Toussaint Louverture International Airport is the main airport serving Port-au-Prince, the capital city of Haiti. It is named after Toussaint Louverture, a Haitian revolutionary leader who played a key role in the country’s fight for independence from France. The airport is a hub for several airlines and serves as a gateway to the Caribbean and Latin America.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Toussaint Louverture International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Toussaint Louverture International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Toussaint Louverture International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Toussaint Louverture International Airport
- Other Airports in Ouest Department, Haiti
How to Get to Toussaint Louverture International Airport
Toussaint Louverture International Airport is located in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, private car, or public transportation.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to negotiate the fare beforehand to avoid any surprises. Taxis can be found throughout the city and are readily available. Private car services are also available and can be arranged in advance through various companies.
Public transportation options include buses and shared taxis, known as tap-taps. These are a more affordable option but can be crowded and may not be the most comfortable option for those with a lot of luggage.
It is important to plan ahead and allow enough time to get to the airport, as traffic in Port-au-Prince can be unpredictable. It is recommended to arrive at the airport at least two hours before your scheduled departure time.
Toussaint Louverture International Airport is the main airport serving the capital city of Port-au-Prince in Haiti. It is located approximately 10 miles from the city center and offers a range of transportation options for travelers.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a popular mode of transportation for travelers. They are easily identifiable by their yellow color and can be found outside the arrivals terminal. Taxis are metered, and the fare to the city center is approximately $25-$30.
2. Private Car Services: Private car services are also available at the airport and can be booked in advance or upon arrival. These services offer a more comfortable and convenient option for travelers and are ideal for those who prefer a more personalized experience. Prices vary depending on the service provider and the type of vehicle.
3. Public Transportation: Public transportation options at the airport include buses and shared taxis. These are the most affordable options but can be crowded and uncomfortable, especially during peak hours. Buses and shared taxis can be found outside the airport terminal.
4. Rental Cars: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Hertz. Renting a car is a great option for travelers who want to explore the city and its surroundings at their own pace. Prices vary depending on the type of vehicle and the rental period.
5. Hotel Shuttles: Many hotels in Port-au-Prince offer shuttle services to and from the airport. These services are usually free for guests and can be arranged in advance or upon arrival. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
In conclusion, Toussaint Louverture International Airport offers a range of transportation options for travelers, including taxis, private car services, public transportation, rental cars, and hotel shuttles. Choose the option that best suits your needs and budget.
Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince, Haiti offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for travelers who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are charged hourly.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for long-term parking are charged daily.
3. Valet parking: This service is available for travelers who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The valet parking area is located in front of the terminal building, and the rates are charged hourly.
4. Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and is the most affordable option for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The rates for economy parking are charged daily.
All parking areas at Toussaint Louverture International Airport are secure and monitored 24/7 to ensure the safety of travelers’ vehicles. Additionally, there are shuttle services available to transport travelers to and from the parking areas and the terminal building.
Car Rental at Toussaint Louverture International Airport
Toussaint Louverture International Airport is the main airport in Haiti, located in Port-au-Prince. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. Terminal 1 is the main terminal and handles most of the international flights, while Terminal 2 is used for domestic flights and some international flights.
Terminal 1 is a modern and spacious terminal with a variety of amenities for travelers. It has several duty-free shops, restaurants, and cafes, as well as currency exchange services and ATMs. The terminal also has free Wi-Fi and charging stations for electronic devices. Passengers can access the terminal via a covered walkway from the parking lot or by shuttle bus from Terminal 2.
Terminal 2 is a smaller terminal that primarily serves domestic flights and some international flights. It has a few shops and restaurants, as well as a currency exchange service and ATMs. The terminal also has free Wi-Fi and charging stations for electronic devices. Passengers can access the terminal via a covered walkway from the parking lot or by shuttle bus from Terminal 1.
Overall, Toussaint Louverture International Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. With a range of amenities and services, passengers can easily navigate the airport and enjoy their time before their flight.
1. Air Canada
2. Air Caraïbes
3. Air France
4. American Airlines
5. Copa Airlines
6. Delta Air Lines
7. JetBlue Airways
8. Spirit Airlines
9. Sunwing Airlines
10. United Airlines
Toussaint Louverture International Airport is the main airport in Haiti and serves as a gateway for travelers from all over the world. The airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. The security measures are in line with international standards and are constantly reviewed and updated to keep up with the latest threats.
The airport has a comprehensive security screening process that includes baggage screening, metal detectors, and body scanners. Passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the security checkpoint. Liquids and gels are also subject to strict restrictions and must be placed in a clear plastic bag.
The airport also has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport premises and ensuring that all security protocols are followed. The security team is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including CCTV cameras and X-ray machines, to detect any suspicious activity.
In addition to these measures, the airport has implemented a range of other security protocols, including access control systems, perimeter fencing, and regular security drills. These measures are designed to prevent unauthorized access to the airport and to ensure that all staff and passengers are aware of the security procedures in place.
Overall, Toussaint Louverture International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety of all those who use the airport. Passengers can be assured that they are in safe hands when traveling through this airport.
Toussaint Louverture International Airport, located in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s staff is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and assistance to all passengers, regardless of their needs.
For passengers with disabilities or special needs, the airport offers wheelchair assistance, accessible restrooms, and designated parking spaces. Additionally, the airport has a team of trained medical professionals on standby to provide emergency medical assistance if needed.
Passengers who require language assistance can take advantage of the airport’s translation services, which are available in several languages. The airport also offers baggage storage facilities, currency exchange services, and a range of dining and shopping options.
For those who need to stay connected while traveling, the airport provides free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal. There are also charging stations available for passengers to charge their electronic devices.
Overall, Toussaint Louverture International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make the travel experience as comfortable and stress-free as possible. The airport’s staff is committed to providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that all passengers have a positive experience while traveling through the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy. Here are some of the options available:
– Caribbean Craft: This shop offers a selection of handmade Haitian crafts, including pottery, paintings, and jewelry.
– Duty Free Americas: Travelers can shop for a variety of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and fragrances.
– La Belle Creole: This shop offers a range of souvenirs, including Haitian art, clothing, and accessories.
– Relay: This newsstand offers a selection of books, magazines, and snacks for travelers on the go.
– Au Bon Pain: This bakery and café offers a selection of sandwiches, salads, and baked goods, as well as coffee and other beverages.
– Barik: This restaurant serves Haitian cuisine, including grilled meats, seafood, and traditional sides like plantains and rice and beans.
– Café Select: This café offers a range of coffee drinks, as well as sandwiches, salads, and pastries.
– Subway: This sandwich chain offers a variety of subs and salads, as well as sides like chips and cookies.
Whether you’re looking for a souvenir to take home or a quick bite to eat before your flight, Toussaint Louverture International Airport has plenty of options to choose from.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of different faiths. These areas are located in various parts of the airport terminal, providing easy access to those who wish to pray or meditate before their flight.
1. Catholic Chapel: Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the food court, the Catholic Chapel is a quiet and peaceful space for Catholic passengers to pray and attend mass. The chapel is open daily from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.
2. Muslim Prayer Room: The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. The room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator, making it easy for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers. The prayer room is open 24/7.
3. Protestant Chapel: The Protestant Chapel is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the duty-free shops. The chapel is open daily from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm and provides a quiet and peaceful space for Protestant passengers to pray and attend services.
4. Meditation Room: The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the boarding gates. The room is open 24/7 and provides a quiet and peaceful space for passengers of all faiths to meditate and reflect.
Overall, Toussaint Louverture International Airport offers a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the diverse religious needs of its passengers and visitors. These spaces provide a peaceful and welcoming environment for travelers to practice their faith and find solace before their journey.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince, Haiti offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online activities.
Workspace: For those who need to work or study while waiting for their flight, the airport offers several seating areas with power outlets and USB ports. These areas are equipped with comfortable chairs and tables, making them ideal for working on laptops or other devices.
Business Lounge: The airport also has a business lounge, which is available to passengers who have access to the lounge through their airline or membership program. The lounge offers a quiet and comfortable space to work, with complimentary WiFi, refreshments, and other amenities.
Meeting Rooms: For those who need to hold meetings or conferences, the airport has several meeting rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
Overall, Toussaint Louverture International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to make the most of your time there.
Toussaint Louverture International Airport offers several lounges to provide a comfortable atmosphere for travelers to relax and unwind before their flight.
- The VIP Lounge: located in Terminal B, near Gate 9.
- The American Airlines Admirals Club: located in Terminal B, near Gate 12.
- The Delta Sky Club: located in Terminal B, near Gate 13.
- The United Club: located in Terminal B, near Gate 14.
- The Air France Lounge: located in Terminal A, near Gate 17.
- The Sun Country Lounge: located in Terminal A, near Gate 19.
Accomodation Options Nearby Toussaint Louverture International Airport
Toussaint Louverture International Airport, located in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Whether you are in need of a quick overnight stay, a budget-friendly option, or a luxurious indulgence, this guide will help you explore the accommodation choices available at or near the airport.
1. On-site Airport Hotels:
a. La Maison Hotel: Strategically positioned within the airport grounds, La Maison Hotel offers convenience and comfort to travelers. This budget-friendly option provides basic amenities, clean rooms, and easy access to airport terminals, making it an ideal choice for those with shorter layovers or early morning flights.
b. Kinam Hotel: Located within minutes from the airport, Kinam Hotel combines affordability with convenience. It provides comfortable rooms, convenient airport shuttles, and essential amenities for a pleasant stay. This mid-range accommodation is great for travelers seeking a cozy and wallet-friendly option.
2. Nearby Airport Hotels (within a short distance from the airport):
a. Marriott Port-au-Prince Hotel: For those seeking a comfortable and luxurious experience, the Marriott Port-au-Prince Hotel is a prominent choice. Located in the heart of the city, just a short drive from the airport, guests can indulge in spacious rooms, state-of-the-art facilities, a pool, fitness center, and various dining options to suit different tastes.
b. Royal Oasis: Situated close to the airport, the Royal Oasis offers a luxurious experience in a tranquil setting. With well-appointed rooms, elegant decor, an outdoor pool, multiple dining options, a spa, and fitness center, this upscale hotel caters to discerning travelers looking for exceptional comfort and service.
3. Off-site Accommodation Options:
a. Pacot Breeze Hotel: Situated away from the airport, Pacot Breeze Hotel offers affordable yet comfortable accommodation. Located in the scenic Pacot neighborhood, this hotel provides cozy rooms, a friendly atmosphere, and complimentary breakfast. It is a suitable option for travelers who prioritize affordability and local charm.
b. La Lorraine Boutique Hotel: Located a short drive from the airport, La Lorraine Boutique Hotel provides a homely atmosphere and personalized service. The hotel boasts well-appointed rooms, a garden terrace, and a restaurant serving local and international cuisine.
c. Best Western Premier Petion-Ville: Situated in the vibrant district of Petion-Ville, this hotel offers a blend of comfort and convenience. With well-appointed rooms, an on-site restaurant, a fitness center, and a stunning rooftop pool offering panoramic views, it caters to travelers seeking a comfortable stay in a lively neighborhood.
It is advisable to contact or book in advance to ensure availability and receive accurate pricing information. Regardless of your choice, these accommodation options around Toussaint Louverture International Airport provide a range of choices to suit various budgets and preferences, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay near the airport.
1. Musée du Panthéon National Haïtien (MUPANAH) – Located just a short distance from the airport, this museum showcases the history and culture of Haiti through its impressive collection of artifacts, documents, and art.
2. Iron Market (Marché en Fer) – Known as one of the top markets in Port-au-Prince, the Iron Market is a vibrant and bustling place where you can find an array of Haitian art, crafts, and souvenirs.
3. Port-au-Prince Cathedral (Cathédrale Notre-Dame de l’Assomption) – One of Haiti’s most iconic landmarks, this cathedral stands as a testament to the country’s rich architectural heritage and offers a serene sanctuary amidst the chaos of the city.
4. Papillon Marketplace – A socially conscious shopping experience, Papillon Marketplace features handmade products crafted by local artisans. From jewelry and accessories to home decor and clothing, you can find unique treasures while supporting Haitian craftsmanship.
5. Observatoire du Bout du Monde – Offering stunning panoramic views of Port-au-Prince and the surrounding coastline, this observation deck is a perfect spot to soak in the picturesque landscape of the city.
6. Baptist Mission of Haiti Hospital – For those interested in Haiti’s healthcare system, a visit to the Baptist Mission of Haiti Hospital provides insight into the medical challenges the country faces and the exceptional work being done to address them.
7. National Palace (Palais National) – While currently under reconstruction, the National Palace in Port-au-Prince remains an important symbol of Haitian history. Its striking neoclassical architecture and surrounding gardens make it a site worth visiting.
8. Alexandre Petion Statue – This statue commemorates Alexandre Pétion, a prominent figure in Haitian history and one of the key architects of the nation’s early independence. The statue represents a powerful symbol of Haitian pride and resilience.
9. Croix-des-Bouquets – Located just outside Port-au-Prince, this town is renowned for its vibrant metalwork. Visit local workshops and witness the intricate process of creating beautiful, handcrafted metal art.
10. Champs de Mars – As the largest public square in Port-au-Prince, Champs de Mars is a historical and cultural hub, hosting various events and gatherings. It’s an ideal location to experience the vibrancy and energy of Haitian daily life.
History of Toussaint Louverture International Airport
Toussaint Louverture International Airport is the main airport of Haiti, located in Port-au-Prince. The airport was originally built in the 1940s as a military airfield by the United States during World War II. It was later converted into a civilian airport in the 1960s and named after Toussaint Louverture, a Haitian revolutionary leader who played a key role in the country’s fight for independence from France.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines. In 2010, the airport was severely damaged by a 7.0 magnitude earthquake that struck Haiti, causing the collapse of the main terminal building and the control tower. The airport was closed for several months for repairs and reconstruction.
Today, Toussaint Louverture International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that serves as a gateway to Haiti for tourists and business travelers. It has a capacity to handle up to 1.5 million passengers per year and offers a range of services and amenities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and lounges. The airport is also a hub for several airlines, including Air France, American Airlines, and Delta Air Lines, providing connections to destinations across the Americas, Europe, and the Caribbean.
Other Airports in Ouest Department, Haiti