Tulsa International Airport is a public airport located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It is the second busiest airport in the state and serves as a hub for several major airlines.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Tulsa International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Tulsa International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Tulsa International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Tulsa International Airport
- Other Airports in Oklahoma, United States
How to Get to Tulsa International Airport
Tulsa International Airport is located approximately 6 miles northeast of downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma. There are several ways to get to the airport, including driving, taking a taxi, or using public transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from major highways such as I-244 and US-75. There are several parking options available at the airport, including short-term and long-term parking, as well as valet parking.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that serve the airport, including Yellow Cab and Tulsa Taxi. You can find taxi stands outside of the baggage claim area of the terminal.
For those who prefer public transportation, Tulsa Transit offers bus service to the airport. The Route 203 bus runs between the airport and downtown Tulsa, with stops at several major hotels and attractions along the way.
No matter how you choose to get to the airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to navigate traffic and security checkpoints. It is recommended that you arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your scheduled departure time.
Tulsa International Airport offers a variety of transportation options for travelers arriving or departing from the airport. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxis: Taxis are available at the airport 24/7. The taxi stand is located outside the baggage claim area. The fare to downtown Tulsa is approximately $25.
2. Ride-Sharing Services: Uber and Lyft are available at Tulsa International Airport. Passengers can request a ride through the app and meet their driver at the designated pick-up area.
3. Rental Cars: Several rental car companies have offices at the airport, including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. Passengers can reserve a car in advance or rent one on-site.
4. Airport Shuttle: SuperShuttle offers shared-ride van service to and from the airport. Passengers can book a ride in advance or at the airport.
5. Public Transportation: Tulsa Transit offers bus service to and from the airport. The bus stop is located outside the baggage claim area. The fare is $1.75 per person.
6. Private Car Services: Several private car services, such as Blacklane and GroundLink, offer airport transfers to and from Tulsa International Airport. Passengers can book a ride in advance online or through the app.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Tulsa International Airport makes it easy to get to your destination.
Tulsa International Airport offers several parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Hourly Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for short-term parking and is charged at a rate of $1 for every 20 minutes, with a maximum daily rate of $24.
2. Daily Parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building. It is ideal for travelers who need to park for a few days. The daily rate is $12 per day.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a little further away from the terminal building, but a free shuttle service is available to take travelers to and from the airport. It is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period of time. The daily rate is $8 per day.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is located directly in front of the terminal building. It is ideal for travelers who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The daily rate is $24 per day.
5. Park and Ride: This parking option is located off-site and is ideal for travelers who want to save money on parking. A free shuttle service is available to take travelers to and from the airport. The daily rate is $6 per day.
Overall, Tulsa International Airport offers a variety of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers.
Car Rental at Tulsa International Airport
- Advantage Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Rent A Car
- Budget Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
Tulsa International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that serves the city of Tulsa, Oklahoma, and the surrounding areas. The airport has two terminals, Terminal A and Terminal B, which are connected by a covered walkway. Both terminals offer a range of amenities and services to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible.
Terminal A is the main terminal at Tulsa International Airport and is home to most of the airport’s airlines. The terminal features a spacious and modern design, with plenty of seating areas, restaurants, and shops. Passengers can enjoy a variety of dining options, including fast food chains, coffee shops, and sit-down restaurants. There are also several retail stores selling everything from books and magazines to souvenirs and gifts.
Terminal B is a smaller terminal that primarily serves regional airlines. The terminal is located just a short walk from Terminal A and offers a more relaxed and intimate atmosphere. Passengers can enjoy a range of amenities, including a coffee shop, a newsstand, and a gift shop. There are also several seating areas where passengers can relax before their flight.
Overall, Tulsa International Airport’s terminals are well-designed and offer a range of amenities and services to make the travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible. Whether you’re flying for business or pleasure, you’re sure to find everything you need at Tulsa International Airport.
1. American Airlines
2. Delta Air Lines
3. Southwest Airlines
4. United Airlines
5. Allegiant Air
6. Frontier Airlines
7. American Eagle
8. Delta Connection
9. United Express
10. Boutique Air
Tulsa International Airport has implemented a number of security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. These protocols are designed to prevent any potential threats from entering the airport and to quickly respond to any security incidents that may occur.
One of the key security measures at Tulsa International Airport is the use of advanced screening technology. This includes full-body scanners, X-ray machines, and metal detectors, which are used to detect any prohibited items that passengers may be carrying. In addition, all passengers are required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through security checkpoints.
Another important security protocol at Tulsa International Airport is the use of trained security personnel. These individuals are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security incidents that may occur. They are also trained to identify potential threats and to take appropriate action to prevent them from entering the airport.
Finally, Tulsa International Airport has implemented a number of physical security measures to protect the airport and its passengers. This includes the use of security cameras, access control systems, and perimeter fencing. These measures are designed to prevent unauthorized access to the airport and to quickly respond to any security incidents that may occur.
Overall, Tulsa International Airport has implemented a comprehensive set of security protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These measures are constantly reviewed and updated to ensure that they remain effective in the face of evolving security threats.
Tulsa International Airport offers a variety of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s Travelers Aid volunteers are available to assist passengers with a range of needs, including directions, wheelchair assistance, and language translation services. These volunteers are easily identifiable by their bright blue vests and are stationed throughout the airport to provide assistance to travelers.
In addition to the Travelers Aid program, Tulsa International Airport also offers a variety of other services to assist travelers. The airport has a dedicated customer service team that is available to answer questions and provide assistance with everything from lost luggage to flight information. The airport also has a number of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and lounges, to help travelers relax and recharge during their journey.
For travelers with disabilities or special needs, Tulsa International Airport offers a range of accessibility services. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated TSA Cares program, which provides assistance to travelers with disabilities or medical conditions during the security screening process.
Overall, Tulsa International Airport is committed to providing exceptional customer service and traveler assistance to ensure a positive travel experience for all passengers. Whether you need help finding your gate or require special assistance, the airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always available to assist you.
Shops and Restaurants
Tulsa International Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable. Here are some of the options available:
– CNBC News Tulsa: This newsstand offers a wide selection of newspapers, magazines, snacks, and travel essentials.
– InMotion Entertainment: This electronics store offers headphones, chargers, and other tech accessories.
– Oklahoma! Magazine: This store offers a variety of Oklahoma-themed gifts, souvenirs, and apparel.
– Spirit of the Red Horse: This store offers Native American art, jewelry, and gifts.
– Tech on the Go: This store offers a variety of tech accessories, including phone cases, chargers, and headphones.
– Cinnabon: This bakery offers cinnamon rolls, coffee, and other sweet treats.
– Einstein Bros. Bagels: This bagel shop offers a variety of bagels, sandwiches, and coffee.
– Mazzio’s Pizza: This pizza restaurant offers a variety of pizzas, salads, and sandwiches.
– Starbucks: This coffee shop offers a variety of coffee, tea, and snacks.
– Tulsa Tap Room: This bar and restaurant offers a variety of local beers, cocktails, and pub food.
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, Tulsa International Airport has plenty of options to choose from.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Tulsa International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Tulsa International Airport:
1. Interfaith Chapel – Located on the upper level of the terminal near the security checkpoint, the Interfaith Chapel is open 24/7 and welcomes people of all faiths. The chapel features a peaceful atmosphere with comfortable seating, religious literature, and a prayer rug.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – Located near Gate A3, the Muslim Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a private space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers. The room is equipped with a prayer rug, Quran, and ablution facilities.
3. Christian Prayer Room – Located near Gate A3, the Christian Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a quiet space for Christian passengers to pray and reflect. The room features a cross, religious literature, and comfortable seating.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located near Gate A3, the Jewish Prayer Room is open 24/7 and provides a private space for Jewish passengers to pray and observe their faith. The room is equipped with a prayer book, menorah, and comfortable seating.
5. Meditation Room – Located near Gate A3, the Meditation Room is open 24/7 and provides a peaceful space for passengers to meditate, reflect, or simply relax. The room features comfortable seating, soft lighting, and calming music.
Overall, Tulsa International Airport offers a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the diverse needs of its passengers and visitors. These spaces provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for people of all faiths to practice their beliefs and find a moment of peace amidst the hustle and bustle of travel.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Tulsa International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and their devices. The WiFi network is easy to access and provides fast and reliable connectivity.
Workspace: For those who need to work while at the airport, there are several options available. The airport has a business center located in the main terminal, which provides a quiet and comfortable space to work. The business center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, as well as printing and faxing facilities.
In addition to the business center, there are several other areas in the airport that provide workspace facilities. These include the airport lounges, which offer comfortable seating, power outlets, and WiFi access. The lounges are available to passengers who have access through their airline or credit card membership.
Overall, Tulsa International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected to the internet, the airport has you covered.
Tulsa International Airport offers a selection of lounges for travelers to relax in before their flight. Here are the lounges located inside the airport:
- North Concourse Lounge – Located in the North Concourse, near Gate 4.
- South Concourse Lounge – Located in the South Concourse, near Gate 9.
- American Airlines Admirals Club – Located in the South Concourse, near Gate 11.
- United Club – Located in the South Concourse, near Gate 12.
Accomodation Options Nearby Tulsa International Airport
When it comes to accommodation options at Tulsa International Airport, travelers have a range of choices to suit their needs and preferences. From budget-friendly options to luxurious stays, each accommodation provides convenient proximity to the airport. Here is a list of accommodations available at and around Tulsa International Airport:
1. On-Site Hotels:
– Hilton Garden Inn: Located inside the airport terminal with direct access to the baggage claim area. This modern hotel offers comfortable rooms, a fitness center, and a restaurant.
– La Quinta Inn & Suites: Situated adjacent to the airport, this hotel provides free airport shuttle service, cozy rooms, a complimentary continental breakfast, and a swimming pool.
2. Nearby Budget-Friendly Hotels:
– Comfort Inn & Suites: Only a short distance from the airport, this hotel offers great value with its comfortable rooms, complimentary breakfast, and free shuttle service.
– Quality Inn & Suites: Another nearby option, providing affordable rates, a complimentary hot breakfast, and a free airport shuttle.
3. Mid-Range Hotels:
– Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites: This contemporary hotel features well-appointed rooms, a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a complimentary airport shuttle service.
4. Extended Stay Hotels:
– Homewood Suites by Hilton: A short drive away from the airport, this hotel offers spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens, complimentary breakfast, evening socials, and an airport shuttle service.
5. Luxury Hotels:
– Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center: Situated just a few miles from the airport, this upscale hotel boasts elegant rooms, fine dining options, a fitness center, an indoor pool, and luxurious amenities.
– The Mayo Hotel: Located in the heart of downtown Tulsa, this historic landmark hotel is a short drive from the airport. It offers luxurious rooms, a rooftop bar, a spa, and fine dining.
6. Other Options:
– Airbnb: A variety of local hosts provide short-term rentals near Tulsa International Airport, offering flexibility and a unique stay experience.
– Nearby motels and motor lodges: These options provide basic amenities at affordable rates, ideal for travelers looking for a budget-friendly stay.
No matter your preference or budget, Tulsa International Airport ensures there is an accommodation option available to suit your needs, making your stay convenient and hassle-free.
1. The Philbrook Museum of Art: Located just 10 minutes from the airport, the Philbrook Museum of Art is set in a historic villa surrounded by stunning gardens. It showcases an extensive collection of Renaissance, Baroque, and Native American art.
2. Woodward Park: Situated a short drive from the airport, Woodward Park is a picturesque 45-acre park offering beautiful gardens, walking trails, and a renowned rose garden. It’s the perfect place for a relaxing stroll or a picnic amidst nature.
3. Tulsa Zoo: A family-friendly attraction, the Tulsa Zoo is located about 15 minutes from the airport. With over 400 animal species, interactive exhibits, and educational programs, it provides a fascinating experience for visitors of all ages.
4. Tulsa Air and Space Museum & Planetarium: Just a stone’s throw away from the airport, this museum showcases the rich history of aviation and space exploration. It features aircraft displays, interactive exhibits, and a state-of-the-art planetarium.
5. Gathering Place: Approximately 15 minutes from Tulsa International Airport is the Gathering Place, a world-class riverfront park. Spanning over 66 acres, it offers a variety of attractions including playgrounds, gardens, sports courts, and a tranquil pond.
6. Center of the Universe: Situated in the heart of downtown Tulsa, the Center of the Universe is a unique and mysterious acoustic anomaly. Visitors can stand on the spot for an echo that can only be heard by themselves.
7. BOK Center: Located less than 10 minutes from the airport, the BOK Center is a top-notch entertainment venue known for hosting major concerts, sports events, and live performances. If timing aligns, catching a show here can be a memorable experience.
8. Cain’s Ballroom: Considered a historic music venue and located within a short distance from the airport, Cain’s Ballroom has hosted renowned musicians since the 1920s. Catching a live concert at this iconic venue is a must for music enthusiasts.
9. Linnaeus Teaching Gardens: Less than 5 miles away from the airport, the Linnaeus Teaching Gardens is a charming botanical garden where visitors can explore themed garden areas, attend horticulture classes, or simply relax in the peaceful surroundings.
10. Tulsa River Parks: Stretching along the Arkansas River, the Tulsa River Parks offer extensive trails, recreational opportunities, and picturesque river views. Visitors can enjoy biking, walking, jogging, or even rent kayaks for a fun water adventure just minutes away from the airport.
History of Tulsa International Airport
Tulsa International Airport is a public airport located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The airport was originally established in 1928 as Tulsa Municipal Airport and was later renamed Tulsa International Airport in 1963. The airport has since undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers and airlines.
During World War II, Tulsa International Airport served as a major training base for the United States Army Air Forces. The airport also played a significant role in the development of the aerospace industry in Tulsa, with several aircraft manufacturers and suppliers located nearby.
Today, Tulsa International Airport serves as a hub for several major airlines, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and Southwest Airlines. The airport offers non-stop flights to over 20 destinations across the United States and Mexico. In recent years, the airport has also implemented several sustainability initiatives, including the installation of solar panels and the use of electric ground support equipment.
Other Airports in Oklahoma, United States
- Altus Air Force Base
- Guymon Municipal Airport
- Henry Post Army Air Field (Fort Sill)
- Hobart Regional Airport
- Lawton Fort Sill Regional Airport
- Mc Alester Regional Airport
- Ponca City Regional Airport
- Richard Lloyd Jones Jr Airport
- Stillwater Regional Airport
- Tinker Air Force Base
- Tulsa International Airport
- Vance Air Force Base
- West Woodward Airport
- Will Rogers World Airport