Vernon Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. It serves as a hub for general aviation and offers a range of services including fueling, maintenance, and aircraft rental.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Vernon Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Vernon Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Vernon Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Vernon Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Vernon Airport
Vernon Airport is located in the North Okanagan region of British Columbia, Canada. The airport is situated approximately 5 kilometers south of the city of Vernon. There are several ways to get to Vernon Airport, depending on your location and mode of transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from Highway 97. Take the exit for Vernon Airport Road and follow the signs to the airport. There is ample parking available at the airport, including both short-term and long-term options.
If you are taking public transportation, there are several bus routes that service the airport. The BC Transit #90 bus runs between Vernon and Kelowna, with a stop at the airport. The bus stop is located just outside the airport terminal building.
If you are flying into the airport, there are several airlines that operate flights to and from Vernon. These include Air Canada, WestJet, and Pacific Coastal Airlines. The airport terminal building is small but modern, with a café and gift shop for passengers to enjoy while waiting for their flights.
Overall, getting to Vernon Airport is relatively straightforward, whether you are driving, taking public transportation, or flying in. With its convenient location and range of transportation options, the airport is a popular choice for travelers visiting the North Okanagan region of British Columbia.
Vernon Airport is a small airport located in the city of Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. Despite its size, there are several transportation options available for passengers arriving or departing from the airport.
1. Taxi Service: Taxi service is available at the airport 24/7. Passengers can easily find a taxi outside the airport terminal building. The taxi service is reliable and affordable, and it is the most convenient option for those who want to reach their destination quickly.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have their offices at the airport. Passengers can rent a car and drive themselves to their destination. This option is ideal for those who want to explore the city on their own or have a lot of luggage.
3. Shuttle Service: Shuttle service is available from the airport to various destinations in the city. Passengers can book a shuttle in advance or find one at the airport. This option is ideal for those who want to save money and don’t mind sharing a ride with other passengers.
4. Public Transportation: Public transportation is available from the airport to the city center. Passengers can take a bus or a train to reach their destination. This option is ideal for those who want to save money and don’t mind a longer travel time.
5. Private Car Service: Private car service is available for passengers who want a more luxurious and comfortable ride. Passengers can book a private car in advance and enjoy a stress-free ride to their destination.
In conclusion, Vernon Airport offers several transportation options for passengers arriving or departing from the airport. Passengers can choose the option that best suits their needs and budget.
Vernon Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking areas and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking area is located directly in front of the airport terminal. It is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The hourly rate is reasonable, and there is no maximum stay limit.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking area is located a short distance from the airport terminal. It is ideal for those who need to park for several days or more. The daily rate is affordable, and there is a maximum stay limit of 30 days.
3. Valet Parking: This parking service is available at the airport terminal entrance. It is ideal for those who want the convenience of having their car parked for them. The valet service is available during airport operating hours, and the rates are reasonable.
4. Disabled Parking: This parking area is located in the short-term parking lot, directly in front of the airport terminal. It is reserved for those with a valid disabled parking permit. The rates are the same as the short-term parking rates.
Overall, Vernon Airport offers a range of parking options to suit different needs and budgets. Travelers can choose the parking area that best suits their requirements and enjoy a hassle-free parking experience.
Car Rental at Vernon Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Dollar Rent A Car
Vernon Airport Terminals is a small airport located in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with a few amenities such as a coffee shop, a gift shop, and a lounge area. The international terminal is slightly larger and offers more amenities such as a duty-free shop, a restaurant, and a lounge area.
The airport is primarily used for general aviation and charter flights, with a few scheduled flights to Vancouver and Calgary. The airport has a single runway that is 5,000 feet long and can accommodate small to medium-sized aircraft. The airport also has a small parking lot for visitors and passengers.
Vernon Airport Terminals is a convenient option for travelers looking to avoid the crowds and long lines of larger airports. The airport is located just a few minutes from downtown Vernon and offers easy access to the surrounding areas. The airport staff is friendly and helpful, and the facilities are clean and well-maintained. Overall, Vernon Airport Terminals is a great option for travelers looking for a hassle-free airport experience.
Vernon Airport is served by five airlines: Air Canada Express, Central Mountain Air, Pacific Coastal Airlines, WestJet Encore, and Bearskin Airlines. Air Canada Express provides regularly scheduled flights to Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. Central Mountain Air offers direct flights to Calgary and Edmonton. Pacific Coastal Airlines operates flights to Vancouver, Victoria, and Prince Rupert. WestJet Encore provides service to Calgary and Edmonton, while Bearskin Airlines provides service to Sioux Lookout and Thunder Bay.
Vernon Airport is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and staff. To achieve this, the airport has implemented a range of security protocols that are designed to prevent unauthorized access and detect any potential threats.
All passengers are required to pass through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and other screening equipment to detect any prohibited items. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before passing through the checkpoint.
In addition to passenger screening, Vernon Airport also has a range of security measures in place to protect the airport itself. These measures include CCTV cameras, security patrols, and access control systems to prevent unauthorized entry.
Overall, Vernon Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. By implementing these measures, the airport is able to minimize the risk of security incidents and ensure that all flights operate smoothly and efficiently.
Vernon Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers at the Vernon Regional Airport. The service is designed to help travelers navigate the airport and ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The assistance is available to all travelers, regardless of their age, mobility, or travel experience.
The services provided by Vernon Airport Traveler’s Assistance include wheelchair assistance, luggage handling, and escort services. The staff is trained to assist travelers with disabilities, including those who are visually impaired, hearing impaired, or have mobility issues. They can also provide information on airport facilities, flight schedules, and transportation options.
The goal of Vernon Airport Traveler’s Assistance is to make the airport experience as comfortable and convenient as possible for all travelers. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a frequent flyer, the service is available to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that your travel experience is a pleasant one.
Shops and Restaurants
Vernon Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
-The Airport Gift Shop: Offers a variety of souvenirs, snacks, and beverages.
-The Book Nook: Features a selection of books, magazines, and newspapers.
-The Duty Free Shop: Offers a wide selection of duty-free items including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
-The Airport Café: Offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and beverages.
-The Sky Lounge: Features a full bar and light snacks.
-The Coffee Shop: Offers specialty coffee drinks, pastries, and sandwiches.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Vernon Airport, also known as Vernon Regional Airport, is a small airport located in Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. The airport is equipped with prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of passengers and visitors. Here are the locations of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Vernon Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the main floor of the terminal building, the Multi-Faith Prayer Room is available for passengers and visitors of all faiths. The room is designed to provide a quiet and peaceful space for prayer, meditation, and reflection.
2. Christian Worship Area – Located near the baggage claim area, the Christian Worship Area is a designated space for Christian worship and prayer. The area is equipped with chairs, a podium, and a Bible for visitors to use.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the main floor of the terminal building, the Muslim Prayer Room is a designated space for Muslim prayer and worship. The room is equipped with prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – Located on the main floor of the terminal building, the Jewish Prayer Room is a designated space for Jewish prayer and worship. The room is equipped with prayer books and a Torah.
Overall, Vernon Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors of different faiths. These spaces are designed to accommodate the diverse needs of travelers and provide a peaceful and respectful environment for prayer and worship.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Vernon Airport offers convenient WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers and business professionals alike. The airport’s WiFi network is fast and reliable, providing seamless connectivity for all your online needs. Whether you need to check your emails, browse the web, or stream videos, you can do so without any interruptions.
In addition to WiFi, Vernon Airport also offers comfortable workspace facilities for those who need to work on the go. The airport’s workstations are equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, making it easy for you to stay productive while waiting for your flight. You can also take advantage of the airport’s quiet lounge areas, which provide a peaceful environment for you to focus and get work done.
For those who need to hold meetings or conduct business calls, Vernon Airport also has conference rooms available for rent. These rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audiovisual equipment and can accommodate groups of various sizes.
Overall, Vernon Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to meet the needs of modern travelers and business professionals. With fast and reliable WiFi, comfortable workstations, and conference rooms available for rent, you can stay connected and productive while on the go.
- The Executive Lounge at the Vernon Regional Airport is located in the main terminal and offers complimentary beverages, snacks and newspapers.
- The Plaza Premium Lounge at the Vernon Regional Airport is located in the main terminal and offers complimentary food, drinks, newspapers and magazines, Wi-Fi, and shower facilities.
- The Star Alliance Lounge at the Vernon Regional Airport is located in the main terminal and offers complimentary food, drinks, newspapers and magazines, Wi-Fi, and shower facilities.
- The Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at the Vernon Regional Airport is located in the main terminal and offers complimentary food, drinks, newspapers and magazines, Wi-Fi, and shower facilities.
- The Priority Pass Lounge at the Vernon Regional Airport is located in the main terminal and offers complimentary food, drinks, newspapers and magazines, Wi-Fi, and shower facilities.
Accomodation Options Nearby Vernon Airport
1. Best Western Plus Vernon Lodge & Conference Centre: Located just a short drive from Vernon Airport, this hotel offers comfortable accommodations with a variety of amenities, including an indoor pool, hot tub, fitness centre, and complimentary breakfast.
2. Sparkling Hill Resort: This luxurious resort is located just a short drive from Vernon Airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a full-service spa, fitness centre, and multiple dining options.
3. The Outback Lakeside Resort: Located on the shores of Kalamalka Lake, this resort offers a variety of accommodations, including cabins and RV sites. Guests can enjoy a variety of activities, including fishing, swimming, and kayaking.
4. Silver Star Mountain Resort: Located just a short drive from Vernon Airport, this resort offers a variety of accommodations, including hotel rooms, condos, and chalets. Guests can enjoy a variety of activities, including skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing.
5. Vernon Campground: Located just a short drive from Vernon Airport, this campground offers a variety of camping options, including tent sites, RV sites, and cabins. Guests can enjoy a variety of activities, including fishing, swimming, and hiking.
1. Silver Star Mountain Resort: Located just 25 minutes from Vernon Airport, Silver Star Mountain Resort offers a variety of winter and summer activities, including skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, and more.
2. Kalamalka Lake Provincial Park: This beautiful park is located just 15 minutes from Vernon Airport and offers stunning views of Kalamalka Lake. Visitors can enjoy hiking, swimming, boating, and picnicking in the park.
3. Davison Orchards: This family-owned orchard is located just 10 minutes from Vernon Airport and offers a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a petting zoo, playground, and farm tours.
4. Okanagan Science Centre: Located in downtown Vernon, the Okanagan Science Centre offers interactive exhibits and educational programs for visitors of all ages.
5. Historic O’Keefe Ranch: This historic ranch is located just 20 minutes from Vernon Airport and offers guided tours, horseback riding, and other activities that showcase the history and culture of the Okanagan Valley.
6. Predator Ridge Golf Resort: This world-class golf resort is located just 30 minutes from Vernon Airport and offers two championship golf courses, as well as a variety of other amenities, including a spa, fitness center, and restaurants.
7. Allan Brooks Nature Centre: Located just 10 minutes from Vernon Airport, the Allan Brooks Nature Centre offers educational programs and exhibits that focus on the natural history and ecology of the Okanagan Valley.
8. Vernon Farmers’ Market: This popular farmers’ market is located in downtown Vernon and offers a wide variety of fresh produce, baked goods, and other local products. The market is open on Mondays and Thursdays from April to October.
History of Vernon Airport
Vernon Airport, also known as Vernon Regional Airport, is a public airport located in the city of Vernon, British Columbia, Canada. The airport was established in 1946, shortly after the end of World War II, as a small airfield for private and commercial aviation. Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and expansions to accommodate the growing demand for air travel in the region.
In the 1960s, the airport was expanded to include a new terminal building, runway extensions, and additional hangars. In the 1980s, the airport underwent further renovations to modernize its facilities and improve safety standards. Today, Vernon Airport is a busy regional airport that serves the Okanagan Valley and surrounding areas, offering a range of services and amenities for both private and commercial aviation.
The airport is home to several aviation businesses, including flight schools, aircraft maintenance and repair facilities, and charter companies. It also hosts a number of events throughout the year, such as airshows and fly-ins, which attract aviation enthusiasts from across the region. With its rich history and ongoing commitment to excellence, Vernon Airport is a vital hub for air travel in British Columbia and a key contributor to the local economy.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport