It also has a VIP lounge and a duty-free shopping area.
Both terminals offer free Wi-Fi and have plenty of seating areas for passengers to relax before their flight. The airport also has a variety of transportation options, including taxis, buses, and rental cars, making it easy for passengers to get to and from the airport. Overall, Tocumen International Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers.
2. Air Canada
3. Air Europa
4. Air France
5. American Airlines
7. Copa Airlines
8. Delta Air Lines
10. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
12. Spirit Airlines
13. Turkish Airlines
14. United Airlines
15. Wingo Airlines
Tocumen International Airport is the main airport in Panama and serves as a hub for several airlines. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers are required to go through a security screening process before boarding their flight. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on luggage scanned. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 3.4 ounces, are confiscated.
In addition to the standard security measures, Tocumen International Airport has also implemented advanced technology to enhance security. This includes full-body scanners that can detect hidden objects and explosives. The airport also has a canine unit that is trained to detect drugs and explosives.
Tocumen International Airport works closely with local law enforcement and international security agencies to ensure the highest level of security. The airport has a dedicated security team that monitors all areas of the airport, including the terminal, runways, and parking lots.
Overall, Tocumen International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a comprehensive security program to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff.
Tocumen International Airport, located in Panama City, offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport provides a dedicated team of customer service representatives who are available 24/7 to assist passengers with any queries or concerns they may have. These representatives are fluent in multiple languages, including English and Spanish, to cater to the needs of international travelers.
In addition to customer service representatives, Tocumen International Airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services. These include baggage wrapping, baggage storage, and baggage delivery services. The airport also provides wheelchair assistance and has designated parking spaces for passengers with disabilities. For those traveling with children, the airport has a play area and baby changing facilities.
Tocumen International Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable. These include a variety of restaurants and cafes, duty-free shopping, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. The airport also has a VIP lounge for passengers who want to relax in a more exclusive setting before their flight. Overall, Tocumen International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services and amenities make it a top choice for travelers visiting Panama City.
Shops and Restaurants
Tocumen International Airport, located in Panama City, is a bustling hub for travelers from all over the world. The airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here are some of the top shops and restaurants at Tocumen International Airport:
1. Duty-Free: This shop offers a wide range of products, including perfumes, cosmetics, liquor, and tobacco, all at duty-free prices.
2. Panama Hat: This shop specializes in the iconic Panama hat, a must-have souvenir for visitors to Panama.
3. Montblanc: This luxury brand offers a range of high-end writing instruments, leather goods, and accessories.
4. Swarovski: This shop offers a range of crystal jewelry, accessories, and home decor items.
5. Lacoste: This shop offers a range of clothing, footwear, and accessories from the iconic French brand.
1. Starbucks: This popular coffee chain offers a range of coffee, tea, and snacks for travelers on the go.
2. Subway: This sandwich chain offers a range of fresh sandwiches, salads, and sides.
3. KFC: This fast-food chain offers a range of fried chicken, burgers, and sides.
4. Sushi Itto: This Japanese restaurant offers a range of sushi, sashimi, and other Japanese dishes.
5. La Pampa Grill: This steakhouse offers a range of grilled meats, salads, and sides.
Overall, Tocumen International Airport offers a great selection of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a luxury shopping experience, you’re sure to find something to suit your needs at this airport.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Tocumen International Airport, located in Panama City, offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to pray, meditate, or worship according to their faith.
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: Located on the third floor of the airport, near the food court, this prayer room is open 24/7 and is available for people of all faiths. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a washroom for ablution.
2. Catholic Chapel: Located on the second floor of the airport, near the international departures area, this chapel is open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. It features a small altar, religious statues, and seating for up to 20 people.
3. Muslim Prayer Room: Located on the third floor of the airport, near the food court, this prayer room is open 24/7 and is exclusively for Muslim passengers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a washroom for ablution, and a Qibla direction indicator.
4. Jewish Prayer Room: Located on the third floor of the airport, near the food court, this prayer room is open 24/7 and is exclusively for Jewish passengers. The room is equipped with prayer books, a washroom for ablution, and a Torah scroll.
5. Evangelical Christian Prayer Room: Located on the third floor of the airport, near the food court, this prayer room is open 24/7 and is exclusively for Evangelical Christian passengers. The room is equipped with prayer books, a washroom for ablution, and seating for up to 10 people.
Overall, Tocumen International Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the diverse religious needs of its passengers and visitors. These spaces offer a peaceful and quiet environment for individuals to practice their faith and find solace amidst the hustle and bustle of the airport.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Tocumen International Airport, located in Panama City, offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
Tocumen International Airport provides free WiFi throughout the airport, allowing travelers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media, and other online services. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy for travelers to stay connected while waiting for their flights.
For travelers who need to work or study while at the airport, Tocumen International Airport offers a range of workspace facilities. These include:
1. Business Lounges: The airport has several business lounges that offer comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points. These lounges are perfect for travelers who need a quiet and comfortable space to work or relax.
2. Meeting Rooms: Tocumen International Airport also has meeting rooms that can be rented by the hour. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate up to 10 people, making them ideal for business meetings or interviews.
3. Workstations: The airport has several workstations located throughout the terminal, which are equipped with power outlets and USB ports. These workstations are perfect for travelers who need to catch up on work or emails before their flight.
Overall, Tocumen International Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities, making it a great choice for travelers who need to stay connected and productive while on the go.
Tocumen International Airport in Panama offers several lounge options for travelers. The following is a list of the lounges located at the airport:
- VIP Club Lounge: Located in the main terminal, near Gate 12.
- Copa Club: Located on the Departures level, between Gates 14 and 15.
- Star Alliance Lounge: Located in the main terminal, near Gate 18.
- Avianca VIP Lounge: Located in the main terminal, near Gate 28.
- Cayuco Lounge: Located in the Departures area of the main terminal.
- Primeclass Lounge: Located in the Departures area of the main terminal.
Accomodation Options Nearby Tocumen International Airport
Tocumen International Airport, located in Panama City, offers a range of accommodation options to cater to various budgets and needs. Whether you are looking for a budget-friendly stay or luxurious indulgence, here are the different accommodations available at or near the airport:
1. Sleep pods: For travelers on a budget or those with long layovers, Tocumen International Airport offers sleep pods within the airport premises. These compact, private sleeping spaces provide basic amenities, including a bed, power outlets, and Wi-Fi.
2. Budget hotels: In the vicinity of the airport, several budget hotels provide affordable accommodation options. These hotels are ideal for short stays and offer comfortable rooms equipped with essential amenities such as air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, and shuttle services to the airport.
3. Mid-range hotels: For those seeking more comfort and facilities, mid-range hotels located near Tocumen International Airport are an excellent choice. These hotels offer well-equipped rooms, fitness centers, swimming pools, and on-site dining options to enhance your stay.
4. Airport transit hotels: If you have a long layover or an overnight stay, consider transit hotels available within the airport premises. These hotels provide easy access to the gates and offer comfortable rooms, restaurants, and additional services like spa facilities and business centers.
5. Luxury hotels: For travelers looking for a touch of luxury, several upscale hotels are found near the airport area. These five-star accommodations offer spacious rooms, elegant decor, premium amenities, and a range of recreational facilities such as spas, fitness centers, and fine dining experiences.
6. Extended-stay hotels: If you plan to spend an extended period at or near Tocumen International Airport, consider booking in an extended-stay hotel. These properties offer apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens, living areas, and laundry facilities, providing a cozy and convenient home away from home.
7. Airport lounges: Several airlines and independent lounges at Tocumen International Airport offer comfortable seating, Wi-Fi, complimentary refreshments, and shower facilities. While not traditional accommodations, these lounges provide a relaxed and quiet environment to recharge during layovers.
Remember to check each accommodation’s specific amenities, prices, and availability, as they may vary. Tocumen International Airport ensures that travelers of all budgets and preferences can find suitable accommodation options to make their stay comfortable and convenient.
1. Metropolitan Natural Park: Located just a short drive from Tocumen International Airport, this lush green oasis is a perfect escape from the bustling city. Explore hiking trails, spot exotic wildlife, and enjoy stunning panoramic views of Panama City.
2. Panama Canal: A true engineering marvel, the Panama Canal is a must-visit attraction near the airport. Witness ships passing through the locks and learn about the rich history and significance of this iconic waterway.
3. Casco Viejo: Immerse yourself in Panama’s colonial past by visiting Casco Viejo, the historic district of Panama City. This charming neighborhood offers stunning architecture, vibrant street art, and a plethora of boutique shops, restaurants, and bars.
4. Biomuseo: Get a glimpse into Panama’s incredible biodiversity and ecological importance at the Biomuseo. Designed by renowned architect Frank Gehry, this colorful museum offers interactive exhibits and educational displays that highlight the country’s natural wonders.
5. Amador Causeway: Situated at the entrance of the Panama Canal, the Amador Causeway provides stunning views of the city’s skyline and the Pacific Ocean. Stroll, bike, or rollerblade along the waterfront and indulge in delicious seafood at one of the many restaurants.
6. Panama Viejo: Step back in time with a visit to Panama Viejo, the oldest European settlement on the Pacific coast of the Americas. Explore the ruins of the original city and marvel at its historical significance.
7. Plaza de Francia: Pay homage to Panama’s French heritage at Plaza de Francia, a lovely square located at the tip of Casco Viejo. This picturesque plaza offers panoramic views of the Panama Canal, a French statue, and beautiful landscaping.
8. Soberania National Park: For nature enthusiasts, a visit to Soberania National Park is a must. Just a short drive from the airport, this lush rainforest is home to diverse wildlife, including monkeys, sloths, and colorful birds. Explore its extensive network of trails and discover hidden waterfalls.
9. The Museum of Contemporary Art: Discover Panama’s vibrant art scene at the Museum of Contemporary Art. Located in Panama City’s lively Bella Vista neighborhood, this museum showcases both national and international contemporary art exhibitions.
10. Cinta Costera: Enjoy a leisurely walk or bike ride along the Cinta Costera, a scenic waterfront promenade. Offering stunning views of the ocean and skyscrapers, this popular recreational area is dotted with parks, fitness zones, and playgrounds for children.
History of Tocumen International Airport
Tocumen International Airport is the main airport in Panama and one of the busiest airports in Central America. The airport was originally built in 1947 as a small airfield with a single runway. In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major expansion, which included the construction of a new terminal building and the extension of the runway.
In the 1990s, Tocumen International Airport underwent another major expansion, which included the construction of a new terminal building and the addition of several new gates. The airport also added new parking facilities and improved its ground transportation options.
Today, Tocumen International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that serves millions of passengers each year. The airport is home to several major airlines, including Copa Airlines, which has its headquarters at the airport. Tocumen International Airport is also an important hub for connecting flights between North and South America.
Other Airports in Panama Province, Panama