Val-d’Or Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Val-d’Or, Quebec, Canada. It serves as a hub for several airlines, including Air Creebec and Air Canada Express. The airport offers daily flights to major cities in Quebec, as well as connections to other destinations across Canada.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Val-d’Or Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Val-d’Or Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Val-d’Or Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Val-d’Or Airport
- Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
How to Get to Val-d’Or Airport
Val-d’Or Airport is located in Quebec, Canada, and is easily accessible by car or taxi. If you are driving, take Route 117 and follow the signs to the airport. The airport is located approximately 6 kilometers from the city center and the drive takes about 10 minutes.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in Val-d’Or that offer airport transportation services. You can book a taxi in advance or simply hail one on the street. The ride from the city center to the airport typically takes around 10 minutes and costs between $15 and $20.
If you are traveling from out of town, there are several airlines that offer flights to Val-d’Or Airport, including Air Canada and Pascan Aviation. The airport is small but modern, with a range of amenities including a café, gift shop, and free Wi-Fi. Whether you are arriving or departing, getting to Val-d’Or Airport is quick and easy, making it a convenient choice for travelers in the region.
Val-d’Or Airport, also known as Val-d’Or Regional Airport, is located in Quebec, Canada. It serves as a hub for travelers visiting the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region. If you are planning a trip to Val-d’Or, it is important to know your transportation options to and from the airport. Here are some options to consider:
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take you to your destination in Val-d’Or. The fare will depend on your destination and the time of day.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, and Enterprise. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan to explore the region on your own.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels in Val-d’Or offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your hotel to see if this is an option.
4. Public transportation: The Société de transport de l’Abitibi-Témiscamingue (STAT) operates a bus service in Val-d’Or. You can take the bus from the airport to various locations in the city.
5. Private transportation: Private transportation companies, such as limousine services, are available in Val-d’Or. These services can be more expensive than other options, but they offer a more luxurious and comfortable experience.
No matter which transportation option you choose, it is important to plan ahead and make arrangements before your trip to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
Val-d’Or Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it convenient for those who need to park for a short period of time. The rates for short-term parking are hourly, and there is a maximum daily rate.
2. Long-term parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period. The rates for long-term parking are daily, and there is a maximum weekly rate.
3. Economy parking: This parking area is located further away from the terminal building and is the most affordable option for travelers who need to park for an extended period. The rates for economy parking are daily, and there is a maximum weekly rate.
All parking areas at Val-d’Or Airport are well-lit and monitored by security cameras to ensure the safety of vehicles. Travelers can pay for parking using cash or credit card at the automated payment machines located in each parking area.
Car Rental at Val-d’Or Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Rent-A-Car
- Budget Rent-A-Car
- National Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Rent-A-Car
Val-d’Or Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Val-d’Or, Quebec, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as a waiting area, restrooms, and a small café. The international terminal is slightly larger and offers additional services such as duty-free shopping, currency exchange, and a restaurant.
Both terminals are equipped with modern facilities and are designed to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers. The airport also offers free Wi-Fi throughout the terminals, making it easy for travelers to stay connected while waiting for their flights. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, providing assistance to passengers with disabilities or special needs.
Overall, Val-d’Or Airport terminals are well-maintained and provide a hassle-free travel experience. The airport is easily accessible and offers a range of services to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and enjoyable journey. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, Val-d’Or Airport is a great choice for your next trip.
- Air Canada: Offers daily nonstop flights to Montreal.
- Air Creebec: Provides regular service to several destinations in Northern Quebec.
- Air Inuit: Offers scheduled flights to several destinations in Nunavik and Nunavut.
- First Air: Connects Val-d’Or to points in Nunavut.
Val-d’Or Airport is a regional airport located in Quebec, Canada. The airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers, employees, and visitors. To achieve this goal, the airport has implemented a number of security protocols that are designed to prevent any potential threats.
One of the key security measures at Val-d’Or Airport is the use of advanced screening technologies. All passengers and their luggage are screened using state-of-the-art equipment, including X-ray machines and metal detectors. This helps to identify any prohibited items that may pose a risk to the safety of the flight.
In addition to screening technologies, Val-d’Or Airport also has a team of highly trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security incidents. These personnel are trained to identify potential threats and take appropriate action to prevent any harm.
Overall, Val-d’Or Airport is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and visitors. The airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure that all flights depart and arrive safely, and that everyone who passes through the airport can do so with confidence and peace of mind.
Val-d’Or Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s customer service team is available 24/7 to provide assistance with any queries or concerns that travelers may have. They can provide information on flight schedules, baggage allowances, and airport facilities.
For passengers with reduced mobility, Val-d’Or Airport offers a range of services to ensure their comfort and safety. These include wheelchair assistance, accessible parking spaces, and specially designed restrooms. The airport also has a dedicated team of staff trained to assist passengers with disabilities, ensuring that they can navigate the airport with ease.
Val-d’Or Airport also offers a range of amenities to make the travel experience more enjoyable. These include a variety of dining options, duty-free shopping, and free Wi-Fi throughout the airport. The airport also has a lounge area for passengers who want to relax before their flight, complete with comfortable seating and charging stations for electronic devices.
Overall, Val-d’Or Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to provide a seamless and enjoyable travel experience for all passengers. With a focus on customer service and accessibility, the airport is committed to ensuring that every traveler feels comfortable and well taken care of during their time at the airport.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Café Express: This cozy café offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as light snacks and pastries.
2. La Binerie: Enjoy a delicious meal at this full-service restaurant, offering a variety of traditional Québécois dishes.
3. Relay: Pick up a magazine, newspaper, or souvenir at this convenient shop.
4. Duty Free: Shop for a variety of duty-free items, including cosmetics, fragrances, and spirits.
5. Bistro des Voyageurs: Enjoy a delicious meal at this full-service restaurant, offering a variety of international dishes.
6. La Boutique: Browse a selection of souvenirs, including clothing, books, and toys.
7. Bar L’Aéroport: Relax and enjoy a drink at this cozy bar.
8. La Galerie: Shop for a variety of local art and crafts.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Val-d’Or Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their religious beliefs or seek a quiet space for meditation and reflection. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Val-d’Or Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer and contemplation.
2. Catholic Chapel – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This chapel is dedicated to the Catholic faith and offers a space for Mass, confession, and other Catholic services.
3. Protestant Chapel – located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the departure gates. This chapel is dedicated to the Protestant faith and offers a space for worship, prayer, and other Protestant services.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open to passengers and visitors of Val-d’Or Airport, regardless of their religion or beliefs. They provide a quiet and peaceful space for reflection and prayer, and are maintained to ensure that they remain clean and comfortable for all users.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Val-d’Or Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Here are some of the key features:
WiFi: Val-d’Or Airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing travelers to stay connected to the internet and access their emails, social media accounts, and other online resources.
Workstations: The airport has a number of workstations located throughout the terminal building, providing travelers with a comfortable and quiet space to work. These workstations are equipped with power outlets and USB ports, making it easy to charge devices and stay connected.
Meeting Rooms: For those who need a more private space to work or hold meetings, Val-d’Or Airport offers a range of meeting rooms that can be rented by the hour or day. These rooms are equipped with WiFi, projectors, and other essential amenities.
Lounge Areas: Val-d’Or Airport also has several lounge areas where travelers can relax and work in a comfortable and quiet environment. These areas are equipped with comfortable seating, power outlets, and WiFi.
Overall, Val-d’Or Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that travelers can stay connected and productive during their time at the airport. Whether you need to catch up on work, hold a meeting, or simply relax and recharge, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
- Lounge YUL – Val-d’Or Airport: Located in the main terminal building, this lounge offers a variety of seating and refreshment options for travelers.
- VIP Lounge Val-d’Or Airport: Located in the main terminal building, this lounge offers a quiet, comfortable space to relax and enjoy complimentary refreshments.
- VIP Lounge Val-d’Or Airport: Located in the south terminal building, this lounge offers a wide selection of snacks and beverages, as well as comfortable seating.
- Lounge Val-d’Or Airport: Located in the south terminal building, this lounge offers a variety of seating, complimentary refreshments, and other amenities.
Accomodation Options Nearby Val-d’Or Airport
Val-d’Or Airport offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets and needs.
1. Hôtel Val-d’Or: Located just minutes from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms and suites, a restaurant, and a bar.
2. Auberge Val-d’Or: This hotel is located in the heart of Val-d’Or and offers a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and spa.
3. Motel Val-d’Or: This motel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers basic accommodation at an affordable price.
4. Camping Val-d’Or: This campsite is located near the airport and offers a variety of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins.
5. AirBnB: There are a variety of AirBnB options available in the Val-d’Or area, ranging from private rooms to entire homes.
Val-d’Or Airport is located in the heart of the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region of Quebec, Canada. This region is known for its vast forests, pristine lakes, and rich mining history. There are many attractions near Val-d’Or Airport that are worth exploring, including:
1. Village minier de Bourlamaque: This historic mining village is located just a few kilometers from the airport and offers visitors a glimpse into the region’s mining past. Visitors can explore the old mine buildings, learn about the history of the village, and even take a guided tour of the underground mine.
2. Parc national d’Aiguebelle: This stunning national park is located about an hour’s drive from the airport and offers visitors a chance to explore the region’s natural beauty. The park is home to several hiking trails, beautiful lakes, and stunning waterfalls.
3. Centre d’exposition de Val-d’Or: This cultural center is located in the heart of Val-d’Or and features a variety of exhibits and events throughout the year. Visitors can learn about the region’s history, art, and culture through interactive exhibits and displays.
4. Club de golf Belvédère: This beautiful golf course is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers visitors a chance to play a round of golf in a stunning natural setting. The course features 18 holes, a driving range, and a clubhouse with a restaurant and bar.
5. Musée minéralogique de l’Abitibi-Témiscamingue: This museum is located in the town of Malartic, about 30 minutes from the airport, and features a collection of minerals and rocks from the region. Visitors can learn about the geology of the area and see some of the rarest minerals in the world.
Overall, Val-d’Or Airport is a great starting point for exploring the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region of Quebec. With its rich history, stunning natural beauty, and cultural attractions, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
History of Val-d’Or Airport
Val-d’Or Airport, also known as Val-d’Or Regional Airport, is located in the city of Val-d’Or in Quebec, Canada. The airport was first established in 1939 as a small airfield used for private aviation. During World War II, the airport was used as a training base for the Royal Canadian Air Force.
In the 1950s, the airport underwent significant expansion and modernization to accommodate commercial flights. The airport became an important hub for the mining industry in the region, as well as for tourism and other industries. In the 1970s, the airport was further expanded with the construction of a new terminal building and runway.
Today, Val-d’Or Airport serves as a vital transportation hub for the Abitibi-Témiscamingue region of Quebec. The airport offers daily flights to major cities in Quebec and Ontario, as well as charter flights for the mining industry and other businesses. Val-d’Or Airport is also home to several aviation companies and organizations, including the Val-d’Or Flying Club and the Canadian Aviation Electronics (CAE) training center.
Other Airports in Quebec, Canada
- Akulivik Airport
- Alma Airport
- Amos/Magny Airport
- Aupaluk Airport
- Baie-Comeau Airport
- Bonaventure Airport
- Bromont (Roland Desourdy) Airport
- CFB Bagotville
- Chapais Airport
- Charlevoix Airport
- Chevery Airport
- Dolbeau St Felicien Airport
- Eastmain River Airport
- Forestville Airport
- Gaspe (Michel-Pouliot) Airport
- Havre-Saint-Pierre Airport
- Iles-de-la-Madeleine Airport
- Inukjuak Airport
- Ivujivik Airport
- Kangiqsualujjuaq (Georges River) Airport
- Kangiqsujuaq (Wakeham Bay) Airport
- Kangirsuk Airport
- Kuujjuaq Airport
- Kuujjuarapik Airport
- La Grande Riviere Airport
- La Grande-4 Airport
- Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon Airport
- Matagami Airport
- Matane Airport
- Mont Joli Airport
- Mont-Tremblant International Airport
- Montreal / Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Montreal / Saint-Hubert Airport
- Montreal International (Mirabel) Airport
- Natashquan Airport
- Nemiscau Airport
- Ottawa / Gatineau Airport
- Port Menier Airport
- Puvirnituq Airport
- Quaqtaq Airport
- Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport
- Rimouski Airport
- Riviere-du-Loup Airport
- Roberval Airport
- Rouyn Noranda Airport
- Salluit Airport
- Schefferville Airport
- Sept-Iles Airport
- Sherbrooke Airport
- St Augustin Airport
- St Georges Airport
- St Jean Airport
- Tasiujaq Airport
- Trois-Rivieres Airport
- Umiujaq Airport
- Val-d’Or Airport
- Waskaganish Airport
- Wemindji Airport