Trois-Rivieres Airport is a small regional airport located in Quebec, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Mauricie region and offers a range of services to both commercial and private aircraft.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Trois-Rivieres Airport
Trois-Rivieres Airport is located in Quebec, Canada and is easily accessible by car or public transportation. If you are driving, take Highway 40 and exit at Boulevard des Forges. Follow the signs to the airport, which is located about 10 minutes from downtown Trois-Rivieres.
If you prefer public transportation, there are several options available. The Société de transport de Trois-Rivières (STTR) offers bus service to the airport from various locations in the city. You can also take a taxi or use a ride-sharing service like Uber or Lyft.
If you are coming from out of town, the closest major airport is Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport, which is about 90 minutes away by car. From there, you can rent a car or take a shuttle service to Trois-Rivieres.
Overall, getting to Trois-Rivieres Airport is straightforward and convenient, whether you are driving or using public transportation. Just be sure to plan ahead and allow enough time to get to the airport before your flight.
1. Taxi Services: Trois-Rivieres Airport has several taxi services available for passengers who need transportation to their destination. Taxis are available outside the airport terminal and can be easily hailed. The fare for a taxi ride varies depending on the distance and time of day.
2. Car Rental: Passengers can rent a car from one of the car rental companies located at the airport. The car rental companies offer a wide range of vehicles to choose from, including economy, compact, mid-size, and luxury cars. The rental rates vary depending on the type of vehicle and the duration of the rental.
3. Shuttle Services: Shuttle services are available for passengers who need transportation to their hotel or other destinations in Trois-Rivieres. The shuttle services are operated by private companies and can be booked in advance or on arrival at the airport. The shuttle services offer a convenient and cost-effective way to travel around the city.
1. Aéroport de Trois-Rivières Parking Lot – Located directly in front of the airport terminal, this parking lot offers both short-term and long-term parking options. The lot is well-lit and monitored by security cameras, ensuring the safety of your vehicle while you’re away.
2. EconoParc Trois-Rivières – This off-site parking lot is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers affordable long-term parking options. A shuttle service is available to transport passengers to and from the airport terminal, making it a convenient choice for those who don’t want to worry about finding a parking spot.
3. Park’N Fly Trois-Rivières – Another off-site parking option, Park’N Fly Trois-Rivières offers both indoor and outdoor parking options, as well as a shuttle service to and from the airport terminal. The lot is secure and well-lit, and the staff is friendly and helpful. This is a great option for those who want to save money on parking without sacrificing convenience or security.
Car Rental at Trois-Rivieres Airport
Trois-Rivieres Airport, also known as the Trois-Rivieres Regional Airport, is a small airport located in Quebec, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for commercial flights and the other for general aviation. The commercial terminal is a modern facility that offers a range of services and amenities to passengers.
The commercial terminal at Trois-Rivieres Airport has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and charging stations. There are also several shops and restaurants where passengers can grab a bite to eat or purchase souvenirs. The terminal also has a car rental desk, a currency exchange, and a baggage claim area.
The general aviation terminal at Trois-Rivieres Airport is a smaller facility that caters to private and charter flights. The terminal has a lounge area with comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and a small snack bar. There is also a flight planning room and a pilot briefing area. The general aviation terminal also has a fueling station and a maintenance hangar for aircraft. Overall, Trois-Rivieres Airport’s terminals provide a comfortable and convenient experience for both commercial and general aviation passengers.
- Air Canada Express – operated by Jazz Aviation LP
- Air Inuit
- Air Transat
- Camai Air
- Canadian North
- First Air
- Pascan Aviation
- Porter Airlines
- Sky Regional Airlines
Trois-Rivieres Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. To achieve this, the airport has implemented a number of rigorous security protocols that are designed to prevent any potential threats from entering the airport.
One of the key security measures in place at Trois-Rivieres Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. This includes full-body scanners and x-ray machines, which are used to detect any prohibited items that may be carried by passengers or in their luggage. Additionally, all passengers are required to pass through metal detectors before boarding their flights.
Another important aspect of the airport’s security protocols is the use of trained security personnel. These individuals are responsible for monitoring the airport and identifying any potential security threats. They are also trained to respond quickly and effectively in the event of an emergency.
Finally, Trois-Rivieres Airport has implemented strict access control measures to prevent unauthorized individuals from entering restricted areas of the airport. This includes the use of security checkpoints and access control systems that require authorized personnel to swipe their security badges before entering certain areas.
Overall, Trois-Rivieres Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By using advanced screening technology, trained security personnel, and strict access control measures, the airport is able to prevent potential security threats and ensure the safety of all those who pass through its doors.
Trois-Rivieres Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to assist travelers with any questions or concerns they may have, and to provide guidance and support throughout their journey.
One of the key services offered by Trois-Rivieres Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has a team of trained personnel who are available to assist passengers with mobility issues, ensuring that they can navigate the airport safely and comfortably. In addition, the airport offers a range of other services, including baggage assistance, lost and found, and information kiosks.
Trois-Rivieres Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. These include a variety of dining and shopping options, as well as free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Trois-Rivieres Airport is committed to providing a high level of customer service and support to ensure that your journey is as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Café Express: Located in the main terminal of Trois-Rivieres Airport, Café Express offers a wide selection of hot and cold beverages, snacks, and light meals.
2. Duty Free: Located in the main terminal of Trois-Rivieres Airport, Duty Free offers a wide selection of tax-free products, including liquor, tobacco, cosmetics, and more.
3. Newsstand: Located in the main terminal of Trois-Rivieres Airport, the Newsstand offers a wide selection of magazines, newspapers, books, and other reading materials.
4. Gift Shop: Located in the main terminal of Trois-Rivieres Airport, the Gift Shop offers a wide selection of souvenirs, gifts, and other items.
5. Restaurant Le Bistro: Located in the main terminal of Trois-Rivieres Airport, Restaurant Le Bistro offers a wide selection of delicious meals, snacks, and beverages.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Trois-Rivieres Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith. Here are three locations where these facilities can be found:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the airport terminal, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is open to people of all faiths. It provides a quiet and peaceful space for prayer, meditation, and reflection. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and religious texts.
2. Catholic Chapel – The Catholic Chapel is situated on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. It is a small chapel that offers a peaceful environment for Catholic passengers and visitors to pray, reflect, and attend mass. The chapel is open daily and is accessible to all.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the Multi-Faith Prayer Room. It is a dedicated space for Muslim passengers and visitors to perform their daily prayers. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and a washroom for ablution. It is open to all Muslim travelers and visitors.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Trois-Rivieres Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
1. WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their family, friends, and work colleagues. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, and stream videos.
2. Workstations: For passengers who need to work while waiting for their flights, the airport has several workstations equipped with power outlets and comfortable seating. These workstations are located in quiet areas of the terminal building, providing a peaceful environment for concentration and productivity.
3. Business Lounge: Trois-Rivieres Airport also has a business lounge that offers a range of amenities for business travelers. The lounge features comfortable seating, free WiFi, and complimentary snacks and beverages. It also has a conference room that can be booked for meetings and presentations.
Overall, Trois-Rivieres Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities that cater to the needs of all passengers, whether they are traveling for business or leisure. These facilities ensure that passengers can stay connected, productive, and comfortable while waiting for their flights.
- Le Terminal 2000 Lounge – Located in the main terminal building of Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Club Tango Lounge – Located in the main terminal building of Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Sky Lounge – Located in the main terminal building of Trois-Rivieres Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Trois-Rivieres Airport
1. Hotel Universel Trois-Rivières: Located just a few minutes away from the Trois-Rivières Airport, Hotel Universel Trois-Rivières offers comfortable and affordable accommodation. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities including free Wi-Fi, a fitness centre, and an on-site restaurant.
2. Auberge Gouverneur Trois-Rivières: Auberge Gouverneur Trois-Rivières is located just a few minutes away from the Trois-Rivières Airport and offers luxurious accommodation. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities including a spa, an on-site restaurant, and free Wi-Fi.
3. Comfort Inn Trois-Rivières: Comfort Inn Trois-Rivières is located just a few minutes away from the Trois-Rivières Airport and offers comfortable and affordable accommodation. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities including free Wi-Fi, an on-site restaurant, and a fitness centre.
4. Motel Le Chateauguay: Motel Le Chateauguay is located just a few minutes away from the Trois-Rivières Airport and offers comfortable and affordable accommodation. Guests can enjoy a range of amenities including free Wi-Fi, an on-site restaurant, and a fitness centre.
1. For nature lovers, Parc de l’Île Saint-Quentin is a must-visit attraction near Trois-Rivieres Airport. This beautiful park offers a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, kayaking, and fishing. Visitors can also enjoy a picnic or relax on the beach.
2. The Old Prison of Trois-Rivieres is another popular attraction located near the airport. This historic building was once a maximum-security prison and now serves as a museum. Visitors can take a guided tour and learn about the prison’s history and the lives of the inmates.
3. The Museum of Fine Arts of Trois-Rivieres is a great place to explore the art and culture of the region. The museum features a collection of over 4,000 works of art, including paintings, sculptures, and photographs. Visitors can also attend special exhibitions and events.
4. The Borealis Museum is a unique attraction that showcases the history of the pulp and paper industry in the region. Visitors can learn about the process of papermaking and the impact of the industry on the environment and the community.
5. The Amphitheatre Cogeco is a popular venue for concerts and shows. This outdoor amphitheater can accommodate up to 3,500 people and hosts a variety of events throughout the year.
6. The Laviolette Bridge is a landmark attraction near Trois-Rivieres Airport. This suspension bridge spans the Saint Lawrence River and offers stunning views of the surrounding area. Visitors can walk or bike across the bridge and enjoy the scenery.
7. The Forges du Saint-Maurice National Historic Site is a fascinating attraction that showcases the history of the iron industry in Canada. Visitors can explore the historic buildings and learn about the process of iron production.
8. The Ursulines Museum is a historic attraction that tells the story of the Ursuline nuns who settled in Trois-Rivieres in the 17th century. Visitors can tour the museum and learn about the nuns’ daily lives and their contributions to the community.
History of Trois-Rivieres Airport
Trois-Rivieres Airport, also known as the Trois-Rivieres Regional Airport, is located in Quebec, Canada. The airport was first established in 1930 and was initially used for military purposes. During World War II, the airport was used as a training base for the Royal Canadian Air Force. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and began offering commercial flights.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent significant renovations and expansions to accommodate larger aircraft and increased passenger traffic. The airport continued to grow and in the 1980s, a new terminal building was constructed to meet the needs of the growing number of passengers. In 2004, the airport underwent another major renovation, which included the construction of a new control tower and runway extension.
Today, Trois-Rivieres Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, connecting passengers to destinations across Canada and the United States. The airport is home to several airlines, including Air Canada and Porter Airlines, and offers a range of services and amenities for travelers, including parking, car rentals, and dining options. With a rich history and a commitment to modernization and growth, Trois-Rivieres Airport continues to play an important role in the transportation infrastructure of Quebec.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport