Windsor Airport is a regional airport located in the city of Windsor, Ontario, Canada. It serves as a gateway to the region and provides convenient access to destinations throughout North America. The airport offers a range of services and amenities to ensure a comfortable and efficient travel experience for passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Windsor Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Windsor Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Windsor Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Windsor Airport
- Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
How to Get to Windsor Airport
Windsor Airport is located in the city of Windsor, Ontario, Canada. There are several ways to get to the airport, depending on your location and mode of transportation.
If you are driving, the airport is easily accessible from Highway 401. Take the exit for Highway 3 and follow the signs for the airport. There is ample parking available at the airport, including short-term and long-term options.
If you are taking public transportation, there are several bus routes that serve the airport. The Transit Windsor 8, 42, and 77 routes all stop at the airport. You can also take a taxi or ride-sharing service to the airport.
If you are arriving from out of town, the airport is served by several airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Porter Airlines. There are also several car rental companies located at the airport, making it easy to rent a car and explore the surrounding area.
Overall, getting to Windsor Airport is easy and convenient, whether you are driving, taking public transportation, or arriving by plane. With plenty of parking, transportation options, and airline choices, it’s a great choice for travelers in the Windsor area.
Windsor Airport, located in Ontario, Canada, offers various transportation options for travelers to reach their destination. Here are some of the transportation options available at Windsor Airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. The taxi fare is metered and varies depending on the destination.
2. Car Rental: Several car rental companies have their counters at the airport terminal, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. You can rent a car and drive yourself to your destination.
3. Shuttle Service: Shuttle services are available to take you to your hotel or any other destination in the city. You can book a shuttle service in advance or at the airport.
4. Public Transit: Windsor Transit operates a bus service from the airport to the downtown area. The bus stop is located outside the airport terminal, and the fare is affordable.
5. Limousine Service: Limousine services are available for those who want to travel in style. You can book a limousine service in advance or at the airport.
6. Ride-Sharing Services: Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are available at Windsor Airport. You can book a ride through their mobile app and get picked up from the airport.
No matter which transportation option you choose, Windsor Airport offers convenient and reliable services to help you reach your destination.
Windsor Airport offers several car parking options for travelers. Here are the different parking options and their locations:
1. Short-Term Parking: This parking lot is located directly in front of the terminal building, making it the most convenient option for those who are dropping off or picking up passengers. The first 30 minutes are free, and the hourly rate is $3.50.
2. Long-Term Parking: This parking lot is located just a short walk from the terminal building and is ideal for those who need to park for an extended period. The daily rate is $14, and the weekly rate is $70.
3. Economy Parking: This parking lot is located a bit further from the terminal building, but a free shuttle service is available to take passengers to and from the airport. The daily rate is $10, and the weekly rate is $50.
4. Valet Parking: This parking option is perfect for those who want the ultimate convenience. A valet attendant will park your car for you, and it will be waiting for you when you return. The daily rate is $25, and the weekly rate is $125.
No matter which parking option you choose, Windsor Airport makes it easy to park your car and get to your destination quickly and efficiently.
Car Rental at Windsor Airport
Windsor Airport is a small regional airport located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. The airport has one terminal building that serves both domestic and international flights. The terminal is modern and well-equipped with all the necessary amenities for travelers. It is designed to provide a comfortable and convenient experience for passengers.
The terminal building at Windsor Airport has a spacious and bright interior with plenty of seating areas. It has a variety of shops, restaurants, and cafes that offer a range of food and beverage options. Passengers can also find duty-free shops, newsstands, and gift shops for last-minute purchases. The airport also provides free Wi-Fi, charging stations, and business centers for travelers who need to work or stay connected.
Windsor Airport has a dedicated area for check-in and security screening. The airport has a fast and efficient security process, which ensures that passengers can get through the screening quickly. The airport also has a baggage claim area that is easily accessible and well-organized. Passengers can collect their luggage and exit the airport in a timely manner.
Overall, Windsor Airport’s terminal building is a modern and well-designed facility that provides a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. The airport’s amenities and services are designed to meet the needs of passengers, and the airport staff is friendly and helpful. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, Windsor Airport’s terminal building is a great place to start your journey.
- Air Canada
- Sunwing Airlines
- Air Transat
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
- Porter Airlines
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Windsor Airport takes security very seriously and has implemented several protocols to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. All passengers are required to go through a security screening process before boarding their flight. This includes passing through metal detectors and having their carry-on luggage scanned for prohibited items. Any items that are not allowed on the plane will be confiscated.
In addition to the standard security screening process, Windsor Airport also has a team of trained security personnel who monitor the airport and its surroundings. They are responsible for identifying and responding to any potential security threats. The airport also has a closed-circuit television system that provides 24/7 surveillance of the airport and its perimeter.
Windsor Airport also works closely with local law enforcement agencies to ensure the safety of its passengers and staff. The airport has a dedicated police presence on-site, and all airport employees undergo background checks before they are hired. These measures help to ensure that only authorized personnel have access to secure areas of the airport.
Overall, Windsor Airport’s security protocols are designed to provide a safe and secure environment for all passengers and staff. The airport takes security seriously and is committed to ensuring that all travelers can fly with confidence.
Windsor Airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services to ensure a smooth and stress-free travel experience. The airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to provide assistance and answer any questions travelers may have.
One of the key services offered by Windsor Airport is wheelchair assistance. The airport has a fleet of wheelchairs available for travelers who require assistance getting around the airport. The staff are trained to provide safe and comfortable assistance to travelers with mobility issues.
Another important service offered by Windsor Airport is language assistance. The airport has staff members who are fluent in a range of languages, including French and Spanish. This ensures that travelers who do not speak English as their first language can still receive the assistance they need.
Windsor Airport also offers assistance to travelers with special needs, such as those with hearing or visual impairments. The airport has a range of equipment available, including hearing loops and visual aids, to ensure that all travelers can navigate the airport safely and comfortably.
Overall, Windsor Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are designed to make travel as easy and stress-free as possible. Whether you require wheelchair assistance, language assistance, or special needs assistance, the airport’s friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to help.
Shops and Restaurants
1. Tim Hortons: This popular Canadian coffee shop offers a variety of hot and cold beverages, as well as breakfast and lunch items.
2. Booster Juice: Enjoy a delicious smoothie or fresh juice made with natural ingredients.
3. Subway: Get your favorite sandwich or salad made just the way you like it.
4. Burger King: Enjoy a flame-grilled Whopper or other classic fast food favorites.
5. Hudson News: Pick up a magazine, book, or snack before your flight.
6. The Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Enjoy a delicious steak or seafood dinner before your flight.
7. Starbucks: Get your favorite coffee or tea drink, as well as breakfast and lunch items.
8. A&W: Enjoy a classic burger and fries or a root beer float.
9. The Beer Store: Pick up a six-pack of your favorite beer or cider.
10. Duty Free: Shop for luxury items such as jewelry, watches, and cosmetics.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Windsor Airport offers prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or engage in spiritual activities. These areas are located in different parts of the airport terminal, and they are easily accessible to everyone. Here are the prayer rooms and worship areas available at Windsor Airport:
1. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – This room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available to people of all faiths. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a washroom.
2. Christian Chapel – The Christian Chapel is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available to all Christians who wish to pray or attend a service. The chapel is equipped with a podium, chairs, and a washroom.
3. Muslim Prayer Room – The Muslim Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available to Muslims who wish to pray. The room is equipped with prayer mats, chairs, and a washroom.
4. Jewish Prayer Room – The Jewish Prayer Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available to Jews who wish to pray. The room is equipped with prayer books, chairs, and a washroom.
5. Meditation Room – The Meditation Room is located on the second floor of the terminal building, near the security checkpoint. It is open 24/7 and is available to anyone who wishes to meditate or engage in quiet reflection. The room is equipped with chairs and a washroom.
In conclusion, Windsor Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers and visitors who wish to practice their faith or engage in spiritual activities. These areas are located in different parts of the terminal building and are easily accessible to everyone.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Windsor Airport offers several WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
The airport provides free WiFi access to all passengers. The WiFi network is available throughout the terminal building and provides high-speed internet connectivity. Passengers can easily connect to the network by selecting the “Windsor Airport” network on their devices and following the on-screen instructions.
Windsor Airport has a dedicated business center that offers a range of workspace facilities to passengers. The business center is located on the second floor of the terminal building and is equipped with comfortable seating, workstations, and charging points. Passengers can use the workspace facilities to catch up on work, check emails, or simply relax before their flight.
In addition to the business center, the airport also has several seating areas with power outlets located throughout the terminal building. These areas provide passengers with a comfortable space to work or charge their devices while waiting for their flights.
Overall, Windsor Airport’s WiFi and workspace facilities are designed to provide passengers with a convenient and productive experience. Whether you need to catch up on work or simply want to stay connected, the airport has everything you need to make the most of your time at the airport.
- Aspire Airport Lounge – Located in the International Departures area at the Windsor Airport
- Escape Lounge – Located in the International Departures area at the Windsor Airport
- The Lounge – Located in the International Departures area at the Windsor Airport
- Sterling Executive Lounge – Located in the Domestic Departures area at the Windsor Airport
Accomodation Options Nearby Windsor Airport
1. The Holiday Inn Express Windsor Waterfront: Located just minutes away from Windsor Airport, this hotel offers comfortable, modern accommodations with a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a business center.
2. Comfort Inn & Suites Airport: This hotel is located just a few minutes away from Windsor Airport, and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a business center.
3. Best Western Plus Waterfront Hotel: This hotel is located a short distance from Windsor Airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a business center.
4. Quality Suites Downtown: This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Windsor and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a business center.
5. TownePlace Suites by Marriott Windsor: This hotel is located near Windsor Airport and offers a variety of amenities, including a fitness center, an indoor pool, and a business center.
Windsor Airport is located in the city of Windsor, Ontario, Canada, which is known for its rich history, cultural diversity, and scenic beauty. There are many attractions near the airport that visitors can explore during their stay. Here are some of the top attractions:
1. Windsor Riverfront: This beautiful waterfront park is located just a few minutes from the airport and offers stunning views of the Detroit River. Visitors can enjoy a leisurely stroll, bike ride, or picnic while taking in the sights and sounds of the river.
2. Caesars Windsor: This world-class casino and hotel is located just a short drive from the airport and offers a wide range of gaming options, dining, and entertainment.
3. Windsor Sculpture Park: This outdoor art gallery features over 30 large-scale sculptures by renowned artists from around the world. Visitors can take a self-guided tour and admire the unique and thought-provoking works of art.
4. Ojibway Nature Centre: This nature preserve is located just a few miles from the airport and offers visitors the chance to explore over 160 hectares of wetlands, forests, and meadows. There are hiking trails, birdwatching opportunities, and educational programs for all ages.
5. Windsor-Essex County Wine Route: This scenic route takes visitors through the heart of Ontario’s wine country, where they can sample some of the region’s best wines and enjoy the beautiful countryside.
6. Adventure Bay Family Water Park: This indoor water park is located in downtown Windsor and offers a variety of water slides, pools, and other attractions for all ages.
7. Windsor Spitfires Hockey: Hockey fans can catch a game at the WFCU Centre, home of the Windsor Spitfires junior hockey team.
8. Dieppe Gardens: This beautiful park is located along the riverfront and features manicured gardens, fountains, and a memorial to the Canadian soldiers who fought in the Battle of Dieppe during World War II.
9. Windsor-Detroit Tunnel: This historic tunnel connects Windsor to Detroit, Michigan and is a popular attraction for visitors who want to cross the border and explore the city.
10. Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre: This state-of-the-art facility offers a variety of aquatic programs and activities, including swimming lessons, water aerobics, and competitive swimming.
History of Windsor Airport
Windsor Airport, located in Windsor, Ontario, Canada, has a rich history dating back to the early 1920s. Originally known as the Walker Airport, it was established in 1928 by the Walker family, who were prominent businessmen in the area. The airport was primarily used for private aviation and was a popular destination for wealthy individuals who owned their own planes.
In the 1940s, the airport was taken over by the Canadian government and used as a training facility for pilots during World War II. After the war, the airport was returned to private ownership and continued to serve as a hub for private aviation.
In the 1960s, the airport underwent a major expansion and modernization project, which included the construction of a new terminal building and runway. This expansion allowed the airport to accommodate larger commercial aircraft and paved the way for the introduction of scheduled passenger service.
Today, Windsor Airport is a thriving regional airport that serves the Windsor-Essex County area and surrounding regions. It is home to several airlines, including Air Canada, WestJet, and Porter Airlines, and offers a range of domestic and international flights. The airport continues to play an important role in the local economy and is a vital transportation hub for the region.
Other Airports in Ontario, Canada
- Armstrong Airport
- Atikokan Municipal Airport
- Attawapiskat Airport
- Big Trout Lake Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport
- Brampton-Caledon Airport
- Buttonville Municipal Airport
- Cat Lake Airport
- Centralia / James T. Field Memorial Aerodrome
- CFB Trenton
- Chapleau Airport
- Chris Hadfield Airport
- Cornwall Regional Airport
- Deer Lake Airport
- Downsview Airport
- Dryden Regional Airport
- Earlton (Timiskaming Regional) Airport
- Elliot Lake Municipal Airport
- Fort Albany Airport
- Fort Frances Municipal Airport
- Fort Hope Airport
- Fort Severn Airport
- Geraldton Greenstone Regional Airport
- Goderich Airport
- Gore Bay Manitoulin Airport
- Hearst Rene Fontaine Municipal Airport
- Hornepayne Municipal Airport
- Huronia Airport
- Ignace Municipal Airport
- John C. Munro Hamilton International Airport
- Kapuskasing Airport
- Kasabonika Airport
- Kashechewan Airport
- Kenora Airport
- Kingston Norman Rogers Airport
- Kirkland Lake Airport
- Lansdowne House Airport
- Lester B. Pearson International Airport
- London Airport
- Manitoulin East Municipal Airport
- Manitouwadge Airport
- Marathon Airport
- Moosonee Airport
- Muskoka Airport
- Muskrat Dam Airport
- Nakina Airport
- Niagara District Airport
- North Bay Jack Garland Airport
- Oshawa Executive Airport
- Ottawa / Carp Airport
- Ottawa / Rockcliffe Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Owen Sound / Billy Bishop Regional Airport
- Peawanuck Airport
- Pembroke Airport
- Petawawa Airport
- Peterborough Municipal Airport
- Pickle Lake Airport
- Pikangikum Airport
- Red Lake Airport
- Round Lake (Weagamow Lake) Airport
- Sachigo Lake Airport
- Sandy Lake Airport
- Sault Ste Marie Airport
- Sioux Lookout Airport
- Smiths Falls-Montague (Russ Beach) Airport
- St Thomas Municipal Airport
- Sudbury Airport
- Thunder Bay Airport
- Timmins/Victor M. Power
- Waterloo Airport
- Wawa Airport
- Webequie Airport
- Wiarton Airport
- Windsor Airport