Wewak International Airport is a major airport located in the town of Wewak, in the East Sepik Province of Papua New Guinea. It serves as a gateway to the Sepik River region and is an important hub for domestic and international flights. The airport is equipped with modern facilities and offers a comfortable travel experience to its passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Wewak International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Wewak International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Wewak International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Wewak International Airport
- Other Airports in East Sepik, Papua New Guinea
How to Get to Wewak International Airport
Wewak International Airport is located in the town of Boram, in the East Sepik Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport is the main gateway to the region and serves both domestic and international flights. There are several ways to get to Wewak International Airport, depending on your location and budget.
If you are coming from the town of Wewak, the easiest way to get to the airport is by taxi or private car. The journey takes around 20 minutes and the fare is usually negotiable. Alternatively, you can take a public bus or minibus from the town center to Boram, which is the closest town to the airport. The journey takes around 30 minutes and the fare is around 5 kina.
If you are coming from other parts of Papua New Guinea, you can take a domestic flight to Wewak International Airport. The airport is served by several airlines, including Air Niugini, PNG Air, and Link PNG. Flights are available from major cities such as Port Moresby, Lae, and Madang. Once you arrive at the airport, you can take a taxi or private car to your destination.
Overall, getting to Wewak International Airport is relatively easy and straightforward. Whether you are coming from the town of Wewak or other parts of Papua New Guinea, there are several options available to suit your needs and budget.
Wewak International Airport is located in the town of Wewak, in the East Sepik Province of Papua New Guinea. It is the main airport serving the region and offers a range of transportation options for travelers.
1. Taxis: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fares are negotiable, so it is advisable to agree on a price before getting into the taxi.
2. Airport Shuttle: The airport shuttle is a shared service that operates between the airport and the town center. It is a cost-effective option for travelers who do not want to take a taxi.
3. Car Rental: Several car rental companies operate at the airport, offering a range of vehicles to suit different needs and budgets. It is advisable to book in advance to ensure availability.
4. Public Transport: Public transport is available outside the airport terminal, with buses and minibusses operating to various destinations in the region. However, this option may not be suitable for travelers with a lot of luggage.
5. Hotel Transfers: Many hotels in the area offer airport transfers for their guests. It is advisable to check with your hotel before arrival to arrange for a transfer.
In conclusion, Wewak International Airport offers a range of transportation options to suit different needs and budgets. Travelers can choose from taxis, airport shuttles, car rentals, public transport, and hotel transfers to get to their destination.
Wewak International Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. The car parks are conveniently located near the airport terminal, making it easy for passengers to park their vehicles and access the airport.
1. Short-term parking: This car park is located directly in front of the airport terminal and is ideal for passengers who need to park for a few hours or a day. The short-term parking rates are affordable and offer a convenient option for those dropping off or picking up passengers.
2. Long-term parking: The long-term parking area is located a short distance from the airport terminal and is ideal for passengers who need to park for an extended period. The long-term parking rates are competitive and offer a secure and convenient option for travelers.
3. Disabled parking: The airport offers designated disabled parking spaces located near the airport terminal for passengers with disabilities. These spaces are easily accessible and provide a convenient option for disabled passengers.
4. Valet parking: The airport also offers valet parking services for passengers who prefer a more convenient parking option. The valet parking service is located near the airport terminal and offers a hassle-free parking experience for travelers.
Overall, Wewak International Airport offers a range of car parking options to suit the needs of all travelers. Whether you need short-term or long-term parking, disabled parking, or valet parking, the airport has you covered.
Car Rental at Wewak International Airport
- Avis Wewak International Airport
- Budget Wewak International Airport
- Thrifty Wewak International Airport
- Europcar Wewak International Airport
- Sixt Wewak International Airport
- Hertz Wewak International Airport
Wewak International Airport is located in the town of Wewak, in the East Sepik Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport has two terminals, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights. The domestic terminal is a small building with basic facilities, including a waiting area, check-in counters, and a small café. The international terminal is a larger building with more amenities, including duty-free shops, restaurants, and a VIP lounge.
The international terminal at Wewak International Airport is modern and well-equipped, with a range of facilities to make passengers’ journeys more comfortable. The terminal has a spacious waiting area with comfortable seating, as well as a range of shops and restaurants where passengers can buy food, drinks, and souvenirs. There is also a VIP lounge for passengers who require extra privacy and comfort.
Overall, Wewak International Airport’s terminals are clean, well-maintained, and provide a comfortable experience for passengers. The airport staff are friendly and helpful, and the facilities are adequate for the size of the airport. While the domestic terminal is basic, the international terminal offers a range of amenities that make it a pleasant place to wait for a flight.
- Air Niugini: Air Niugini is the national airline of Papua New Guinea, and offers flights to and from Wewak International Airport.
- Air Vanuatu: Air Vanuatu is the national airline of Vanuatu, and offers flights to and from Wewak International Airport.
- Cobham Aviation Services Australia: Cobham Aviation Services Australia offers flights to and from Wewak International Airport.
- Air Kalstar: Air Kalstar is a regional airline based in Indonesia, and offers flights to and from Wewak International Airport.
- VanAir: VanAir is an airline based in Vanuatu, and offers flights to and from Wewak International Airport.
Wewak International Airport is a small airport located in the East Sepik Province of Papua New Guinea. Despite its size, the airport has implemented strict security protocols to ensure the safety of passengers and staff.
All passengers and their luggage are screened before entering the airport terminal. This includes a thorough check of all carry-on and checked baggage, as well as a body scan for each passenger. Any prohibited items, such as weapons or explosives, are immediately confiscated.
In addition to the screening process, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the terminal and surrounding areas. They are equipped with advanced technology, including CCTV cameras and metal detectors, to detect any suspicious activity.
The airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of the airport and its passengers. This includes regular patrols of the airport perimeter and surrounding areas.
Overall, Wewak International Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a comprehensive set of protocols to ensure the safety of all those who pass through its doors.
Wewak International Airport is a small airport located in the town of Wewak, Papua New Guinea. Despite its size, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience for its passengers.
One of the most important services offered at Wewak International Airport is baggage handling. Passengers can expect their luggage to be handled with care and delivered promptly to the baggage claim area. Additionally, the airport provides assistance to passengers with special needs, such as those with disabilities or elderly travelers. Wheelchairs and other mobility aids are available upon request, and airport staff are trained to provide assistance as needed.
For those who need to exchange currency, Wewak International Airport has a currency exchange booth located in the terminal building. Passengers can also access free Wi-Fi throughout the airport, making it easy to stay connected while waiting for a flight.
Overall, Wewak International Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a comfortable and stress-free travel experience for its passengers. From baggage handling to currency exchange and assistance for those with special needs, the airport is committed to providing top-notch service to all who pass through its doors.
Shops and Restaurants
Wewak International Airport is a small airport located in the town of Wewak, Papua New Guinea. Despite its size, the airport offers a few options for shopping and dining.
1. Duty-Free Shop – The airport has a duty-free shop where passengers can purchase a variety of items such as alcohol, tobacco, perfumes, and cosmetics. The shop also offers souvenirs and local handicrafts.
2. Coffee Shop – There is a small coffee shop located in the airport terminal where passengers can grab a quick snack or a cup of coffee before their flight.
3. Snack Bar – The airport also has a snack bar that serves a variety of snacks and light meals such as sandwiches, burgers, and fries.
4. Gift Shop – The airport’s gift shop offers a range of souvenirs and local handicrafts, including traditional carvings, woven baskets, and jewelry.
5. Convenience Store – The airport has a small convenience store where passengers can purchase basic necessities such as toiletries, snacks, and drinks.
Overall, while the options for shopping and dining at Wewak International Airport may be limited, passengers can still find a few options to satisfy their needs before their flight.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Wewak International Airport, located in Papua New Guinea, offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at the airport:
1. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located on the ground floor of the airport terminal, near the check-in counters. It is open 24/7 and offers a peaceful space for Christian passengers to pray and reflect.
2. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. It is open 24/7 and provides a clean and quiet space for Muslim passengers to perform their daily prayers.
3. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – The Multi-Faith Prayer Room is located on the first floor of the airport terminal, near the departure gates. It is open 24/7 and welcomes passengers of all faiths to pray and meditate in a peaceful environment.
All of the prayer rooms and worship areas at Wewak International Airport are well-maintained and equipped with prayer mats, religious texts, and other necessary facilities. Passengers are encouraged to use these spaces for their spiritual needs and to respect the religious practices of others.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Wewak International Airport is a modern airport located in the town of Wewak, Papua New Guinea. The airport offers a range of facilities to make your travel experience comfortable and convenient. If you are a business traveler or someone who needs to stay connected while on the go, you will be pleased to know that the airport offers WiFi and workspace facilities.
Wewak International Airport provides free WiFi to all passengers. The WiFi network is available throughout the airport, including the departure lounge, arrival area, and other public areas. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, allowing you to stay connected with your family, friends, and colleagues while waiting for your flight.
Wewak International Airport offers a range of workspace facilities for business travelers. The airport has a business center that provides a quiet and comfortable environment for work. The business center is equipped with desks, chairs, and power outlets, allowing you to work on your laptop or mobile device. The business center also has a printer, scanner, and photocopier, which you can use to print or scan documents.
In addition to the business center, the airport also has a VIP lounge that provides a more exclusive workspace for business travelers. The VIP lounge is equipped with comfortable seating, power outlets, and free WiFi. The lounge also offers complimentary snacks and beverages, allowing you to relax and recharge before your flight.
Overall, Wewak International Airport offers excellent WiFi and workspace facilities for travelers. Whether you are a business traveler or someone who needs to stay connected while on the go, you will find the airport’s facilities to be convenient and comfortable.
- PNG Air Lounge Wewak: Located in the Arrival Hall of the Wewak International Airport.
- Air Niugini Lounge Wewak: Located in the Departure Hall of the Wewak International Airport.
- Qantas International Lounge Wewak: Located in the Departure Hall of the Wewak International Airport.
Accomodation Options Nearby Wewak International Airport
Wewak International Airport offers a range of accommodation options for travelers who need to stay near the airport. These options include:
1. Airport Hotel: The airport hotel is located just a few minutes’ walk from the terminal building. It offers comfortable rooms with modern amenities such as air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs. The hotel also has a restaurant and bar, as well as meeting and conference facilities.
2. Guesthouses: There are several guesthouses located near the airport that offer affordable accommodation options. These guesthouses typically offer basic amenities such as air conditioning, Wi-Fi, and shared bathrooms. Some guesthouses also offer meals and laundry services.
3. Homestays: For travelers who want a more authentic experience, homestays are available in the nearby villages. These homestays offer a chance to experience the local culture and way of life. They typically offer basic amenities such as a bed, mosquito net, and shared bathroom facilities.
4. Camping: For travelers who prefer to be closer to nature, camping is an option. There are several campsites located near the airport that offer basic facilities such as toilets and showers. Camping equipment can be rented from local providers.
Overall, Wewak International Airport offers a range of accommodation options to suit different budgets and preferences. Whether you prefer a comfortable hotel room or a more authentic homestay experience, there is something for everyone.
Wewak International Airport is located in the town of Wewak, which is situated on the northern coast of Papua New Guinea. This area is known for its stunning natural beauty and rich cultural heritage, making it a popular destination for tourists. Here are some of the top attractions near Wewak International Airport:
1. Sepik River: The Sepik River is one of the longest rivers in Papua New Guinea and is home to a diverse range of flora and fauna. Visitors can take a boat tour along the river to see traditional villages, wildlife, and stunning scenery.
2. Wewak Hill: Wewak Hill is a popular spot for hiking and offers panoramic views of the town and surrounding coastline. Visitors can also explore the World War II relics and memorials located on the hill.
3. Lorengau Market: The Lorengau Market is a bustling local market where visitors can find fresh produce, handmade crafts, and traditional clothing. It’s a great place to experience the local culture and interact with the friendly locals.
4. Cape Wom: Cape Wom is a beautiful beach located just a short drive from Wewak. Visitors can relax on the white sand beach, swim in the crystal-clear water, and enjoy the stunning views of the coastline.
5. East Sepik Provincial Museum: The East Sepik Provincial Museum is located in Wewak and showcases the rich cultural heritage of the region. Visitors can learn about the traditional art, music, and customs of the local people.
Overall, Wewak International Airport is a gateway to some of the most beautiful and culturally rich areas of Papua New Guinea. Whether you’re interested in nature, history, or local culture, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in this stunning part of the world.
History of Wewak International Airport
Wewak International Airport is located in the town of Wewak, in the East Sepik Province of Papua New Guinea. The airport was originally built during World War II by the Japanese, who used it as a military airfield. After the war, the airport was taken over by the Australian government and used as a civilian airport.
In the 1970s, the airport underwent a major expansion, with the construction of a new terminal building and runway. The airport was officially opened as Wewak International Airport in 1975, coinciding with Papua New Guinea’s independence from Australia.
Today, Wewak International Airport serves as an important gateway to the East Sepik Province, providing connections to other major cities in Papua New Guinea and international destinations. The airport is operated by the National Airports Corporation and is equipped with modern facilities, including a VIP lounge, duty-free shops, and restaurants. Despite its small size, Wewak International Airport plays a vital role in the economic and social development of the region, facilitating trade, tourism, and other forms of commerce.
Other Airports in East Sepik, Papua New Guinea
- Ama Airport
- Ambunti Airport
- Anangalo Airstrip
- Angoram Airport
- April River Airport
- Bisorio Airstrip
- Brugam Airstrip
- Bunam Airstrip
- Eleme Airstrip
- Frieda River Airport
- Geigorobi Airstrip
- Hauna Airstrip
- Hayfields Airport
- Hotmin Airstrip
- Inaru Airstrip
- Iropena Airstrip
- Iteri Airstrip
- Jangit Airstrip
- Kairiru Airstrip
- Kapaimeri Airstrip
- Karawari Airstrip
- Kirinbit Airstrip
- Klauhau Airstrip
- Kosimbi Airstrip
- Malamaunda Airstrip
- May River Airstrip
- Mirsey Airstrip
- Munduku Airport
- Nugwaia Airstrip
- Oum Airstrip
- Pukapuki Airstrip
- Samban Airstrip
- Sangera Airstrip
- Sepik Plains Airport
- Slai Airstrip
- Sumwari Airstrip
- Tamo Airstrip
- Timbunke Airport
- Tinboli Airport
- Torembi Airport
- Wewak International Airport
- Yagrombok Airstrip
- Yawa Airstrip