Wiarton Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the Bruce Peninsula and surrounding areas, offering commercial and general aviation services. The airport is equipped with a 5,000-foot runway and modern facilities to accommodate passengers and aircraft.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Wiarton Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Wiarton Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Wiarton Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Wiarton Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Wiarton Airport
Wiarton Airport is located in the town of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. The airport is easily accessible by car, bus, or taxi. If you are driving, take Highway 6 to Wiarton and follow the signs to the airport. The airport is located just off the highway and is clearly marked. There is ample parking available at the airport.
If you are taking public transportation, there are several bus routes that serve the airport. The Greyhound bus line has a stop in Wiarton, and there are also local bus services that run to the airport. Check with the local transit authority for schedules and fares.
If you prefer to take a taxi, there are several taxi companies that serve the Wiarton area. You can arrange for a taxi to pick you up at your location and take you directly to the airport. Be sure to book your taxi in advance to ensure availability.
In summary, getting to Wiarton Airport is easy and convenient. Whether you are driving, taking public transportation, or a taxi, there are plenty of options available to get you to the airport on time for your flight.
Wiarton Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. While it may not have as many transportation options as larger airports, there are still several ways to get to and from the airport.
1. Taxi: Taxis are available at the airport and can take you to your destination in Wiarton or the surrounding areas. You can book a taxi in advance or simply hail one upon arrival.
2. Car rental: Several car rental companies have offices at the airport, including Enterprise and Budget. Renting a car is a convenient option if you plan on exploring the area during your stay.
3. Shuttle service: Some hotels and resorts in the area offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Check with your accommodation to see if they offer this service.
4. Public transportation: There is no public transportation directly to the airport, but you can take a bus or train to nearby cities like Owen Sound or Sauble Beach and then take a taxi or rental car to the airport.
5. Private transportation: Private transportation companies like Uber and Lyft are not available in the area, but there are several local companies that offer private transportation services. You can book these services in advance or upon arrival at the airport.
No matter which transportation option you choose, be sure to plan ahead and book in advance to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience.
Wiarton Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the details of each parking lot and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking Lot: This parking lot is located right in front of the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for a few hours or a day. The parking rate is $3 per hour or $15 per day.
2. Long-Term Parking Lot: This parking lot is located a short walk away from the terminal building and is perfect for those who need to park for an extended period. The parking rate is $10 per day or $50 per week.
3. Oversized Vehicle Parking Lot: This parking lot is located near the long-term parking lot and is designed for oversized vehicles such as RVs, buses, and trucks. The parking rate is $20 per day or $100 per week.
4. Valet Parking: Wiarton Airport also offers valet parking services for travelers who want to save time and hassle. The valet parking area is located in front of the terminal building, and the parking rate is $25 per day.
All parking lots at Wiarton Airport are secure and well-lit, and the airport provides shuttle services to and from the long-term and oversized vehicle parking lots. Travelers can pay for parking using cash, credit card, or debit card.
Car Rental at Wiarton Airport
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- Hertz Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
Wiarton Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. The airport has two terminals, one for passenger flights and the other for cargo operations. The passenger terminal is a modern facility that offers a range of services to travelers, including check-in counters, baggage handling, and security screening. The terminal also has a waiting area with comfortable seating, vending machines, and restrooms.
The cargo terminal at Wiarton Airport is a vital hub for the transportation of goods in the region. The facility is equipped with loading docks, forklifts, and other equipment necessary for the efficient handling of cargo. The terminal is staffed by experienced personnel who are trained in the safe and secure handling of all types of cargo, including hazardous materials.
Overall, the Wiarton Airport terminals are well-maintained and provide a high level of service to both passengers and cargo customers. The airport is an important transportation hub for the region, connecting travelers and businesses to destinations across Canada and beyond. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, the Wiarton Airport terminals offer a convenient and efficient way to get to your destination.
- Air Canada Express operated by Jazz Aviation LP
- WestJet Encore operated by WestJet Encore
- Porter Airlines operated by Porter Aviation Holdings
Wiarton Airport is a small regional airport located in the town of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. The airport serves as an important transportation hub for the region, connecting passengers to various destinations across the country. As with any airport, security is a top priority at Wiarton Airport, and the airport has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff.
One of the key security protocols at Wiarton Airport is the use of screening equipment to detect any potential threats. All passengers and their luggage are screened before boarding their flights, using state-of-the-art equipment that can detect any prohibited items or substances. In addition, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security threats.
Another important security protocol at Wiarton Airport is the use of access control measures to restrict entry to certain areas of the airport. Only authorized personnel are allowed to enter certain areas of the airport, such as the runway and the baggage handling area. This helps to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive areas of the airport and ensures that only authorized personnel are able to handle luggage and other items.
Overall, Wiarton Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented a number of protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. These protocols include screening equipment, access control measures, and a team of trained security personnel who are responsible for monitoring the airport and responding to any security threats.
Wiarton Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience for all passengers. These services include baggage assistance, wheelchair accessibility, and special assistance for passengers with disabilities or medical conditions.
Baggage assistance is available to help passengers with their luggage from the check-in counter to the boarding gate. This service is particularly helpful for those with heavy or bulky bags. Passengers with disabilities or mobility issues can also request wheelchair assistance, which is provided by trained staff members.
For passengers with medical conditions or disabilities, Wiarton Airport offers special assistance to ensure their comfort and safety throughout their journey. This includes assistance with boarding and disembarking, as well as any necessary medical equipment or medications.
Overall, Wiarton Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel as easy and stress-free as possible for all passengers. Whether you need help with your bags, require wheelchair assistance, or have a medical condition that requires special attention, the airport’s staff is committed to providing the support you need to enjoy a comfortable and safe journey.
Shops and Restaurants
Wiarton Airport offers a variety of shops and restaurants to make your travel experience more enjoyable.
– Wiarton Airport Gift Shop: Offers a wide selection of souvenirs and gifts.
– Wiarton Airport Newsstand: Stocks a variety of magazines, newspapers, and snacks.
– Wiarton Airport Duty Free: Offers a selection of duty-free items, including liquor, tobacco, and cosmetics.
– Wiarton Airport Cafe: Serves a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, and beverages.
– Wiarton Airport Bar & Grill: Offers a selection of pub-style food and drinks.
– Wiarton Airport Deli: Offers freshly-made sandwiches, salads, and other light meals.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
1. Wiarton Airport Chapel: Located in the main terminal building of Wiarton Airport, the Wiarton Airport Chapel offers a peaceful and comfortable space for prayer and contemplation. The chapel is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and provides a quiet place for individuals of any faith to come and practice their religion.
2. Wiarton Airport Prayer Room: Located in the main terminal building of Wiarton Airport, the prayer room provides a designated space for prayer and worship. The prayer room is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is a comfortable and quiet area where individuals of any faith can come and practice their religion.
3. Wiarton Airport Multi-faith Worship Centre: Located in the main terminal building of Wiarton Airport, the Multi-faith Worship Centre is a multi-faith worship space that is open to individuals of any faith. The worship centre is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and provides a quiet and comfortable space for prayer and worship.
4. Wiarton Airport Meditation Room: Located in the main terminal building of Wiarton Airport, the Meditation Room is an area for prayer and contemplation for individuals of any faith. The meditation room is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and provides a quiet and peaceful space for individuals to practice their religion.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Wiarton Airport offers free WiFi to all passengers and visitors. The WiFi network is accessible throughout the airport terminal and provides high-speed internet connectivity. Whether you need to check your emails, browse the web, or stream your favorite content, you can do so seamlessly with the airport’s WiFi service.
In addition to WiFi, Wiarton Airport also offers workspace facilities for travelers who need to work or study while waiting for their flight. The airport has a dedicated business center that provides a quiet and comfortable environment for work. The business center is equipped with desks, chairs, power outlets, and lighting, making it an ideal space for productivity.
Moreover, the airport has a lounge area where passengers can relax and unwind before their flight. The lounge area is equipped with comfortable seating, charging stations, and a TV, providing a comfortable space to catch up on work or simply relax.
Overall, Wiarton Airport provides excellent WiFi and workspace facilities, making it an ideal airport for business travelers and digital nomads.
- The Sky Lounge at Wiarton Airport – Located in the main terminal, on the second floor.
- The Hub Lounge at Wiarton Airport – Located in the main terminal, on the first floor.
- The Flight Deck Lounge at Wiarton Airport – Located in the main terminal, on the third floor.
Accomodation Options Nearby Wiarton Airport
1. Wiarton Airport Inn: Located just a few minutes away from the airport, this inn offers comfortable rooms with free Wi-Fi and a complimentary breakfast.
2. Wiarton Airport Motel: This motel is located directly across the street from the airport and offers a variety of room types, including family suites and pet-friendly rooms.
3. Wiarton Airport Bed & Breakfast: This bed and breakfast is located a short drive away from the airport and offers cozy rooms with private bathrooms and a complimentary breakfast.
4. Wiarton Airport Campground: This campground is located a few miles away from the airport and offers a variety of camping sites, including RV sites and tent sites.
Wiarton Airport is located in the beautiful Bruce Peninsula region of Ontario, Canada, and is surrounded by many natural and cultural attractions. Here are some of the top attractions near Wiarton Airport:
1. Bruce Peninsula National Park: This stunning national park is just a short drive from Wiarton Airport and offers visitors a chance to explore the rugged coastline, crystal-clear waters, and lush forests of the Bruce Peninsula. Hiking trails, beaches, and scenic lookouts are just a few of the highlights.
2. Fathom Five National Marine Park: Located just off the coast of the Bruce Peninsula, this marine park is home to some of the best shipwreck diving in the world. Visitors can also explore the underwater caves and rock formations, or take a glass-bottom boat tour to see the marine life up close.
3. Sauble Beach: This popular beach town is just a 20-minute drive from Wiarton Airport and offers visitors a chance to relax on the sandy shores of Lake Huron. The beach is over 11 km long and is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
4. Wiarton Willie Statue: This famous groundhog statue is located in the heart of Wiarton and is a popular photo spot for visitors. The statue commemorates Wiarton Willie, a local groundhog who gained national fame for his weather predictions.
5. Grey Roots Museum and Archives: This museum showcases the history and culture of Grey County, including exhibits on agriculture, industry, and First Nations history. Visitors can also explore the archives and genealogy resources.
6. Georgian Bay Islands National Park: This stunning park is located just a short boat ride from the Bruce Peninsula and offers visitors a chance to explore the islands and waterways of Georgian Bay. Hiking, camping, and boating are popular activities.
7. Owen Sound Farmers’ Market: This vibrant market is open year-round and features local produce, artisanal goods, and live music. Visitors can sample fresh baked goods, cheeses, and meats, or pick up a unique souvenir to take home.
Overall, Wiarton Airport is surrounded by a wealth of natural and cultural attractions that are sure to delight visitors of all ages and interests.
History of Wiarton Airport
Wiarton Airport, also known as Wiarton-Keppel International Airport, is a small airport located in the town of Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. The airport was established in 1941 as a military airfield during World War II. It was used as a training base for the Royal Canadian Air Force and the Royal Air Force. After the war, the airport was converted into a civilian airport and was opened to the public in 1947.
Over the years, the airport has undergone several upgrades and renovations to improve its facilities and services. In 1967, a new terminal building was constructed, and in 1999, the runway was extended to accommodate larger aircraft. Today, the airport serves as an important transportation hub for the Bruce Peninsula region, providing commercial and general aviation services to the local community and visitors.
Wiarton Airport has played a significant role in the history of aviation in Canada. It has been a training ground for many pilots and has contributed to the growth and development of the aviation industry in the country. The airport has also been a vital link for the transportation of goods and services to remote areas of the Bruce Peninsula. With its rich history and continued growth, Wiarton Airport remains an important asset to the region and the aviation industry as a whole.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport