Umiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. It serves the remote community of Umiujaq and provides essential air transportation services to the region.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Umiujaq Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Umiujaq Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Umiujaq Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Umiujaq Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Umiujaq Airport
Umiujaq Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport is accessible by air and road. If you are traveling by air, you can book a flight to the airport through Air Inuit, which is the only airline that operates flights to Umiujaq. The airport is located just a few minutes from the town center, so it is easy to get to once you arrive.
If you are traveling by road, you can take the James Bay Road, which is a gravel road that connects the town of Matagami to Radisson. From Radisson, you can take the Trans-Taiga Road, which is a gravel road that leads to Umiujaq. The journey by road can take several hours, so it is important to plan accordingly and make sure you have enough fuel and supplies for the journey.
Once you arrive at Umiujaq Airport, you can rent a car or take a taxi to get to your destination. The town is small, so it is easy to get around on foot or by bike. If you are planning to explore the surrounding area, it is recommended to rent a car or take a guided tour to make the most of your visit. Overall, getting to Umiujaq Airport is relatively straightforward, whether you are traveling by air or road.
Umiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, there are several transportation options available for travelers who need to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can be hailed outside the terminal building. The fare will depend on the distance traveled and the time of day.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis and Budget. Renting a car is a convenient option for travelers who want to explore the area on their own.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your accommodations to see if they offer this service.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation directly to the airport, but there are bus and train stations in nearby towns. Travelers can take a bus or train to one of these stations and then take a taxi or shuttle to the airport.
5. Walking or biking: Umiujaq is a small town, and the airport is located just a few kilometers from the town center. Travelers who are staying in town may be able to walk or bike to the airport if they have light luggage.
Overall, there are several transportation options available for travelers to Umiujaq Airport. Whether you prefer to rent a car, take a taxi, or use a shuttle service, you should be able to find a convenient and affordable way to get to and from the airport.
Umiujaq Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers who need to park their vehicles while they are away. There are two parking areas available at the airport, both located within walking distance of the terminal building.
The first parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is reserved for short-term parking. This area is ideal for travelers who are dropping off or picking up passengers, as well as those who need to park for a few hours while they wait for their flight.
The second parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is reserved for long-term parking. This area is ideal for travelers who need to park their vehicles for an extended period of time, such as those going on vacation or traveling for business.
Both parking areas are well-lit and secure, with regular patrols by airport security personnel. Parking rates are affordable and are based on the length of time that the vehicle is parked.
Overall, Umiujaq Airport provides convenient and secure parking options for travelers, making it easy to park and fly without any worries.
Car Rental at Umiujaq Airport
Umiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both arrivals and departures. The terminal is a simple and functional building that provides basic amenities to passengers. The airport is primarily used by local residents and tourists who visit the area for outdoor activities such as fishing, hunting, and hiking.
The terminal building at Umiujaq Airport has a small waiting area with a few chairs and a television. There are also restrooms available for passengers to use. The airport does not have any restaurants or shops, so passengers are advised to bring their own food and drinks. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, and they are always available to assist passengers with any questions or concerns.
Umiujaq Airport is a vital transportation hub for the local community, providing access to essential services and supplies. The airport is also an important link to the rest of Quebec and Canada, connecting the remote northern region to the rest of the country. Despite its small size, Umiujaq Airport plays a crucial role in the lives of the people who live and work in the area.
- Air Inuit: Scheduled service to Inukjuak, Kuujjuaq, Montreal, Puvirnituq, Quebec City, Salluit, and Val-d’Or.
- First Air: Charter service to Inukjuak, Kuujjuaq, Montreal, Puvirnituq, Quebec City, Salluit, and Val-d’Or.
- Air Creebec: Charter service to Chibougamau, Montreal, and Val-d’Or.
- Air Saguenay: Charter service to Sept-Îles and Val-d’Or.
Umiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport has strict security protocols in place to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This includes a thorough screening of their carry-on luggage and personal belongings. The security personnel use advanced technology to detect any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives.
In addition to the standard security measures, Umiujaq Airport also has specific protocols in place for handling hazardous materials. Any passengers carrying hazardous materials must declare them at the security checkpoint and follow the proper procedures for transporting them safely.
The airport also has a security team on site at all times to monitor the premises and respond to any potential threats. They work closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of everyone at the airport.
Overall, Umiujaq Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented strict protocols to ensure the safety of all passengers and staff. These measures are constantly reviewed and updated to stay ahead of any potential threats.
Umiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its small size, the airport provides a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and comfortable travel experience for all passengers.
One of the key services offered at Umiujaq Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has trained staff who are available to assist passengers with mobility issues, ensuring they can navigate the airport with ease. Additionally, the airport provides assistance to passengers with visual or hearing impairments, ensuring they have access to the necessary information and support throughout their journey.
Umiujaq Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable. These include a lounge area, restrooms, and vending machines. The airport also has a small gift shop where passengers can purchase souvenirs or last-minute travel essentials.
Overall, Umiujaq Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. From wheelchair assistance to amenities and information services, the airport is committed to providing the highest level of support to all travelers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Umiujaq Airport Café: This cozy café offers a variety of hot and cold drinks, snacks, and light meals.
2. Umiujaq Airport Gift Shop: This shop sells souvenirs, books, magazines, and other items related to the region.
3. Umiujaq Airport Duty-Free: This duty-free shop offers a wide selection of alcohol, tobacco, and other items at discounted prices.
4. Umiujaq Airport Restaurant: This full-service restaurant serves traditional Inuit cuisine and other local favorites.
5. Umiujaq Airport Newsstand: This newsstand offers a selection of newspapers, magazines, and other reading materials.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
1. Umiujaq Airport’s main Prayer Room is located in the main terminal building, just off the international arrivals area. This room is available for people of all faiths to use for quiet contemplation and prayer. The room is equipped with chairs, benches, and a selection of religious texts.
2. Umiujaq Airport’s Worship Area is located in the main terminal building, near the international arrivals area. This area is open to people of all faiths and provides a comfortable, dedicated space for religious services and gatherings. The room is equipped with chairs, benches, and audio-visual equipment.
3. Umiujaq Airport’s Multi-Faith Room is located in the main terminal building, near the international arrivals area. This room is designed to accommodate multiple faiths at once, and is equipped with chairs, benches, and a variety of religious materials.
4. Umiujaq Airport’s Multi-Cultural Room is located in the main terminal building, near the international arrivals area. This room provides a comfortable, dedicated space for people of all faiths to come together and share their beliefs, customs, and cultures. The room is equipped with chairs, benches, and a selection of religious texts.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Umiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the northern region of Quebec, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient.
Umiujaq Airport provides free WiFi to all passengers. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the airport terminal and offers a reliable and fast connection. Whether you need to check your emails, browse the internet, or stream your favorite content, you can do so without any hassle.
For those who need to work while waiting for their flight, Umiujaq Airport offers a comfortable and quiet workspace area. The workspace area is equipped with tables and chairs, power outlets, and good lighting. You can use this area to work on your laptop, read a book, or simply relax before your flight.
In addition to the workspace area, Umiujaq Airport also has a business center that provides printing, scanning, and faxing services. This facility is ideal for business travelers who need to complete important tasks before their flight.
Overall, Umiujaq Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities that cater to the needs of modern travelers. Whether you’re traveling for business or leisure, you can stay connected and productive at this airport.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Umiujaq Airport is located in the International Terminal near Gate 11.
- The Air Inuit Lounge at Umiujaq Airport is located in the Domestic Terminal near Gate 6.
- The Air North Lounge at Umiujaq Airport is located in the Domestic Terminal near Gate 3.
- The Porter Lounge at Umiujaq Airport is located in the Domestic Terminal near Gate 5.
Accomodation Options Nearby Umiujaq Airport
1. Umiujaq Inn: Located just a few steps away from the airport, Umiujaq Inn offers comfortable accommodation with a variety of room types, including single rooms, double rooms, and family rooms.
2. Umiujaq Lodge: This lodge is located a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, a bar, and a lounge.
3. Umiujaq Campground: This campground is located a few kilometers away from the airport and offers a variety of camping sites, as well as a communal kitchen and dining area.
4. Umiujaq Hostel: This hostel is located a short drive away from the airport and offers a variety of dormitory-style rooms, as well as a communal kitchen and dining area.
Umiujaq Airport is located in the northern part of Quebec, Canada, and is surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty and cultural attractions. Here are some of the top attractions near Umiujaq Airport:
1. Pingualuit National Park: This park is located about 100 km south of Umiujaq and is home to a massive crater lake that was formed by a meteorite impact over 1.4 million years ago. Visitors can hike around the lake and enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding tundra and mountains.
2. Inuit Cultural Centre: This centre is located in Umiujaq and offers visitors a chance to learn about the history and culture of the Inuit people who have lived in the area for thousands of years. The centre features exhibits on traditional hunting and fishing practices, as well as displays of Inuit art and crafts.
3. Kuujjuaq: This town is located about 200 km south of Umiujaq and is the largest community in the region. Visitors can explore the town’s shops and restaurants, as well as visit the local museum to learn about the history of the area.
4. Tasiujaq: This small Inuit community is located about 50 km north of Umiujaq and is known for its stunning views of the Hudson Bay. Visitors can hike along the coast and enjoy the peaceful beauty of the area.
5. Whale Watching: The waters around Umiujaq are home to a variety of marine life, including beluga whales, narwhals, and bowhead whales. Visitors can take a boat tour to see these majestic creatures up close and learn about their habitat and behavior.
Overall, Umiujaq Airport is a gateway to some of the most beautiful and culturally rich areas of northern Quebec. Whether you’re interested in nature, history, or culture, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in this stunning part of Canada.
History of Umiujaq Airport
Umiujaq Airport is a small airport located in the Inuit community of Umiujaq, Quebec, Canada. The airport was originally built in the 1970s to serve the local community and provide access to the remote region. The airport was initially a gravel runway, but it was later upgraded to an asphalt runway in the 1990s.
In 2005, the airport underwent a major renovation and expansion project, which included the construction of a new terminal building, a larger parking area, and improved runway lighting. The expansion project was funded by the Canadian government and was aimed at improving air transportation services in the region.
Today, Umiujaq Airport serves as an important transportation hub for the Inuit community and the surrounding region. The airport is primarily used by small regional airlines, such as Air Inuit and Propair, which provide regular flights to other communities in Quebec and Nunavut. The airport also serves as a vital link for emergency medical services and search and rescue operations in the region. Overall, Umiujaq Airport plays a crucial role in connecting the remote communities of northern Quebec and Nunavut to the rest of Canada.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport