Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is a major airport located in Wuhan, the capital city of Hubei Province in China. It is one of the busiest airports in central China, serving both domestic and international flights. The airport has modern facilities and offers a wide range of services to passengers.
Error 403 The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your quota. : quotaExceeded
Quick Informations and Statistics
Table of Contents
- Quick Informations and Statistics
- How to Get to Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Transportation Options
- Car Parking
- Car Rental at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Operating Airlines
- Security Protocols
- Traveler’s Assistance
- Shops and Restaurants
- Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
- WiFi and Workspace Facilities
- Accomodation Options Nearby Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Attractions Nearby
- History of Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Other Airports in Hubei Province, China
How to Get to Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is located in the Hubei province of China. There are several ways to get to the airport, including by taxi, bus, or subway.
If you are taking a taxi, it is recommended to use a licensed taxi service to ensure safety and reliability. The journey from the city center to the airport takes approximately 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic.
Alternatively, you can take a bus from various locations in the city to the airport. The bus service is frequent and affordable, with several routes available.
For those who prefer to use public transportation, the subway is also an option. The airport is connected to Line 2 of the Wuhan Metro, making it easy to reach from different parts of the city.
Overall, there are several convenient options for getting to Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, making it easy for travelers to reach their destination.
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is one of the busiest airports in central China, serving millions of passengers every year. To help travelers get to and from the airport, there are several transportation options available. Here are some of the most popular ways to travel to and from Wuhan Tianhe International Airport:
1. Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport and are a convenient way to get to your destination. The fare is metered and starts at 10 RMB, with an additional charge of 2 RMB per kilometer after the first 3 kilometers.
2. Airport Shuttle Bus: The airport shuttle bus is a cost-effective option for travelers who want to save money. The shuttle bus runs from the airport to various locations in the city, including the Wuhan Railway Station, Hankou Railway Station, and Wuchang Railway Station. The fare is around 20 RMB per person.
3. Metro: The Wuhan Metro Line 2 connects the airport to the city center, with a travel time of around 40 minutes. The fare is around 7 RMB per person.
4. Private Car: For travelers who want a more comfortable and personalized experience, private car services are available. These services can be booked in advance and offer door-to-door transportation to your destination.
5. Public Bus: Public buses are also available at the airport, with routes to various locations in the city. The fare is around 2 RMB per person.
No matter which transportation option you choose, getting to and from Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is easy and convenient. With a range of options available, travelers can choose the one that best suits their needs and budget.
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport offers several car parking options for passengers and visitors. Here are the different car parking options and their locations:
1. Terminal 1 Parking Lot: This parking lot is located in front of Terminal 1 and offers both short-term and long-term parking options. It has a capacity of 1,500 vehicles and is open 24 hours a day.
2. Terminal 2 Parking Lot: This parking lot is located in front of Terminal 2 and offers both short-term and long-term parking options. It has a capacity of 2,000 vehicles and is open 24 hours a day.
3. Economy Parking Lot: This parking lot is located near Terminal 2 and offers long-term parking options at a lower rate than the Terminal 2 Parking Lot. It has a capacity of 1,000 vehicles and is open 24 hours a day.
4. VIP Parking Lot: This parking lot is located near Terminal 2 and offers premium parking services for VIP passengers. It has a capacity of 50 vehicles and is open 24 hours a day.
5. Remote Parking Lot: This parking lot is located outside the airport premises and offers long-term parking options at a lower rate than the Terminal 2 Parking Lot. It has a capacity of 1,000 vehicles and is open 24 hours a day. A shuttle bus service is available to transport passengers to and from the airport.
Overall, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport provides a variety of car parking options to suit the needs of different passengers and visitors.
Car Rental at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Avis Rent A Car
- Hertz Car Rental
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Budget Rent A Car
- Sixt Car Rental
- Dollar Car Rental
- E-Z Rent A Car
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is one of the busiest airports in central China, serving the city of Wuhan and its surrounding areas. The airport has two terminals, Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, which are connected by a shuttle bus service.
Terminal 1 is the older of the two terminals and primarily serves domestic flights. It has a total of 16 boarding gates and is equipped with basic facilities such as restaurants, shops, and lounges. The terminal has undergone several renovations in recent years to improve its facilities and services.
Terminal 2, on the other hand, is the newer and larger terminal, which opened in 2008. It serves both domestic and international flights and has a total of 66 boarding gates. The terminal is equipped with modern facilities such as duty-free shops, restaurants, lounges, and a business center. It also has a spacious and modern design, with plenty of natural light and greenery.
Both terminals are well-maintained and offer a comfortable and convenient experience for travelers. The airport also provides various transportation options, including taxis, buses, and a metro line that connects the airport to the city center. Overall, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is a modern and efficient airport that provides a pleasant travel experience for its passengers.
1. Air China
2. China Eastern Airlines
3. China Southern Airlines
4. Hainan Airlines
5. Xiamen Airlines
6. Sichuan Airlines
7. Shenzhen Airlines
8. Juneyao Airlines
9. Lucky Air
10. Tibet Airlines
11. Okay Airways
12. Hebei Airlines
13. GX Airlines
14. Fuzhou Airlines
15. Spring Airlines
16. Tianjin Airlines
17. Beijing Capital Airlines
18. Shandong Airlines
19. Chengdu Airlines
20. Kunming Airlines
21. Jiangxi Air
22. Qingdao Airlines
23. Urumqi Air
24. Air Macau
25. Thai Lion Air
26. Korean Air
27. Asiana Airlines
28. Japan Airlines
29. All Nippon Airways
30. Cathay Pacific Airways
31. Singapore Airlines
32. Malaysia Airlines
33. Philippine Airlines
34. Vietnam Airlines
35. Garuda Indonesia
37. Cebu Pacific
39. Jetstar Asia Airways
40. Thai Airways International.
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is one of the busiest airports in China, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure the safety and security of all passengers, the airport has implemented strict security protocols.
The airport security team uses advanced technology and equipment to screen passengers and their luggage. All passengers are required to go through a security checkpoint before entering the boarding area. The security checkpoint includes metal detectors, X-ray machines, and body scanners. Passengers are also required to remove their shoes, belts, and jackets before going through the security checkpoint.
In addition to the security checkpoint, the airport has a team of trained security personnel who patrol the airport premises. The security personnel are equipped with advanced surveillance equipment to monitor the airport for any suspicious activity. The airport also has a canine unit that is trained to detect explosives and other dangerous materials.
Overall, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport takes the safety and security of its passengers very seriously. The airport’s security protocols are designed to ensure that all passengers can travel safely and with peace of mind. The airport’s commitment to security has earned it a reputation as one of the safest airports in China.
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is one of the busiest airports in China, serving millions of passengers every year. To ensure a smooth and hassle-free travel experience, the airport offers a range of traveler’s assistance services. These services are designed to cater to the needs of passengers with disabilities, families with young children, and those who require special assistance.
One of the most notable traveler’s assistance services offered at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is the wheelchair service. This service is available to passengers who have difficulty walking or require assistance due to a disability. The airport provides wheelchairs and trained staff to assist passengers with boarding, disembarking, and navigating the airport.
Another important service offered at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is the family assistance service. This service is designed to help families with young children navigate the airport and board their flights. The airport provides strollers, baby changing facilities, and other amenities to make traveling with children easier and more comfortable.
In addition to these services, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport also offers a range of other traveler’s assistance services, including baggage handling, lost and found, and translation services. These services are available 24/7 and are designed to ensure that passengers have a stress-free and enjoyable travel experience. Overall, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport’s traveler’s assistance services are comprehensive and designed to cater to the needs of all passengers.
Shops and Restaurants
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is a bustling hub for travelers in China. The airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Here are some of the top shops and restaurants at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport:
1. Duty-Free Shop: This shop offers a wide range of duty-free products, including cosmetics, perfumes, and liquor.
2. Bookstore: Passengers can browse through a variety of books, magazines, and newspapers at this bookstore.
3. Souvenir Shop: This shop offers a range of souvenirs, including keychains, magnets, and postcards.
4. Fashion and Accessories: Passengers can shop for the latest fashion trends and accessories at this store.
5. Electronics Store: This store offers a range of electronic gadgets, including smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
1. Starbucks: Passengers can enjoy their favorite coffee and snacks at this popular coffee chain.
2. KFC: This fast-food chain offers a range of fried chicken, burgers, and fries.
3. Pizza Hut: Passengers can enjoy a slice of pizza or a full meal at this popular pizza chain.
4. Chinese Cuisine: Passengers can savor authentic Chinese cuisine at several restaurants located within the airport.
5. Western Cuisine: Passengers can also enjoy a range of Western cuisine, including burgers, sandwiches, and salads.
In conclusion, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport offers a wide range of shops and restaurants to cater to the needs of its passengers. Whether you’re looking for duty-free products, souvenirs, or a quick bite to eat, the airport has something for everyone.
Prayer Rooms and Worship Areas
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport offers several prayer rooms and worship areas for passengers who wish to pray or meditate during their travels. Here are the locations of these facilities:
1. Muslim Prayer Room – located on the second floor of Terminal 3 near Gate 16. This prayer room is equipped with prayer mats, a Qibla direction indicator, and ablution facilities.
2. Christian Chapel – located on the second floor of Terminal 3 near Gate 16. This chapel is open to all Christian denominations and offers a quiet space for prayer and reflection.
3. Buddhist Meditation Room – located on the second floor of Terminal 3 near Gate 16. This meditation room is designed for Buddhist travelers and features a statue of Buddha, prayer mats, and incense burners.
4. Multi-Faith Prayer Room – located on the second floor of Terminal 2 near Gate 7. This prayer room is open to people of all faiths and provides a peaceful space for prayer and meditation.
All of these prayer rooms and worship areas are open 24 hours a day and are free to use for all passengers. They are maintained regularly and provide a comfortable and welcoming environment for travelers to practice their faith or find a moment of peace during their journey.
WiFi and Workspace Facilities
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport offers a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to ensure that passengers have a comfortable and productive experience while waiting for their flights.
WiFi: The airport provides free WiFi throughout the terminal building, allowing passengers to stay connected with their loved ones or work remotely. The WiFi network is fast and reliable, making it easy to browse the internet, check emails, or stream videos.
Workspace: For passengers who need to work or study, the airport offers several workspace options. There are designated workstations with desks and chairs, as well as power outlets for charging devices. Additionally, there are several cafes and restaurants with seating areas that are conducive to working.
Lounges: For passengers who require a more private and comfortable workspace, the airport has several lounges that offer a range of amenities. These lounges provide comfortable seating, complimentary snacks and beverages, and high-speed WiFi. Some lounges also offer shower facilities, meeting rooms, and printing services.
Overall, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport provides a range of WiFi and workspace facilities to cater to the needs of all passengers. Whether you need to work, study, or simply stay connected, the airport has you covered.
The Wuhan Tianhe International Airport has a variety of lounges available for passengers to relax and enjoy their time in the airport. Here are the lounges and their locations:
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- Air China First Class Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- Air China Business Class Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- China Eastern Airlines VIP Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- China Southern Airlines VIP Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- Hainan Airlines VIP Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- Spring Airlines VIP Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- Sichuan Airlines VIP Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- Xiamen Airlines VIP Lounge – Located in Domestic Departures in the North Zone of Terminal 2
- China Southern Airlines International Lounge – Located in International Departures in the South Zone of Terminal 2
- Air China International Lounge – Located in International Departures in the South Zone of Terminal 2
Accomodation Options Nearby Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, located in Wuhan, China, offers a range of accommodation options catering to the diverse needs of travelers. Whether you are looking for budget-friendly accommodations or seeking the epitome of luxury, the airport has got you covered. Here are the accommodation options available at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport:
1. Transit hotel:
For those with a short layover or in need of a few hours of rest, there is a transit hotel conveniently located within the airport premises. These compact yet comfortable rooms offer basic amenities such as a bed, bathroom, and Wi-Fi, providing a hassle-free stay without having to leave the airport.
2. Economy hotels:
Close to the airport, several economy hotels offer affordable options for travelers on a budget. These properties provide clean and comfortable rooms, often equipped with essential amenities including air conditioning, television, Wi-Fi, and en-suite bathrooms. Convenience stores, eateries, and public transport options are usually accessible from these hotels.
3. Mid-range hotels:
For those seeking a slightly more upscale experience, mid-range hotels around Wuhan Tianhe International Airport offer comfortable accommodations with additional amenities. Along with well-appointed rooms, you can expect facilities like fitness centers, business centers, on-site restaurants, and room service. Airport shuttle services may also be provided.
4. Luxury hotels:
If you are looking for a luxurious stay near the airport, you can find several high-end hotels that offer top-notch facilities and services. These properties boast elegant rooms, exquisite dining options, spa and wellness centers, swimming pools, and other premium amenities. They often provide airport transfers and concierge services to enhance your comfort and convenience.
5. Serviced apartments:
For extended stays or those desiring more space, serviced apartments around the airport offer a home-like environment with the convenience of hotel services. These fully furnished apartments come with a living area, kitchenette or full kitchen, and various amenities like a gym, swimming pool, and laundry facilities. Ideal for families or travelers seeking a more independent stay.
It’s important to note that the availability, rates, and specific facilities may vary among these accommodation options. Advanced reservations are often recommended, especially during peak travel periods. Whether you’re on a layover, visiting Wuhan, or attending a business meeting, the range of accommodation options at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport ensures there is something to suit every traveler’s needs and preferences.
1. Yellow Crane Tower: Located just a short distance from Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, the Yellow Crane Tower is a must-visit attraction. This iconic tower, originally built in the 3rd century, offers stunning panoramic views of the Yangtze River and the city of Wuhan.
2. East Lake: Explore the natural beauty of Wuhan at East Lake, the largest urban lake in China. With its picturesque landscapes, serene surroundings, and various recreational activities such as boating and fishing, East Lake provides a perfect escape for nature lovers.
3. Hubei Provincial Museum: Immerse yourself in Chinese history and culture at the Hubei Provincial Museum, located near the airport. This renowned museum showcases over 200,000 artifacts, including ancient bronze vessels, intricate pottery, and exquisite jade carvings.
4. Guiyuan Temple: Pay a visit to the Guiyuan Temple, a renowned Buddhist temple in Wuhan. Known for its beautiful architectural style and serene atmosphere, this temple offers a tranquil retreat for spiritual seekers.
5. Wuhan Yangtze River Bridge: Discover the engineering marvel of the Wuhan Yangtze River Bridge, one of the longest bridges in the world. Capture breathtaking views of the river and the cityscape while walking or cycling across this impressive structure.
6. Han Street: Experience the vibrant and bustling atmosphere of Han Street, a famous commercial area in Wuhan. Lined with trendy shops, boutiques, restaurants, and entertainment venues, this pedestrian street offers a delightful shopping and dining experience.
7. Jianghan Road Pedestrian Street: Another popular shopping destination near the airport is Jianghan Road Pedestrian Street. This lively street is known for its vibrant nightlife, street food stalls, and a plethora of retail outlets, making it a haven for shoppers and food enthusiasts.
8. Wuhan Botanical Garden: Enjoy a relaxing day surrounded by lush greenery at the Wuhan Botanical Garden. This sprawling garden features a wide variety of plants, a tranquil lake, and several themed gardens, making it an ideal spot for nature walks or picnics.
9. Wuhan Zoo: Perfect for families and animal lovers, the Wuhan Zoo is a great place to spend a fun-filled day observing a diverse range of wildlife. From majestic tigers to playful pandas, this zoo offers visitors an opportunity to get up close and personal with fascinating animals.
10. Changchun Taoist Temple: Explore Wuhan’s religious heritage at Changchun Taoist Temple, one of the oldest Taoist temples in the city. Admire the stunning architecture, intricate carvings, and peaceful prayer halls within this sacred site.
Note: Please note that some of these attractions may have restrictions or limited opening hours due to COVID-19. It is advisable to check before visiting.
History of Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
Wuhan Tianhe International Airport is located in Wuhan, the capital city of Hubei Province in China. The airport was first opened in 1995 and was initially designed to handle domestic flights. However, with the rapid growth of the city and the increasing demand for international travel, the airport underwent a major expansion in 2004 to accommodate international flights.
The airport has since become one of the busiest airports in central China, serving as a major hub for both domestic and international flights. In 2019, the airport handled over 24 million passengers, making it the 14th busiest airport in China.
In recent years, the airport has undergone further expansion and renovation to improve its facilities and services. This includes the construction of a new terminal building, which opened in 2017, and the addition of new runways and taxiways. The airport also offers a range of amenities for passengers, including restaurants, shops, and lounges.
Overall, Wuhan Tianhe International Airport has played a significant role in the development of Wuhan as a major transportation hub in China. Its continued growth and expansion are expected to further enhance the city’s connectivity and economic development.
Other Airports in Hubei Province, China
- Dangyang Air Base
- Guangzhou MR Air Base / Guanghua Airport
- Jingzhou Shashi Airport
- Shennongjia Hongping Airport
- Shiyan Wudangshan Airport
- Wuhan Tianhe International Airport
- Xiangyang Liuji Airport
- Xiaogan Air Base
- Yichang Sanxia Airport