Watson Lake Airport is a small regional airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. It serves as an important transportation hub for the surrounding communities and provides essential services for both commercial and private aircraft.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Watson Lake Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Watson Lake Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Watson Lake Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Watson Lake Airport
- Other Airports in Yukon, Canada
How to Get to Watson Lake Airport
Watson Lake Airport is located in the Yukon Territory of Canada and is accessible by both road and air. If you are traveling by car, the airport is located just off the Alaska Highway, approximately 7 kilometers east of the town of Watson Lake. Simply follow the signs for the airport and turn onto Airport Road.
If you are flying into Watson Lake Airport, there are several airlines that offer regular flights to and from the airport. These include Air North, Air Canada, and WestJet. Once you arrive at the airport, you can take a taxi or rent a car to get to your final destination.
If you are traveling to Watson Lake from outside of Canada, you will need to have a valid passport and any necessary visas or travel documents. It is also important to check the current travel restrictions and requirements due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Overall, getting to Watson Lake Airport is relatively straightforward and can be done by car or plane. With a little bit of planning and preparation, you can easily reach this remote and beautiful part of Canada.
Watson Lake Airport, located in the Yukon Territory of Canada, offers several transportation options for travelers. Here are some of the most popular ways to get to and from the airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and can take you to your destination in Watson Lake or surrounding areas. The fare will depend on your destination and the distance traveled.
2. Rental Cars: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Budget, National, and Avis. Renting a car is a great option if you plan on exploring the area on your own.
3. Shuttle Services: Some hotels in Watson Lake offer shuttle services to and from the airport. Check with your hotel to see if they offer this service.
4. Public Transportation: The Watson Lake Transit System offers bus service around town, including stops at the airport. The bus runs on a fixed schedule, so be sure to check the timetable before you arrive.
5. Private Car Services: Several private car services operate in the area and can be booked in advance. This is a great option if you want a more personalized experience or need to travel outside of regular business hours.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Watson Lake Airport is easy and convenient.
Watson Lake Airport offers convenient car parking options for travelers. There are two main parking areas located near the terminal building.
The first parking area is located directly in front of the terminal building and is designated for short-term parking. This area is ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers and need to park for a short period of time. The short-term parking area is free for the first 30 minutes, after which a fee of $2 per hour applies.
The second parking area is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is designated for long-term parking. This area is ideal for those who are traveling for an extended period of time and need to leave their car at the airport. The long-term parking area is secure and well-lit, providing peace of mind for travelers. The fee for long-term parking is $10 per day.
Both parking areas are easily accessible and well-maintained, ensuring a hassle-free parking experience for travelers. Whether you need to park for a short period of time or an extended period, Watson Lake Airport has you covered.
Car Rental at Watson Lake Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Rent a Car
- Hertz Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- National Car Rental
Watson Lake Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and one for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with basic amenities such as restrooms, a waiting area, and a small café. The international terminal is slightly larger and offers additional services such as customs and immigration facilities.
Both terminals at Watson Lake Airport are clean and well-maintained, with friendly staff available to assist passengers. The airport is serviced by several airlines, including Air Canada and WestJet, and offers flights to destinations across Canada and the United States. Despite its small size, the airport is an important transportation hub for the region, connecting travelers to remote communities and popular tourist destinations.
Overall, Watson Lake Airport is a convenient and efficient airport for travelers visiting the Yukon Territory. With two terminals and a range of services available, the airport provides a comfortable and hassle-free travel experience.
- Air North, Yukon’s Airline
- Air Tindi
- Kivalliq Air
- North Wright Air
Watson Lake Airport is a small airport located in the Yukon Territory of Canada. Despite its small size, the airport takes security very seriously. All passengers and their belongings are screened before boarding their flights. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their bags scanned for prohibited items.
In addition to these standard security measures, the airport also has a security team on site at all times. These trained professionals are responsible for monitoring the airport and ensuring that all passengers and staff are safe. They are also responsible for responding to any security incidents that may occur.
The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure that security protocols are up to date and effective. This includes regular training exercises and drills to prepare for potential security threats. Overall, Watson Lake Airport takes the safety and security of its passengers and staff very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and secure travel experience for all.
Watson Lake Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are available to provide assistance with everything from baggage handling to flight information and directions.
For passengers with special needs, Watson Lake Airport offers wheelchair assistance and other accessibility services. The airport also has a dedicated nursing room for mothers with young children, as well as a pet relief area for travelers with pets.
In addition, Watson Lake Airport provides a range of amenities to make the travel experience more comfortable and enjoyable. These include free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and a variety of dining and shopping options. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, Watson Lake Airport is committed to providing the highest level of traveler’s assistance to ensure a seamless and enjoyable travel experience.
Shops and Restaurants
Watson Lake Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants for travelers to enjoy.
-The Watson Lake Airport Gift Shop offers souvenirs, books, magazines, and snacks.
-The Watson Lake Airport Duty Free Shop offers a selection of duty-free items including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
-The Watson Lake Airport Café offers a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and beverages.
-The Watson Lake Airport Bar and Grill serves up a selection of pub-style favorites and drinks.
-The Watson Lake Airport Coffee Shop serves up specialty coffee drinks, pastries, and light snacks.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Watson Lake Airport, located in Yukon, Canada, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors. These areas are designed to provide a peaceful and quiet space for individuals to practice their faith and connect with their spirituality. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Watson Lake Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room: The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building. This room is open to people of all faiths and provides a quiet space for prayer, meditation, and reflection. The room is equipped with chairs, a prayer mat, and a bookshelf with religious texts.
2. Christian Worship Area: The Christian Worship Area is located on the first floor of the airport terminal building. This area is specifically designed for Christian worship and features a cross, a Bible, and chairs for seating. The area is open to all Christians who wish to pray or attend a service.
3. Indigenous Prayer Room: The Indigenous Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the airport terminal building. This room is designed for Indigenous people to connect with their spirituality and culture. The room features traditional Indigenous artwork and is equipped with chairs and a smudging bowl.
Overall, Watson Lake Airport provides a variety of prayer rooms and worship areas to accommodate the diverse spiritual needs of its passengers and visitors. These spaces offer a peaceful and welcoming environment for individuals to practice their faith and connect with their spirituality.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Watson Lake Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers, allowing them to stay connected with their friends, family, and work while waiting for their flights. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, ensuring that passengers can browse the internet, check their emails, and stream videos without any interruptions.
Workspace: The airport has a dedicated workspace area for passengers who need to work while waiting for their flights. The workspace area is equipped with comfortable chairs, tables, and power outlets, making it easy for passengers to work on their laptops or other electronic devices. The area is also quiet and peaceful, providing an ideal environment for concentration and productivity.
Meeting Rooms: For passengers who need to hold meetings or conduct business while at the airport, Watson Lake Airport offers meeting rooms that can be rented by the hour. The meeting rooms are equipped with modern audiovisual equipment, making it easy for passengers to conduct video conferences or presentations.
Overall, Watson Lake Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to provide passengers with a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights. Whether you need to work, browse the internet, or hold a meeting, the airport has everything you need to stay connected and productive.
- The Lounge at Watson Lake Airport: located in Watson Lake, Yukon, Canada.
- The Yukon Lounge: located in Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada.
- The Yukon Wilderness Lounge: located in Haines Junction, Yukon, Canada.
- The Whitehorse International Airport Lounge: located in Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada.
Accomodation Options Nearby Watson Lake Airport
1. Watson Lake Airport Hotel: Located just a few steps away from the airport, this hotel offers comfortable rooms and a variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and free Wi-Fi.
2. Watson Lake Airport Campground: This campground is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers tent and RV sites with full hookups.
3. Watson Lake Airport Lodge: This lodge is located just a few miles from the airport and offers a variety of rooms and suites, as well as a restaurant and bar.
4. Watson Lake Airport Bed & Breakfast: This bed and breakfast is located just a few miles from the airport and offers comfortable rooms and a variety of amenities, including a restaurant and bar.
5. Watson Lake Airport Hostel: This hostel is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers a variety of dorm-style rooms and amenities, including a restaurant and bar.
1. Watson Lake Signpost Forest: This iconic attraction is just a short drive from the airport and features over 75,000 signs from all over the world. Visitors can add their own sign to the collection or simply marvel at the sheer number of signs on display.
2. Northern Lights Space and Science Centre: Located in nearby Whitehorse, this science center offers interactive exhibits and planetarium shows that explore the wonders of the universe. Visitors can learn about space exploration, astronomy, and the Northern Lights.
3. Liard River Hot Springs: A natural wonder located about 2 hours from the airport, these hot springs offer a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. The hot springs are surrounded by beautiful scenery and are a popular spot for wildlife viewing.
4. Kluane National Park and Reserve: This stunning national park is located about 3 hours from the airport and is home to some of the highest peaks in North America. Visitors can hike, camp, and explore the park’s glaciers, lakes, and wildlife.
5. Miles Canyon: Located just outside of Whitehorse, this scenic canyon offers hiking trails, fishing, and stunning views of the Yukon River. Visitors can also learn about the history of the area and the role it played in the Klondike Gold Rush.
6. Yukon Beringia Interpretive Centre: This museum in Whitehorse explores the unique history and ecology of the Beringia region, which includes parts of Alaska, Yukon, and Siberia. Visitors can learn about the animals, plants, and people that have inhabited this area for thousands of years.
7. Takhini Hot Springs: Another popular hot springs destination, Takhini Hot Springs is located about 1.5 hours from the airport. Visitors can soak in the natural hot pools, take a dip in the cold plunge pool, or relax in the sauna.
History of Watson Lake Airport
Watson Lake Airport is located in the Yukon Territory of Canada and has a rich history dating back to the 1940s. The airport was originally built during World War II as a refueling stop for military aircraft traveling between Alaska and the lower 48 states. After the war, the airport was used for civilian purposes and became an important hub for the transportation of goods and people throughout the Yukon.
In the 1950s, the airport underwent significant upgrades to accommodate larger aircraft and to improve safety. This included the construction of a new runway and the installation of modern navigation and communication equipment. These improvements helped to make Watson Lake Airport one of the busiest airports in the Yukon and an important gateway to the rest of Canada.
Today, Watson Lake Airport continues to play an important role in the transportation of people and goods throughout the Yukon. The airport is served by several airlines and is a popular destination for tourists and outdoor enthusiasts. With its rich history and modern facilities, Watson Lake Airport is a vital part of the Yukon’s transportation infrastructure and a symbol of the region’s pioneering spirit.
Other Airports in Yukon, Canada
- Beaver Creek Airport
- Burwash Airport
- Dawson City Airport
- Faro Airport
- Haines Junction Airport
- Herschel Island Field
- Mayo Airport
- Old Crow Airport
- Ross River Airport
- Teslin Airport
- Watson Lake Airport
- Whitehorse / Erik Nielsen International Airport