Victoria International Airport is a modern airport located in the beautiful city of Victoria, British Columbia. It serves as the main airport for the region, offering a wide range of domestic and international flights. With its state-of-the-art facilities and excellent customer service, the airport provides a comfortable and convenient travel experience for all passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Victoria International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Victoria International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Victoria International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Victoria International Airport
- Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
How to Get to Victoria International Airport
Victoria International Airport is located approximately 22 kilometers north of downtown Victoria, British Columbia. There are several transportation options available to get to the airport.
One of the most convenient ways to reach the airport is by taxi. Taxis are readily available throughout the city and can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. The ride from downtown Victoria to the airport takes approximately 30 minutes and costs around $50 CAD.
Another option is to take public transportation. BC Transit operates several bus routes that connect downtown Victoria to the airport. The most direct route is the 83 Express, which runs every 30 minutes and takes approximately 45 minutes. The fare is $5 CAD for adults and $2.50 CAD for children and seniors.
If you prefer to drive, the airport is easily accessible from the Patricia Bay Highway (Highway 17). There is ample parking available at the airport, including short-term and long-term options. The airport also offers a valet parking service for added convenience.
Victoria International Airport, located in Sidney, British Columbia, offers a variety of transportation options for travelers. Here are some of the most popular options:
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available at the airport and offer a convenient way to get to your destination. The taxi stand is located outside the arrivals area.
2. Shuttle Services: Shuttle services are available for travelers who want to share a ride with others. These services offer door-to-door transportation to and from the airport.
3. Car Rentals: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, making it easy to rent a car for your stay in Victoria. You can book a car in advance or rent one on arrival.
4. Public Transit: BC Transit operates several bus routes that serve the airport. The 88 Express bus runs between the airport and downtown Victoria, while other routes serve nearby communities.
5. Limousine Services: Limousine services are available for travelers who want to arrive in style. These services offer luxury transportation to and from the airport.
6. Ride-Sharing Services: Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are available in Victoria and can be used to get to and from the airport.
No matter what your transportation needs are, Victoria International Airport has plenty of options to choose from.
Victoria International Airport offers a variety of car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Short-term parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 15 minutes are free, and the hourly rate is $4.50.
2. Long-term parking: This parking lot is located a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for travelers who need to park for an extended period. The daily rate is $15, and there is a free shuttle service that runs every 15 minutes to take passengers to and from the terminal.
3. Express Valet parking: This is the most convenient and hassle-free parking option at Victoria International Airport. Simply drop off your car at the valet stand located in front of the terminal building, and a valet will park your car for you. When you return, your car will be waiting for you at the same location. The daily rate for this service is $25.
4. Disabled parking: There are designated parking spots for disabled travelers located in both the short-term and long-term parking lots. These spots are located close to the terminal building and are clearly marked.
5. Oversized vehicle parking: For travelers with oversized vehicles, there is a designated parking area located near the long-term parking lot. This area can accommodate vehicles up to 10 feet in height and 20 feet in length.
Overall, Victoria International Airport offers a range of parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, valet service, or disabled parking, there is a convenient and affordable option available.
Car Rental at Victoria International Airport
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car & Truck Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
Victoria International Airport is located in Sidney, British Columbia, Canada. The airport has two terminals, the Main Terminal and the South Terminal. The Main Terminal is the larger of the two and handles most of the airport’s traffic. It has two levels and is divided into two sections, the domestic and international areas. The domestic area has 10 gates, while the international area has four gates. The Main Terminal offers a variety of services and amenities, including restaurants, shops, and a duty-free store.
The South Terminal is a smaller terminal that is primarily used for regional flights. It has one level and two gates. The South Terminal is located on the opposite side of the runway from the Main Terminal and is accessible by a shuttle bus. The South Terminal offers a more relaxed and intimate atmosphere, with a café and a small gift shop.
Both terminals at Victoria International Airport offer a range of services and amenities to make passengers’ travel experience as comfortable and convenient as possible. These include free Wi-Fi, charging stations, baggage storage, and rental car services. The airport also has a variety of transportation options, including taxis, shuttles, and public transportation, to help passengers get to and from the airport. Overall, Victoria International Airport’s terminals provide a welcoming and efficient experience for travelers.
- Air Canada
- Air Canada Express
- Air North
- Alaska Airlines
- Allegiant Air
- Central Mountain Air
- Delta Air Lines
- Horizon Air
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Victoria International Airport (YYJ) is committed to ensuring the safety and security of all passengers and airport personnel. The airport follows strict security protocols to prevent any potential threats and to maintain a safe environment for everyone.
All passengers are required to go through security screening before boarding their flight. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on luggage scanned. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or liquids over 100ml, will be confiscated. Passengers are also subject to random additional screening, including pat-downs and full-body scans.
In addition to passenger screening, the airport has implemented various security measures to protect the airport and its facilities. This includes 24/7 surveillance by security cameras, regular patrols by security personnel, and restricted access to certain areas of the airport.
Overall, Victoria International Airport takes security very seriously and is dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for all passengers and airport personnel. Passengers are encouraged to arrive at the airport early to allow sufficient time for security screening and to follow all security guidelines to ensure a smooth and safe travel experience.
Victoria International Airport offers a range of traveler assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. These services include wheelchair assistance, baggage carts, and a dedicated information desk staffed by knowledgeable and friendly personnel.
Passengers with mobility issues can request wheelchair assistance upon arrival at the airport. The airport also provides baggage carts to help passengers transport their luggage to and from the terminal. These carts are available free of charge and can be found in various locations throughout the airport.
The information desk at Victoria International Airport is staffed by knowledgeable personnel who are available to answer any questions or concerns that passengers may have. They can provide information on flight schedules, airport facilities, and transportation options. Additionally, the airport offers a range of amenities, including restaurants, shops, and lounges, to ensure that passengers have everything they need during their time at the airport. Overall, Victoria International Airport is committed to providing a comfortable and convenient travel experience for all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Hudson’s Bay: This department store offers a wide selection of apparel, accessories, and home goods.
2. Victoria’s Secret: This lingerie and beauty retailer offers a variety of clothing and beauty products.
3. Starbucks: Enjoy a cup of coffee or a light snack at this popular coffee shop.
4. Tim Hortons: Stop by this Canadian favorite for a quick bite to eat or a cup of coffee.
5. Earls Kitchen + Bar: This restaurant offers a variety of delicious dishes, including salads, burgers, and seafood.
6. White Spot: This family-friendly restaurant serves up classic Canadian dishes, such as poutine and burgers.
7. Booster Juice: Stop by this juice bar for a healthy snack or a refreshing smoothie.
8. The Keg Steakhouse + Bar: Enjoy a delicious steak dinner or a light lunch at this upscale restaurant.
9. A&W: This fast-food restaurant serves up classic burgers, fries, and shakes.
10. Subway: Stop by this sandwich shop for a quick and healthy meal.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Victoria International Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to practice their faith or seek a quiet space for reflection and meditation. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalator and elevator. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful environment for prayer and meditation.
2. Christian Chapel – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalator and elevator. This chapel is dedicated to the Christian faith and features a cross, altar, and pews for worship.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – Located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the escalator and elevator. This room is designated for Muslim passengers and features prayer mats and a Qibla direction indicator.
4. Reflection Room – Located on the first floor of the terminal building, near the baggage claim area. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for reflection and meditation.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are accessible to passengers and airport staff 24/7. They are maintained by the airport and are free to use.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Victoria International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, and other online services.
Workspace: The airport offers a variety of workspace options for passengers who need to work or study while waiting for their flight. There are several seating areas with power outlets and USB ports, as well as workstations equipped with computers and printers.
Business Centre: The airport’s business centre provides a quiet and private space for passengers to work or hold meetings. The centre is equipped with a conference room, private offices, and a range of business services, including printing, scanning, and faxing.
Lounge: The airport’s lounge provides a comfortable and quiet space for passengers to relax and work. The lounge is equipped with comfortable seating, power outlets, and free WiFi, as well as complimentary snacks and beverages.
Overall, Victoria International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive during their travels. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has everything you need to stay productive and comfortable.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departure Area, post-security
- Plaza Premium Lounge: Located in the International Departure Area, post-security
- WestJet Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departure Area, post-security
- Escape Lounge: Located in the International Departure Area, post-security
- The Club: Located in the Domestic and International Departure Areas, post-security
Accomodation Options Nearby Victoria International Airport
1. The Fairmont Empress Hotel: Located just minutes away from the Victoria International Airport, the Fairmont Empress Hotel offers luxurious accommodations and amenities, including a spa, fitness centre, and fine dining.
2. The Parkside Victoria Resort and Spa: This resort and spa is located near the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a heated outdoor pool, a fitness centre, and a spa.
3. The Delta Hotels Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort: This hotel is located near the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a pool, fitness centre, and spa.
4. The Best Western Plus Inner Harbour: This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Victoria and offers a variety of amenities, including a pool, fitness centre, and spa.
5. The Coast Victoria Hotel and Marina: This hotel is located near the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a heated outdoor pool, a fitness centre, and a spa.
6. The Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites: This hotel is located near the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a pool, fitness centre, and spa.
7. The Oswego Hotel: This hotel is located near the airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a pool, fitness centre, and spa.
1. Butchart Gardens: This world-renowned garden is located just 20 minutes from the airport and offers stunning floral displays, a rose garden, Japanese garden, and more.
2. Sidney Pier: Located just 10 minutes from the airport, Sidney Pier is a popular spot for fishing, boating, and strolling along the waterfront.
3. Gulf Islands National Park Reserve: This beautiful park is located just a short ferry ride from the airport and offers hiking, camping, and wildlife viewing opportunities.
4. Victoria Butterfly Gardens: This indoor tropical garden is located just 10 minutes from the airport and is home to thousands of butterflies, exotic birds, and other tropical creatures.
5. Craigdarroch Castle: This historic castle is located just 25 minutes from the airport and offers a glimpse into the opulent lifestyle of the wealthy in the late 1800s.
6. Royal BC Museum: This museum is located just 25 minutes from the airport and offers exhibits on the natural and human history of British Columbia.
7. Inner Harbour: Located in downtown Victoria, just 25 minutes from the airport, the Inner Harbour is a bustling hub of activity with shops, restaurants, and attractions like the Empress Hotel and the Parliament Buildings.
8. Whale watching tours: Several companies offer whale watching tours departing from the Inner Harbour, giving visitors the chance to see orcas, humpback whales, and other marine life up close.
9. Fort Rodd Hill and Fisgard Lighthouse National Historic Sites: These historic sites are located just 20 minutes from the airport and offer a glimpse into the military and maritime history of the area.
10. Victoria Distillery: This local distillery is located just 15 minutes from the airport and offers tours and tastings of their award-winning spirits.
History of Victoria International Airport
Victoria International Airport is located in the municipality of North Saanich, British Columbia, Canada. The airport was originally built in 1939 as a military airfield and was used by the Royal Canadian Air Force during World War II. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and was officially opened for commercial flights in 1946.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several renovations and expansions to accommodate the growing number of passengers. In 1989, a new terminal building was constructed, which increased the airport’s capacity to handle more than one million passengers annually. In 2019, the airport completed a major expansion project that included the construction of a new passenger terminal, additional parking, and improved runway facilities.
Today, Victoria International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Western Canada, serving over 1.9 million passengers annually. The airport is a hub for several major airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Alaska Airlines, and offers non-stop flights to destinations across Canada, the United States, and Mexico. The airport is also a major economic driver for the region, providing employment opportunities and contributing to the local economy.
Other Airports in British Columbia, Canada
- Abbotsford International Airport
- Alert Bay Airport
- Bella Coola Airport
- Blue River Airport
- Boundary Bay Airport
- Campbell River Airport
- Castlegar/West Kootenay Regional Airport
- Chetwynd Airport
- Comox Valley Airport / CFB Comox
- Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport
- Dawson Creek Airport
- Fort Nelson Airport
- Fort St John Airport
- Golden Airport
- Grand Forks Airport
- Hope Airport / FVRD Regional Airpark
- Kamloops Airport
- Kelowna International Airport
- Mackenzie Airport
- Masset Airport
- Nanaimo Airport
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Penticton Airport
- Port Hardy Airport
- Powell River Airport
- Prince George Airport
- Prince Rupert Airport
- Princeton Airport
- Quesnel Airport
- Revelstoke Airport
- Sandspit Airport
- Shuswap Regional Airport
- Smithers Airport
- Stewart Airport
- Texada Gillies Bay Airport
- Tofino / Long Beach Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Vernon Airport
- Victoria International Airport
- Williams Lake Airport