Waterloo Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the region for both business and leisure travelers, offering a range of domestic and international flights. The airport is conveniently located just a short drive from the city center and offers a range of amenities for travelers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Waterloo Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Waterloo Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Waterloo Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Waterloo Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Waterloo Airport
Waterloo Airport is located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by car, taxi, or public transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from Highway 85. Simply take the Northfield Drive exit and follow the signs to the airport. There is ample parking available at the airport for both short-term and long-term stays.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies in the area that offer service to the airport. You can call ahead to book a taxi or simply hail one on the street.
For those who prefer public transportation, there are several bus routes that stop at the airport. The Grand River Transit bus route 21A and 21B both stop at the airport, as well as the Greyhound bus service.
No matter how you choose to get to Waterloo Airport, be sure to allow plenty of time to get there and check in for your flight. With its convenient location and easy accessibility, Waterloo Airport is a great choice for travelers in the Waterloo area.
Waterloo Airport is a small regional airport located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. Despite its size, the airport offers a variety of transportation options for passengers to choose from. Here are some of the most popular Waterloo Airport transportation options:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can be hailed from the taxi stand located outside the terminal building. Taxis are a convenient option for those who want to get to their destination quickly and comfortably.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. Renting a car is a great option for those who want to explore the region on their own or have a lot of luggage to transport.
3. Shuttle service: Several shuttle services operate from the airport, offering shared or private rides to various destinations in the region. Some popular shuttle services include Red Car Service, Airways Transit, and Waterloo Taxi.
4. Public transportation: The Grand River Transit (GRT) bus system operates several routes that connect the airport to various parts of the city. The GRT bus stop is located outside the terminal building, and tickets can be purchased onboard.
5. Ride-sharing: Popular ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available at the airport. Passengers can request a ride using their smartphone app and be picked up at the designated ride-sharing pickup area.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Waterloo Airport is easy and convenient.
Waterloo Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here is a list of the car parking options available and where they are located:
1. Daily Parking Lot: Located directly across from the terminal building, the Daily Parking Lot is the closest parking option to the airport. It is ideal for short-term parking and offers hourly and daily rates.
2. Economy Parking Lot: Located a short distance from the terminal building, the Economy Parking Lot is a cost-effective option for travelers who need to park for an extended period. It offers daily and weekly rates.
3. Valet Parking: For travelers who want the ultimate convenience, Valet Parking is available at the terminal curbside. This service allows travelers to drop off their car and have it parked for them. Valet Parking is available for hourly and daily rates.
4. Cell Phone Lot: Located just minutes from the terminal building, the Cell Phone Lot is a free parking option for drivers who are waiting to pick up arriving passengers. Drivers can wait in their car until their passenger is ready to be picked up.
Overall, Waterloo Airport offers a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, there is a parking option available for you.
Car Rental at Waterloo Airport
Waterloo Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, the Main Terminal and the Executive Terminal. The Main Terminal is the larger of the two and serves commercial airlines such as WestJet and Flair Airlines. The Executive Terminal is smaller and caters to private and corporate aircraft.
The Main Terminal offers a range of amenities for passengers, including a restaurant, coffee shop, and gift shop. There is also free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, as well as charging stations for electronic devices. The terminal has a modern design and is easily accessible for passengers with disabilities.
The Executive Terminal offers a more exclusive experience for private and corporate travelers. The terminal has a lounge area with comfortable seating, a fireplace, and a bar. There are also meeting rooms available for business travelers. The Executive Terminal provides a range of services, including aircraft fueling, maintenance, and storage.
Overall, Waterloo Airport’s terminals provide a convenient and comfortable experience for travelers. Whether you are flying commercially or privately, the airport offers a range of amenities and services to make your journey as smooth as possible.
- Air Canada
- Air Transat
- Sunwing Airlines
- Flair Airlines
- Air North
- Air Creebec
- Porter Airlines
- Calm Air
- First Air
- PAL Airlines
Waterloo Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff. All passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before boarding their flight. This checkpoint includes a metal detector and X-ray machine for carry-on luggage. Any prohibited items found during the screening process will be confiscated.
In addition to the standard security measures, Waterloo Airport also employs trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and its surroundings. They are trained to identify and respond to any potential threats or suspicious behavior. The airport also has a closed-circuit television (CCTV) system that provides 24/7 surveillance of the airport.
Waterloo Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of the airport and its passengers. The airport has a dedicated police presence and works with the Waterloo Regional Police Service to conduct regular security drills and exercises.
Overall, Waterloo Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport is committed to maintaining the highest standards of security and continuously reviews and updates its protocols to ensure they are effective and up-to-date.
Waterloo Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a service that provides support and assistance to travelers at the Waterloo International Airport. This service is designed to help passengers navigate the airport and ensure that their travel experience is as smooth and stress-free as possible. The Traveler’s Assistance team is made up of trained professionals who are knowledgeable about the airport and its services.
The Traveler’s Assistance team can provide a range of services, including assistance with baggage, directions to airport facilities, and help with boarding and disembarking from flights. They can also provide information about flight schedules, airport amenities, and local transportation options. The team is available to assist travelers with disabilities or special needs, ensuring that they have access to the services and facilities they require.
Overall, Waterloo Airport Traveler’s Assistance is a valuable service that can help travelers feel more comfortable and confident during their airport experience. Whether you are a first-time traveler or a seasoned pro, the Traveler’s Assistance team is there to provide the support you need to make your journey as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Shops and Restaurants
Waterloo Airport is home to a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
– Hudson News: A newsstand offering a wide selection of magazines, books, snacks, and travel essentials.
– The Country Store: A gift shop offering souvenirs, apparel, and accessories.
– The Travel Store: A convenience store offering a variety of snacks, drinks, and travel necessities.
– The Airport Bistro: A full-service restaurant offering a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options.
– The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: A café offering specialty coffee drinks, teas, and pastries.
– The Burger Shack: A fast-food restaurant offering burgers, fries, and other classic American fare.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Waterloo Airport provides prayer rooms and worship areas for the convenience of its passengers and visitors. These areas are located in different parts of the airport terminal, and they are easily accessible to everyone.
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – This prayer room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the escalators. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers of all faiths. The room is equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other amenities to facilitate prayer and worship.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the baggage claim area. It is open 24/7 and is available for passengers who wish to pray or attend a religious service. The chapel is equipped with a podium, pews, and other amenities to facilitate worship.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the escalators. It is open 24/7 and is available for Muslim passengers who wish to pray. The room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and other amenities to facilitate prayer.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal, near the escalators. It is open 24/7 and is available for Jewish passengers who wish to pray. The room is equipped with prayer books, a Torah scroll, and other amenities to facilitate prayer.
Overall, Waterloo Airport provides a range of prayer rooms and worship areas to cater to the diverse religious needs of its passengers and visitors. These areas are well-maintained and easily accessible, ensuring that everyone can practice their faith in comfort and convenience.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Waterloo Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights. Here are some of the amenities available:
1. Free WiFi: Waterloo Airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet and check their emails, social media, or browse the web.
2. Charging Stations: The airport has charging stations located throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to charge their electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
3. Business Center: The airport has a business center equipped with workstations, printers, and fax machines, providing a quiet and comfortable space for passengers to work or conduct business.
4. Meeting Rooms: Waterloo Airport offers meeting rooms that can be rented by the hour or day, providing a professional space for business meetings, presentations, or interviews.
5. Lounge Area: The airport has a comfortable lounge area with seating, tables, and power outlets, providing a relaxing space for passengers to work or unwind before their flight.
6. Food and Beverage: The airport has a range of food and beverage options, including cafes, restaurants, and vending machines, providing passengers with a variety of options to grab a quick bite or a coffee while working or waiting for their flight.
Overall, Waterloo Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers can stay connected and productive while waiting for their flights.
- ALTitude Lounge: Located in the International Departures area of the terminal, this lounge offers comfortable seating, complimentary beverages, and snacks.
- Plaza Premium Lounge: Also located in the International Departures area, this lounge offers a wide range of amenities, including complimentary hot meals and snacks, as well as alcoholic beverages.
- Elevate Lounge: Located in the Domestic Departures area of the terminal, this lounge offers comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, complimentary beverages and snacks, and a selection of alcoholic drinks.
Accomodation Options Nearby Waterloo Airport
1. The Waterloo Airport Marriott Hotel: Located just steps away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms and suites, a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a restaurant.
2. Best Western Plus Waterloo: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers a complimentary breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and an indoor pool.
3. Comfort Inn Waterloo: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center.
4. Holiday Inn Express Waterloo: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and a fitness center.
5. Super 8 Waterloo: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from the airport and offers free Wi-Fi, a complimentary breakfast, and an indoor pool.
Waterloo Airport, located in the heart of Waterloo Region, offers easy access to a variety of attractions for visitors to enjoy. Here are some of the top attractions near Waterloo Airport:
1. St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market: Just a short drive from the airport, the St. Jacobs Farmers’ Market is a must-visit destination for foodies and shoppers alike. With over 300 vendors selling everything from fresh produce to handmade crafts, this market is a true gem.
2. Waterloo Park: This beautiful park is located just minutes from the airport and offers a variety of activities for visitors of all ages. From hiking trails and picnic areas to a splash pad and mini-golf course, there’s something for everyone at Waterloo Park.
3. The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery: This unique gallery showcases the work of Canadian artists who specialize in ceramics and glass. Visitors can view stunning exhibits and even take part in workshops and classes.
4. The Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics: This world-renowned research institute is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers free public lectures on a variety of topics related to physics and science.
5. The Waterloo Region Museum: This museum offers a fascinating look at the history of the region, with exhibits on everything from the early settlers to the technology of today. Visitors can also explore a recreated 1914 streetscape and take part in hands-on activities.
Whether you’re interested in shopping, outdoor activities, or cultural experiences, there’s plenty to see and do near Waterloo Airport.
History of Waterloo Airport
Waterloo Airport, also known as the Region of Waterloo International Airport, has a rich history dating back to the early 1900s. Originally, the airport was a small grass strip used for recreational flying. However, during World War II, the airport was taken over by the Royal Canadian Air Force and used as a training base for pilots.
After the war, the airport was returned to civilian use and underwent several upgrades and expansions. In the 1960s, a new terminal building was constructed, and in the 1980s, the runway was extended to accommodate larger aircraft. In 2003, the airport was officially renamed the Region of Waterloo International Airport to reflect its growing importance as a regional transportation hub.
Today, the airport serves over 500,000 passengers annually and is home to several airlines, including WestJet and Sunwing. It also serves as a hub for cargo and general aviation, with several businesses and organizations operating out of the airport. With ongoing expansion plans and a commitment to sustainability, the Region of Waterloo International Airport is poised to continue its growth and success for years to come.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport